Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1100 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1100 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1090 1099 1100 1101 1110 ... LastLast
Results 21,981 to 22,000 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

Well there's a class-action lawsuit against CLQ and I fit the criteria (having bought between Oct 28 2010 and Feb 28 2011). May I live in interesting times indeed! Tomorrow I'll call the law firm to see what's up. It's probably not worth it for me to pay any attorney fees to recoup losses, but I'm curious to know how this will unfold. If it's a "percentage" lawsuit (by that I mean lawyers are paid a percentage of the settlement) then it might be worth it. Does anyone know how stuff like this works? Are lawyers paid by every willing shareholder in cases like this (% of fee's relative to percentage of shares or potential recoups)? Serious business is serious.

Sold off WRN early this morning for a slight gain but kept CUM. All of my stocks are down today except one... SLW took a huge hit, so did AAV. I think I'll dump AAV soon enough. I thought it was retracing to the 20ma but it broke down lower. Maybe today just exasperated all the losses.

[EDIT] Looks like AAV hit my stop loss and it's already gone. Not sure if I should be happy or not. I still think it might rebound in the short-term and it's a good buy long-term. I also retract my thanks to you guys for SLW, haha damn... Besides commodity prices, is the market perhaps testing once more the 14 000 mark?
    Last edited by bitteeinbit; 04-11-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Porsche 944S2 Cabrio

My Ride
    07 997TT

well HOU was a miserable fail...haha.

onto the next play...err i mean loser.

My Ride
    07 997TT

fkn bloodbath out there....depending on what sectors you watch

I like IPT, GPR, ML at these levels....

lol i knew i should of sold on down day, i would have lost lik 3%, now its lik 12%....might hold and buy in more when a reversal is showing...hou

uuu.to comeon buddy

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

PYN should be almost ready for it's next big push up, it's down almost 50% since it's last high only a month or so back, a lot of analysts have suggested between 0.30-0.50 into the summer. God I hope so haha

AUN should be as well, it's down 30% in the last month

My Ride
    NC1

I'll be back in the markets when I see 12,500.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Hi-Psi
    PYN should be almost ready for it's next big push up, it's down almost 50% since it's last high only a month or so back, a lot of analysts have suggested between 0.30-0.50 into the summer. God I hope so haha

AUN should be as well, it's down 30% in the last month
    I bought some PYN yesterday... it's down another 6% today... I wish I had waited a little longer... I hope the analysts are right.

Oh man I hate sell offs
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

Originally posted by bitteeinbit
    [B]Well there's a class-action lawsuit against CLQ and I fit the criteria (having bought between Oct 28 2010 and Feb 28 2011). May I live in interesting times indeed! Tomorrow I'll call the law firm to see what's up. It's probably not worth it for me to pay any attorney fees to recoup losses, but I'm curious to know how this will unfold. If it's a "percentage" lawsuit (by that I mean lawyers are paid a percentage of the settlement) then it might be worth it. Does anyone know how stuff like this works? Are lawyers paid by every willing shareholder in cases like this (% of fee's relative to percentage of shares or potential recoups)? Serious business is serious.
    Yeah, I got burned pretty good with CLQ. After some really good runs everything has gone terrible. Bad bad situation with them. I sold it all and won't look back.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by max_boost
    I'll be back in the markets when I see 12,500.
    your patience will pay off,

we are almost june (the japan quake could impact the market sooner than one thinks)

with goldman calling a bearish view on commodities, we could see a similar 2008 panic

so have your powder ready
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Wow hopefully this doesn't last deep into the week. I'll have to buy down everything. Makes for good buying opportunities for some but I loaded up last week... I lost SLW today on another stop loss, yikes. I had 15%+ gains on NPR.UN which have been wiped clean in a bit over a week. I can't do anything but leave for a day or two and hopefully the dust settles.
    Porsche 944S2 Cabrio

My Ride
    a tank

Wow hopefully this doesn't last deep into the week. I'll have to buy down everything. Makes for good buying opportunities for some but I loaded up last week... I lost SLW today on another stop loss, yikes. I had 15%+ gains on NPR.UN which have been wiped clean in a bit over a week. I can't do anything but leave for a day or two and hopefully the dust settles.
    for metals, stay away from stock for the next 6-8 month, there will be a time for everything. Those stock may not take off until metals hit its peak.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Not sure if they'll all stagnate, I think that's a little negative but other stocks might do better like the tech sector or services. I'll definitely have to adjust to a less aggressive approach/strategy.
    Porsche 944S2 Cabrio

Originally posted by SilverRex

for metals, stay away from stock for the next 6-8 month, there will be a time for everything. Those stock may not take off until metals hit its peak.
    Could have used that advise before I bought into silver :P
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

hey sr whats your view on oil? think this retracement will be a big one, or will it take off like a wave soon? jw cause i choked on the sell on that one

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

Check out OSK on the TSX. They projected their reserve values @ $1000US/oz for Gold. 10.7MM oz of proven reserves. Market cap of only $5.5B right now. Shares currently in the mid $12's and will be revalued shortly once they go commercial in the next month or so.

Originally posted by SilverRex

your patience will pay off,

we are almost june (the japan quake could impact the market sooner than one thinks)

with goldman calling a bearish view on commodities, we could see a similar 2008 panic

so have your powder ready

Goldman's view? Are you serious?!?!

If anything that's a buy signal. How many times has Goldman made a recommendation to its clients, who only find out later that Goldman themselves were on the opposite side of the trade. What's the track record of trading on Goldman's recommendations?

My Ride
    a tank

oil needs to regain above 108 quickly or risk heading lower as it continues to violate a short term critical support around the 106 area in order to remain short term bullish

a similar setup is also occurring with metals, for silver example, we either going to see one impulsive move to test 45-50 for a divergence and intermediate top or we may head for a steeper correction

with the major cycle turn date of mid june approaching fast, there isnt too much time left for the market to make a move. Volatility will certainly increase thereafter,

the ongoing method will be range trading,expecting flash crashes, and sharp rallies ahead. Day trader's heaven
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Just noticed I made an 18% gain on XG... In my local newspapers TRADING STOCK GAME........AAAaaaaarg! Fuck my life. I'm probably going to buy down GPR today. Everything I do lately is wrong so why not go all out and lose all my savings?

This is my trading from the past 2 days:
    Last edited by bitteeinbit; 04-14-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    Porsche 944S2 Cabrio

My Ride
    07 997TT

Just noticed I made an 18% gain on XG... In my local newspapers TRADING STOCK GAME........AAAaaaaarg! Fuck my life. I'm probably going to buy down GPR today. Everything I do lately is wrong so why not go all out and lose all my savings?

This is my trading from the past 2 days:
    hahaha.... now this is the best post i have seen in a while.

you guys can thank me for this weather...i put my summer tires on Sun night. Of course a shit load of snow follows.....

Page 1100 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1090 1099 1100 1101 1110 ... LastLast