Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1636 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1636 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1626 1635 1636 1637 1646 ... LastLast
Results 32,701 to 32,720 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

AAPL

made a new ATH this morning, another confirming signal that the stock market isnt dead. still expecting new ATH across all sectors this years. using S&P as reference, once it hits above 3000-3200 I will begin to scale back significantly.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Icon

finally some signs of life this morning, we will see if this translate to anything significant
    update: well earnings came out this morning, they met expectation and reiterating outlook unchanged for 2018 doesnt seem like a bad report other than the fall in revenue YoY
    So pissed. I put in an order but it was 1 cent away. Then proceeded to go up 20%.

My Ride
    a tank

Weed

im still expecting one more higher high for this sector, this correction really test your patience. looks like a triangle breakout here, from experience, triangle breakouts are usually a terminal move. So this could be the last major up cycle before she finds a bigger top

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    So pissed. I put in an order but it was 1 cent away. Then proceeded to go up 20%.
    added another small tranche hoping this is a wave 2 pull back

- - - Updated - - -

been slowly re-entering cryptoshares. aftering selling BTCS @ 0.115 and BTSC @ 0.135 two weeks ago, bought back @ 0.082 last week and @ 0.095 this morning respectively

- - - Updated - - -

Oil

after reaching above 70 for a brief period I think we have a ST if not a MT topping. this should put on the brakes on energy shares that will see some whipsaw ahead. As show on this chart, I see a clear 5 waves up, expecting oil to backtest the blue box in the coming weeks.

Last edited by SilverRex; 05-08-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

gold vs dollar

despite dollar's recent surge which has nearly recover all of the losses going back to the Dec 11 peak. Gold is no where near giving back the same amount. I see this as extreme underlying strength. Either we have one more micro 5 waves down to go or gold may have completed (c) of (II) down as I am spotted 5 up and 3 down off the low this month.

I am still expecting May to be a breakout month for gold.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Sold my CVE.to since I will be away on vacation for a little bit and will likely be out of range of reliable internet connection. Looking to do the same with my other oil stocks before I leave.

My Ride
    a tank

Weed

so far the triangle breakout remains intact and with a solid gap up today this could be wave 3 in progress. Leaf which I recommended when it was trading in the 17s, has now moved up nearly 50%.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 05-14-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Gold

looks like we finally go get our lower wave v of (c) in play. there is two channel support line intersecting just near 1290 so I will be starting to scale back into leverage once it makes a move lower to this level or beyond. RSI is nearly oversold from prior major reversal. count remains intact.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Icon

well been adding during the pull back towards 0.60, one can only think the bottom is in when it first touched 0.58 and I see a mini 5 waves up 3 down so far.

alt count is a possibility that this is just another wave (iv) bounce follow by one more push lower

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

gdx/gdxj still looks like it can use one more wave lower. waiting for another drop before beginning to scale in

Last edited by SilverRex; 05-16-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

while miners havent quite hit a lower low, gold appears a solid 5 waves down as well as tagging the 61% retracement level of the 1237-1365 move so I am going to open 1 Jnug starting position
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

ipt.v

one of my lesser silver junior. got in at 0.277 in December during the last intermediate cycle low and so far I spot 5 waves up and 3 down what could possibly be a perfect back test of the breakout line. hopeflly a good looking chart here means silver prices is about to embark on a good run.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Mara

after selling above 2, bought back my position at 1.6, was hoping to get another position in under 1.30 which never came. count wise, 5 up and 3 down, doesnt look any better for a setup on the next rally. Most other crypto shares more or less looks similar. now we wait for crpyto coins to make the next move (breakout)

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Weed

since the triangle breakout, Weed has be moving up nicely, my expectation that this entire correction is just another very large wave (iv) is so far intact. count has not changed. it should be in wave 3 of (iii) in progress. I would say key support now lies at 31.46, so long it does not break this, one should expect new highs soon.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

oil

looks like it has finally topped, I may have slightly under estimate it's final wave v extension which pushed up a few more dollars but that is how things are, the expectation is the same from a major count. I hope no one was caught holding bte/Meg as wave 4 correction is fully underway.

if this is a 5th wave major top, then the correction will take us down to the blue box. However I have to consider another count variation (in orange) that it is very possible we only had a wave iii of 5 top which means we are experiencing another sharp wave 4 down follow by one more wave slightly higher. Either scenario I think in a couple of months we will eventually see oil crash back down to the blue box as a MT target. so those playing oil, you can risk what you will, personally I dont have any exposure to this sector, had I been I would have completely taken all my profits when oil was hovering above 70 perhaps maybe attempting a short position.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Bloc / BLKCF

just one of many crypto shares, and I think they are in a similar count. 1-2. 1-2. imo this goes well if BTC is to have bottom here and next week is the beginning of a new up cycle

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Gold

dollar index just produced a swing high on the daily chart, this could be the beginning of a good drop in the dollar that should fuel PMs. Gold is right on the cusp of a breakout after a solid 5 waves down so either way I believe we are headed back to the 1320s which places a good risk setup here with a tight stop.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

spx

ever since spx had it's initial sharp decline back in early Feb, I have been expecting some type of triangle consolidation with a final breakout to the upside for yet another ATH. So far it has been nothing but corrective action thru out the last few months. While I would love to believe the worse is over and we got our 5 point consolidation with a breakout early May and s nice back test sub wave 2 and the coast appears to be clear for a very good run in the next couple of weeks.

I can still see a possible one final thrust down as an alternate count (E) but not breaking wave (C) below 2553.

My own strategy is that once spx breaks above 2875, I will begin to unwind all my investment slowly. The ideal target remains at 3200+

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    spx

ever since spx had it's initial sharp decline back in early Feb, I have been expecting some type of triangle consolidation with a final breakout to the upside for yet another ATH. So far it has been nothing but corrective action thru out the last few months. While I would love to believe the worse is over and we got our 5 point consolidation with a breakout early May and s nice back test sub wave 2 and the coast appears to be clear for a very good run in the next couple of weeks.

I can still see a possible one final thrust down as an alternate count (E) but not breaking wave (C) below 2553.

My own strategy is that once spx breaks above 2875, I will begin to unwind all my investment slowly. The ideal target remains at 3200+

Hey, just curious about your strategy with the SPX nearing those levels. I am holding a few similar stocks as you like MUX.TO and USA.TO, on a mid to longer term basis. Some of your Elliot wave related posts have indicated some decent gains could be made in the mining sector (with more weighted on silver) are you assuming with a large market correction you'll scale out of those and wait to re-enter them? Does that fit in with some of the long term Elliot wave communities outlook?

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Magic8Ball View Post
    Hey, just curious about your strategy with the SPX nearing those levels. I am holding a few similar stocks as you like MUX.TO and USA.TO, on a mid to longer term basis. Some of your Elliot wave related posts have indicated some decent gains could be made in the mining sector (with more weighted on silver) are you assuming with a large market correction you'll scale out of those and wait to re-enter them? Does that fit in with some of the long term Elliot wave communities outlook?
    personally it is true that the SM and PMs can both move up and down together, however keep in mind that the SM is closer to a top than a bottom and the PMs are closer to a bottom than it is near a top. While I have a plan to start backing out of the general stock market once all the indexes begins to produce new ATH, I think for the mining sector I will try not to get too cute with short term wiggles because the next breakout move could be very significant. I dont have a target for mux at this time, but from those following usa.to in another forum they were doing the math and arrived at price target of 20.00 and this is without silver prices moving higher.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1636 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1626 1635 1636 1637 1646 ... LastLast