Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1545 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1545 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1535 1544 1545 1546 1555 ... LastLast
Results 30,881 to 30,900 of 35560

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

fuark missed the boat on LABD! good trade for you guys that got in at ~$11

when is the news on ACB earnings being released? thoughts on how it would affect RTI?
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Wish the dollar would just dump more. It's really affecting the gold bull miners today.

Originally posted by littledan
    fuark missed the boat on LABD! good trade for you guys that got in at ~$11

when is the news on ACB earnings being released? thoughts on how it would affect RTI?
    Yea looks pretty good. I was looking at this stock last night. My gut feel looking at the trends and trying my own Mickey Mouse calculations is by mid next week it will be back down around 11.5. Interested to see how this goes

My Ride
    a tank

silver is the first to breakout from the multi month down channel line. bullish imo

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride

Really not liking the action in 3x gold miners. They're either lagging, or performing pretty poor. And with the back and forth action over the past couple weeks, in the end both bulls and bears lose with the very clear decay.

Something better happen in March or I'm going a different route for my portfolio strategy.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Burned two months in a row on miners... taking a break right now and strongly considering trading 100x leverage gold futures instead, practice account is looking strong still... well, if I could stop trying my luck on oil

Edit:

Wins: 33
    Losses: 6

Would of been 5 losses but one I forgot to move the SL, so 5 100% losses, and one 50%... wins are all from 30-300% gains

Still around the $17k mark, but had over $13k in losses on oil/eurusd

Total gold losses were $26k

Basically just got impatient and bought a huge block in the middle of the range, missed TP by $0.50 then it dropped and took out SP by $1.50... whoops. Account was well over $30k before I did that
    Last edited by ercchry; 02-23-2017 at 03:56 PM.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Really not liking the action in 3x gold miners. They're either lagging, or performing pretty poor. And with the back and forth action over the past couple weeks, in the end both bulls and bears lose with the very clear decay.

Something better happen in March or I'm going a different route for my portfolio strategy.
    yes and that has me a bit worried. miners are not performing well relative to gold. I got in on leverage on a good price and will just move my stop to break even and see what happens.

if this is a wave 3 breakout, it needs to move like a wave 3 within a day or two.

otherwise it will roll right into a steeper and longer correction. gdx down to 22 as I suggested as the alt count will be on the table.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by ercchry
    Burned two months in a row on miners... taking a break right now and strongly considering trading 100x leverage gold futures instead, practice account is looking strong still... well, if I could stop trying my luck on oil

Edit:

Wins: 33
    Losses: 6

Would of been 5 losses but one I forgot to move the SL, so 5 100% losses, and one 50%... wins are all from 30-300% gains

Still around the $17k mark, but had over $13k in losses on oil/eurusd

Total gold losses were $26k

Basically just got impatient and bought a huge block in the middle of the range, missed TP by $0.50 then it dropped and took out SP by $1.50... whoops. Account was well over $30k before I did that
    Well at least you are honest and don't try to pretend you can only pick winners.... no one can! Hopefully you learned though and can bounce back on your next trades! GL

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by riander5

Well at least you are honest and don't try to pretend you can only pick winners.... no one can! Hopefully you learned though and can bounce back on your next trades! GL
    What's the saying? The best only win 6/10 times?

Part of the issue is im distracted with actual work now too... which is probably a good thing. Really happy with how things are developing and same sort of personal freedom but without the capital risk this trading nonsense has

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by ercchry

What's the saying? The best only win 6/10 times?

Part of the issue is im distracted with actual work now too... which is probably a good thing. Really happy with how things are developing and same sort of personal freedom but without the capital risk this trading nonsense has
    The best win 2 or 3 out of 10, but minimize their losses on the ones they lose is all!

My Ride
    a tank

the target towards hunting a low in the 12s remains intact.

I suspect we are pretty close if not already made the sub iii down. looking for a small bounce follow by 1 more wave lower towards 12s.

I want to see a similar divergence bottom formed last year. the 1-2, 1-2 setup here with wave 3 being a very powerful move will take fcx up to the 20-24s

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

whats going on with the markets today!
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    a tank

ccj has backtested the breakout line as well as corrected to the extreme hitting the 61% this morning. so if this one is going to fly now. it needs to start moving from here. otherwise this whole correction since topping out will begin to morph into a longer flat or flag depending on how the lows and high connect.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

CCJ is climbing, good time to jump in?

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Cameco has some pretty wild swings doesnt it

My Ride
    a tank

looking at just gold. I can say it is looking good. I like the 200EMA, as back in oct/nov shortly after being a good support, the breakdown lead to a very bearish sell off.

now a similar pattern but in reverse is happening. resistance at first now broken convincingly to the upside.

for the time being, I think it is a buy the dip (even though the last few hours, it does look like gold is a bit corrective and may head down some more)

the big concern is how the miners have reacted. normally this is a huge concern. gold has made two new highs but miners remains stuck in the down channel.

for gold, I think only breaking below 1231 would have me very concern. until then, the momentum is clearly up. but miners I will keep the gdx at 23.89 a must hold territory.

I have my Jnug at breakeven. and will now just watch how it all unfolds.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride

I have no faith in miners right now. As you mentioned, gold hitting highs and it's down because the market is down. It seems like they can only go up when both gold and the market is up.

Very bad news for those holding the bag. I would try to get out ASAP and watch from the sidelines. If this continues, gold could reach 1300+ and JNUG can't even get to $13.

Edit: Also, I don't think you can compare these to previous years whatsoever because after the split last year in August, look at the volume difference. The price is much more attractive to the retail crowd and I think that has a big effect on it. I will be very surprised if it follows a similar trend as last year.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 02-24-2017 at 01:14 PM.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Disoblige
    I have no faith in miners right now. As you mentioned, gold hitting highs and it's down because the market is down. It seems like they can only go up when both gold and the market is up.

Very bad news for those holding the bag. I would try to get out ASAP and watch from the sidelines. If this continues, gold could reach 1300+ and JNUG can't even get to $13.

Edit: Also, I don't think you can compare these to previous years whatsoever because after the split last year in August, look at the volume difference. The price is much more attractive to the retail crowd and I think that has a big effect on it. I will be very surprised if it follows a similar trend as last year.
    one explanation is that gold is finally catching up while miners correct, it is possible but not preferred. Miners came off flying out of the gate and had fully retested the election day high and gold still had more room to go.

technically just going to stick to my own plan. until I see gold break under 1231 and gdx under 23.89, I think the next big move is up.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

to make sense of the weakness in miners. I am also trying look at a different count for gold without destroying the bullish bias.

it is possible gold is in a wave 5 with extension in a terminal wave (I) top. so that best case would be a top near 1300 then a multi month intermediate decline.

a even more immediate decline would be that we are at the very end stages of the wave v of (I) move in orange.

once the rising neckline breaks, we will know.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Horse

Just rolled the dice 3 minutes before the bell and bought
    JNUG
    UGAZ
    FCX
    CCJ

Let's see what happens monday

Page 1545 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1535 1544 1545 1546 1555 ... LastLast