Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1642 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1642 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 1632 1641 1642
Results 32,821 to 32,828 of 32828

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

I'm ok with it, as long as MJ stocks don't end up the same way is the dot com stocks did.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Market really reminiscent of early 2000's. People with zero financial literacy are popping out of the woodwork bragging about returns on their MJ stocks. Only risk people are concerned about is the risk of missing out.

Shitty dot com stocks used to pop the same way. Buy in the morning check in the afternoon and it would be up 20% on a news article.
    What's wrong with that? I know people who made fortunes from investing in tech companies in the late 90's early 2000s and holding them for 15+ years, take the Renerts with Apple for example.

People are investing in a massive emerging market, I don't blame anyone.

My Ride
    2016 Golf TSi

Quote Originally Posted by buh_buh View Post
    I'm ok with it, as long as MJ stocks don't end up the same way is the dot com stocks did.

I'm doing my part by buying the products haha

Dot com companies sold physical product too and the idea was much more revolutionary. Most of those companies did not survive. MJ companies are basically growing grass. It can be profitable but it will be enormously competitive from day one. Perhaps a few companies will it make out on top but nobody knows who they will be, what kind of pricing power they'll have to pad margins, and the market for their product is overinflated. It's been around forever. People who don't use it won't become regular users just because its legal and sealed in a pretty package. Current valuations are mostly built on thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    What's wrong with that? I know people who made fortunes from investing in tech companies in the late 90's early 2000s and holding them for 15+ years, take the Renerts with Apple for example.

People are investing in a massive emerging market, I don't blame anyone.
    So you know one person who made out well. You never hear about the people who lost their shirts. I'm not blaming anyone by the way. Just buyer beware.

My Ride
    2016 Golf TSi

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Dot com companies sold physical product too and the idea was much more revolutionary. Most of those companies did not survive. MJ companies are basically growing grass. It can be profitable but it will be enormously competitive from day one. Perhaps a few companies will it make out on top but nobody knows who they will be, what kind of pricing power they'll have to pad margins, and the market for their product is overinflated. It's been around forever. People who don't use it won't become regular users just because its legal and sealed in a pretty package. Current valuations are mostly built on thin air.
    Sounds like an opportunity for the Big short if you believe this

My Ride
    '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Tilray is fucking crazy! Pushed up $138+ and still showing strength. Just goes to show what a US listing can help do.

Also ACB halted on pending news right now. Things are so hyped.

My goal is just to take the profits as they come and let anywhere between 25-50% ride with no risk. That way, no real worry about a crash if it does come around.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post

Also ACB halted on pending news right now. Things are so hyped.
    Not on news. IIROC asked for facts from the statement around Coke. Aurora confirmed no deal. Trading is back on.

Page 1642 of 1642 FirstFirst ... 1632 1641 1642