Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1543 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1543 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1533 1542 1543 1544 1553 ... LastLast
Results 30,841 to 30,860 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Starting to scale into LABD. Looking for XBI to pull back to the $66 range before advancing further.

My Ride
    a tank

Nak/ndm.to

so far it looks like price is moving in a 5pt bear flag targeting a lower low. I may consider re-enter a position under 1.8 to complete the 5 waves down structure

However I have been told from other EW counters, this thing could correct as low as 0.6-1.15

because it may have completed a major 5 wave top back at 3.40 and so the correction should be a significant one.

if that is the case, then this 5 waves down will only be the first wave A. Will keep my positions small and will only be using the profits I made from the 1.39 - 3.19 ride up.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

fcx clearly is bearish at this moment. after failing to sustain above the neckline breakout now find its head back under water and soon will drown down wards as gravity would love to pull her down to the 13s even 12s from the obvious h&s target.

the only bullish short term stance would be to view the lower high denoted by wave v(i) as a truncated 5th. then there is a possibility that the recent drop could be a A=C move.

I would only begin to entertain this idea if fcx manages to get back and sustain herself above water at 15.50+ a safer bet would be to even buy on the breakout above 16.50

until this happens. my current limit order is in the 12s.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by bspot
    Starting to scale into LABD. Looking for XBI to pull back to the $66 range before advancing further.
    I jumped the gun by a day on LABD, but im still confident in my play. In the hole 3% now will monitor closely thought... will clear my position and wait for lower entry if i get 5-6% down but i hope that doesnt happen.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Originally posted by riander5

I jumped the gun by a day on LABD, but im still confident in my play. In the hole 3% now will monitor closely thought... will clear my position and wait for lower entry if i get 5-6% down but i hope that doesnt happen.
    So LABD is pretty much at all time lows... what is the play on this trade? enter a speculative position that might pay off big time?
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by littledan

So LABD is pretty much at all time lows... what is the play on this trade? enter a speculative position that might pay off big time?
    If you want to gamble and put a stop loss, sure.
    But this is 3x ETF, there is no bottom. All time lows doesn't really mean anything, as these can keep reverse splitting indefinitely. Risky IMO.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Originally posted by Disoblige

If you want to gamble and put a stop loss, sure.
    But this is 3x ETF, there is no bottom. All time lows doesn't really mean anything, as these can keep reverse splitting indefinitely. Risky IMO.
    OK gotcha. I've never traded a leveraged ETF so not going to start until I have a better grasp.

So basically this would be a monitored trade where you enter and exit on momentum to snipe a few bucks when the sector is moving.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by littledan

OK gotcha. I've never traded a leveraged ETF so not going to start until I have a better grasp.

So basically this would be a monitored trade where you enter and exit on momentum to snipe a few bucks when the sector is moving.
    Im not playing it based off of all time lows, im playing based off of the momentum indicators mostly. RSI, Stoich RSI, MACD, AO,

Normally bio takes a breather and has been quite predictable over the last little while, if you take a couple 2-4% losses, you can make a 10-20% gain once you pick the right entry. I cant upload pictures at work but will this weekend as to why I chose to enter

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by riander5

Im not playing it based off of all time lows, im playing based off of the momentum indicators mostly. RSI, Stoich RSI, MACD, AO,

Normally bio takes a breather and has been quite predictable over the last little while, if you take a couple 2-4% losses, you can make a 10-20% gain once you pick the right entry. I cant upload pictures at work but will this weekend as to why I chose to enter
    What's you're price target? I was thinking conservatively XBI = 66. You're absolutely right that some of the corrections are monster though. I get weak hands with inverse ETFs. It's a little easier to hold their bull counterparts.

Originally posted by SilverRex
    fcx clearly is bearish at this moment. after failing to sustain above the neckline breakout now find its head back under water and soon will drown down wards as gravity would love to pull her down to the 13s even 12s from the obvious h&s target.

the only bullish short term stance would be to view the lower high denoted by wave v(i) as a truncated 5th. then there is a possibility that the recent drop could be a A=C move.

