Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 298 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 298 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 288 297 298 299 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Yeah, I hate RSG.

I'm trying to get into SNO at .40 but it's just not takin'.

Dammit. I had a bid up yesterday ALL DAY at .41 and it didn't take.

Today I'm gonna try .40 - but even when it dropped I didn't get shares. Go figure.

L2 anyone? For SNO?

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

OLR haulted!! WOOOOOOO. hopefully you guys done miss

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Just bought 10,000 shares of LWC.
    Bought 30,000 of OLR, it got halted today pending news of takeover!!! Probably gap up huge tomorrow. If you can get in, get in now.

Hey guys

I'm getting into stock trading. Just doing simulation stuff right now.

What I am wondering most is, how do you guys hear about the not well known companies? How do you stay up to date with that companies information so you know when to buy and sell?

Thanks

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

What is the outlook on OLR?

Originally posted by BananaFob
    Just bought 10,000 shares of LWC.
    Bought 30,000 of OLR, it got halted today pending news of takeover!!! Probably gap up huge tomorrow. If you can get in, get in now.
    today has come. n it hasnt done much

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

NOT Only has it not done much...it fucking tanked....I hate new announcements that make no money!!! BLAHHHHHHHH

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    NOT Only has it not done much...it fucking tanked....I hate new announcements that make no money!!! BLAHHHHHHHH
    Yep... I'm pretty choked. The CEO is such a douchebag. Who the fuck halts a stock on retarded news. Jesus.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I have seen a few halts of late and then stock price go down. Have to be careful with some of these.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

So for those who have IQW still, their stock was at .18 and you recall the recent announcement of $75 million in contracts which saw their stock more than double. Well, today they lost nearly triple that amount in contracts by losing one single huge customer Rogers.

Rogers is moving their $210+ million of print work to TransCon.

Ofcourse, no news release about that at IQW. But the reality is this is a huge hit to IQW and their stock should go back down to the .18 range or less IMO. I'd say less. Much less once people learn about this...info is a couple hours old but ofcourse IQW isn't gonna put up a new release to this effect I wouldn't expect.

The news can be found though on TCL.B or TCL.A I would think.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by Rat Fink

Did the company request the halt, or did the exchange do the halt?

If the exchange did the halt, and demanded news to justify the recent action, that could explain the bunk news. They had to come out with something....
    Company requested the halt.

For the non-speculative Investor... I'm adding LUN.TO to my choices for the next 12-24 months. My personal theory is that it'll drop a little more in the coming month or two, and then should hit it's stride in about 6-12 months. I'm thinking $12 is very possible.

My two big choices right now are GCA.TO and now LUN.TO

My Ride
    17 M3 ZCP + 18 X3M40

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    So for those who have IQW still, their stock was at .18 and you recall the recent announcement of $75 million in contracts which saw their stock more than double. Well, today they lost nearly triple that amount in contracts by losing one single huge customer Rogers.

Rogers is moving their $210+ million of print work to TransCon.

Ofcourse, no news release about that at IQW. But the reality is this is a huge hit to IQW and their stock should go back down to the .18 range or less IMO. I'd say less. Much less once people learn about this...info is a couple hours old but ofcourse IQW isn't gonna put up a new release to this effect I wouldn't expect.

The news can be found though on TCL.B or TCL.A I would think.
    I have a little IQW left (loosing right now). When I heard the Rogers news I thought the stock would immedietly start tanking but it didnt seem to make any effect. Now this could be due to the fact that people just dont know/havent heard yet. I was thrown off by the fact that there was little (extra) downward movement of the sp for the remainder of the day. I dont know if I should hold until wed of next week or start dumping and cut my losses and put the money somewhere else.

Maybe its just my luck recently but I cant seem to pick a winner of late. Even with good NR's and solid DD on companies I am in the red everywhere.

Well, it's not like IQW is going to make their own news release and say "Hey, look folks, we just lost triple in contracts when compared to what we just signed."

I'd say that as people become informed via the news, it will effect the stock. I think it will continue to go down until it is back in the teens. I give it a week or so. If I still had any I'd dump it. But that's just me. I think it will go down and in a couple weeks, IQW will likely announce they have signed some other important people to contracts, and then it might jump back up to the 30's again. All speculation.

My Ride
    17 M3 ZCP + 18 X3M40

Well, it's not like IQW is going to make their own news release and say "Hey, look folks, we just lost triple in contracts when compared to what we just signed."

I'd say that as people become informed via the news, it will effect the stock. I think it will continue to go down until it is back in the teens. I give it a week or so. If I still had any I'd dump it. But that's just me. I think it will go down and in a couple weeks, IQW will likely announce they have signed some other important people to contracts, and then it might jump back up to the 30's again. All speculation.
    I completely agree with you. But dont you think the possiblity of the stock not being delisted on the 20th would have a positive effect on sp. Thats the only thing that is keeping me from dumping right now. Even that is a gamble of course.

IQW dropped to .265 this morning and then they put out a news release about signing RONA. (No dollar value, and realistically it's not very big)

I was gonna buy 20000 shares at .275 this morning but I had to go out. When I got back it was sitting at .35. Fawk. Would have been a nice day.

My Ride
    17 M3 ZCP + 18 X3M40

IQW dropped to .265 this morning and then they put out a news release about signing RONA. (No dollar value, and realistically it's not very big)

I was gonna buy 20000 shares at .275 this morning but I had to go out. When I got back it was sitting at .35. Fawk. Would have been a nice day.

I was thrown off by the fact that there were no numbers for the Rona deal as well. Managed to do a little trade on this one today to make some money. I still am holding a little though. Just touched $0.40.

My Ride
    BMW E46/R6

What's everyone in these days? Any small cap stuff on the go?? Just liquidated some assets and need a place for it.

Page 298 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 288 297 298 299 308 ... LastLast