Results 33,461 to 33,480 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Think silver is going on a run too??

My Ride
    a tank

Houston we have lift off.

Gold targeting to the confluence target with this breakout in the coming months to 1500 is very much under way. It would be good to look at silver play as it tends to play catch up. If there is any sort of decent correction/dip I will scale back in some leverage play.
    edit: Gold needs to Gap'N Go within the next hour or so, the longer it stays sideways, the higher the chance we could have a short term topping and need a few days to correct. I welcome the latter as I will continue to scale in on good dips.

NIO/NBEV both looking good off the low so far. Will continue to hold.

Natgas, looks like the pattern ABC for a lower low unfolded. added to UGAZ this morning at the open.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 06-20-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NIO worked out nicely!

I sold it and jumped onto the new IPO... that isn't really an IPO... er... whatever; Slack finally hit the NYSE about 30 minutes ago under the ticker WORK, it has been like a year lead up to this. It is a direct listing that started today.

Kind of excited for this one, I think it might run away today

That is a tempting to get into. I think Slack could be a big player in the future (more than they already are)

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

SilverRex - Thoughts on GPL? They have had a couple runs, worth jumping into longterm?
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by GT.....O? View Post
    SilverRex - Thoughts on GPL? They have had a couple runs, worth jumping into longterm?
    If gold breakout is real and we are onto 1500, all PM will move. I've been in and out of GPL, no position right now, my main silver play is usa.to. key is to spread out your position. if you dont want to think, then look at silj
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Might start a ugaz position.

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    Gold

Reposting gold's big picture count. This has never changed. In the short run, was hoping to see gold back test the 200 moving average in around 1250, this still has not happened, and I wont rule out the possibility still exist on the table. Miners especially gdxj has already hit a lower low and I have since bought back half the shares I sold and lowered my averages under 7 Jnug. I am in position and will hold for a couple of months. Regardless gold remains in an over all bear market or not, gold can still break out of this multi-year consolidation and hit the target blue box as a wave C high. I want to take advantage of this and will decide later if and when we do get there.

Reposting this for anyone who wants to look at the big picture. we are half way there. Even if we hit 1500, gold could still be remain in a much larger bear market. Bulls will want to reach the target blue box and bears will want to short that area for the next multiyear cycle heading to new lows to begin. The low risk setup has always been when gold remains trading under 1300 which has now came and gone. If there was another good buying area it will be to see gold back test the breakout line which depending on how to connect the highs, the min is at 1350.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Gold

At this very moment, Gold has officially confirmed large degree breakout. Everyone dip should be an opportunity for the coming weeks perhaps even months. With negative divergence the first daily cycle should be coming to an end as we head towards a DCL (daily cycle low), the most logical place buy zone is a backtest of the 2016 high at around 1370-1375. I will scale into PM if I see this area reached.

2nd buy zone is between 1333-1350 which I actually do not prefer. Some of my other charting buddies do suggest if we get down to this area, then the rally is dead, but I am willing to hang on just because of my obsession with the yellow metal. My own breakout line pegs it around 1346.

3rd zone (red) is trouble which tells me the breakout was another fake one, falling knife begins. Opens up the opportunity to back test the 1260 area or lower.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I feel like Amazon is going to break through the 2000 mark in the next day or so... stock is crazy bullish right now

Such a weird stock that way... when you look at your position, the share count is so low compared to other companies it is almost comical
    That's why I don't even really like owning it. Not going to make any good money unless the stock goes to like 3600$. It's definitely more of a long play as Amazon slowly takes over the world.

Kicking my ass that I was about a half hour late getting my order in for Pembina the other day. It was down below 48$, which is a great place to catch it for a quick turnaround. Sure enough the next day it was back up to 49$.

Anyone play the DowJ? Ever since Trump became president it seems to swing like clockwork between 25000 and 27000. Sitting at 26,800 right now, seems ripe for a short position.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Spidey senses are tingling for a nice run here. Decided to load up..

SU
    TRI
    PEY
    GILD
    BNS
    SLF

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

SU
    TRI
    PEY
    GILD
    BNS
    SLF
    PEY always tempting haha

My Ride
    Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

SU
    TRI
    PEY
    GILD
    BNS
    SLF
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your normal stock strategy? Are you hoping for a 5% increase and sell? 10%? Or is it something different entirely?
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    a tank

Oil

For this whole year, the larger ABC count has not changed. I am still expecting a wave C under the Dec 2018 Low. Given it still looks like just a 3 wave to the down side after topping out on wave B up. If you are an intraday trader, then I will watch carefully on 54.13 to the downside or 60.15 to the upside. For oil to remain bullish, 54.13 must hold, otherwise the resumption of the decline continues. if in the off chance it can close above 60.15, then I would say the alt count of a more drawn out 3-3-3 to the upside for wave B will be targeted. Even with this, I am still expecting another major decline in the future, it is more or less drawn out/delayed by all the surrounding tension and news with whats happening in the oil sector lately.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Scalped JNUG $0.25 tee-hee. Been a while since I played 3x miners.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your normal stock strategy? Are you hoping for a 5% increase and sell? 10%? Or is it something different entirely?
    Normal strategy is just doing a ton of upfront research, finding the stocks I like, following them for a good entry and holding for a while. I usually track about 20-30 stocks in an excel spreadsheet I like and input some quarterly financials and update them as releases come out. I'll monitor the trends and invest into the ones I think are moving in the right direction.

I would say that is the basis for about 70% of my portfolio. The rest I would consider high-risk and take a totally different approach for nearly every trade.

Dunno if that helps at all..

My Ride
    a tank

NBEV

Ever since it made new lows and I opened 1 position and so far getting a good bounce off of it. Now it is in a critical moment, I would like to count this as wave 2 ending and a big run up is about to begin. If price comes down lower enough and knocks me out at my entry price @ around 4.3x, then I will have to exit and expect further weakness.

NIO, its in a similar patttern imo, except my position in much smaller.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1674 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1664 1673 1674 1675 1684 ... LastLast