I would only begin to entertain this idea if fcx manages to get back and sustain herself above water at 15.50+ a safer bet would be to even buy on the breakout above 16.50

until this happens. my current limit order is in the 12s.

Hey silver, im super new to active trading but have been trying to collect as much info as possible as I'm looking to get hands on pretty soon here.

I did a quick look at FCX seasonal trends. If I'm reading it right It looks like every year since 2012 (except for last year) around mid feb to early march the FCX stock takes a pretty substantial dive, any thoughts on this? Something to be wary of? Still trying to understand trends.

My Ride
    a tank

well natgas finally got to my initial buying range in the 2.7 area. going to take a stab at this with a small ST play

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by bspot

What's you're price target? I was thinking conservatively XBI = 66. You're absolutely right that some of the corrections are monster though. I get weak hands with inverse ETFs. It's a little easier to hold their bull counterparts.
    My price target is probably 12-14. That's when I will start watching it real close for an exit. One thing is LABD is super risky since Xbi and labu are in a strong uptrend .... but daily and 4h are so OB I couldn't resist. Lets see how it goes

Also nat gas getting pumped

RBC DIrect Investing is down again for me.

What trading platforms does everyone recommend moving all my tens of hundreds of dollars to?

I already have a TD Waterhouse US trading account. They seem better, but looking for opinions of features and the amount of timely downtime.

My Ride
    is broken

Downtime? Almost none with Questrade. And if they are, you can make trades over the phone.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    a tank

gold

last week was looking for a bullish 1-2, 1-2 setup unless gold broke the 200EMA on the 5m which suggest it wants to hunt the 1226-1228 area. well this morning it impulsively bounced off that area. now it is fighting a down trendline resistance. will see if the sub correctional wave 2 is in and readying for a big move.

nak/ndm.to is breaking down from that 5pt bear flag formed last week. I will be looking for a re-entry if it can make a new low (lower than last week's low)

ccj/cco looks like it remains in a correction

fcx also continuing it's breakdown. h&s target remains in the low 13s. my limit order is in the 12s
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

because of what happen last year waiting for the pull back that never came. I am trying to see this sector as optimistic as I could.

the current uber bullish count in black 1-2, 1-2 and a less probable but still possible 1-2, but wave 2 is a bit short in time. Both suggest wave 3 ahead. As long as it remains above 23.89.

flip side is that the entire run off December also looks like a good solid 5 waves up. hence, this drop the past week could be the first leg down.

doesnt matter. we have 3 mini waves off this morning, waiting for it to produce 5 waves, then I will attempt to pickup jnug during the mini wave 2 pull back (similar to how I traded the ccj/cco a few weeks back)

and will put a stop below today's low

let see if gdx can holdon to that reversal hammer into the close

Last edited by SilverRex; 02-21-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by J-hop

Hey silver, im super new to active trading but have been trying to collect as much info as possible as I'm looking to get hands on pretty soon here.

I did a quick look at FCX seasonal trends. If I'm reading it right It looks like every year since 2012 (except for last year) around mid feb to early march the FCX stock takes a pretty substantial dive, any thoughts on this? Something to be wary of? Still trying to understand trends.
    yes seasonal can have an impact to turns in the market, but I dont solely just look at them. So far it definitely feels like both counts/technical and seasonal are in sync together.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by SilverRex
    Nak/ndm.to

so far it looks like price is moving in a 5pt bear flag targeting a lower low. I may consider re-enter a position under 1.8 to complete the 5 waves down structure

However I have been told from other EW counters, this thing could correct as low as 0.6-1.15

because it may have completed a major 5 wave top back at 3.40 and so the correction should be a significant one.

if that is the case, then this 5 waves down will only be the first wave A. Will keep my positions small and will only be using the profits I made from the 1.39 - 3.19 ride up.

posted this last week suggesting the bear flag targeting a new low.

new low achieved, re-entering half of the position I sold nearly a month ago
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    rally pig

re-added my position to ACB this morning (shouldn't have procrastinated last week ), hoping for a green report this Thursday

Really hope oil isn't making its big move to 60+ right now. Only have a very small position at the moment but I won't chase it.

Page 1543 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1533 1542 1543 1544 1553 ... LastLast