Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1214 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1214 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1204 1213 1214 1215 1224 ... LastLast
Results 24,261 to 24,280 of 35560

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

I've been having a boat load of fun with NKO - Niko Resources. I got in last week at $2.12, sold today at $3:28, and bought in again at $2.98. Should be a a fucking awesome ride.

Anyone shorting SBUX?
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

so here is a question for you guys... say someone got 1000 stock options when they started a new job, that stock is floating around $26/share now and the options are vested (options were around $19/share)... is it possible to get these into a TFSA before cashing them in?

Originally posted by ercchry
    so here is a question for you guys... say someone got 1000 stock options when they started a new job, that stock is floating around $26/share now and the options are vested (options were around $19/share)... is it possible to get these into a TFSA before cashing them in?
    no. when you exercise you will pay the $7/sh tax on them.

Then your cost of the share is $26/share and then you can roll it into your TFSA.

I am not aware of any way to shelter your stock options from tax or else everyone in calgary would be doing it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

damn, well got another 4 years till they have to be exercised... so yeah not gong to take the risk now since they are at an all time high

^that being said, if you have the money, exercise and hold the shares. Its much easier to sell if shit hits the fan. You press a button and sell.

Rather than most people, if the price goes down, you tend not to exercise because you're not at the "all time high" and you watch your options become worthless. true story, i've seen it many times w/ friends.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

yeah, but i probably wouldnt panic sell and would end up backwards on them after taxes instead of just zero'd out

Originally posted by AudiPWR
    I've been having a boat load of fun with NKO - Niko Resources. I got in last week at $2.12, sold today at $3:28, and bought in again at $2.98. Should be a a fucking awesome ride.
    Not sure what I was thinking when I posted this.. This stock is a complete gamble.

Good news for those who stuck it out with nfk/dxe. They are going to attempt to perf again:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/africa...130000502.html

Woohoo!

My Ride
    Car

I just want my money back...crossing fingers lol

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by sabad66
    Good news for those who stuck it out with nfk/dxe. They are going to attempt to perf again:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/africa...130000502.html

Woohoo!
    It turned out to be a longer hold then I thought, but I am glad I averaged down when it was low. Could have gone either way, but hoping to make some money today.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

Big question still is who is paying for the re-perf? As usual they leave out some critical details like that in the NR

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by sabad66
    Big question still is who is paying for the re-perf? As usual they leave out some critical details like that in the NR
    Of course they do. They are probably fighting with hali over who covers the cost. My guess is hali will end up having to cover it if NFK/DXE can prove they messed up anywhere along the line. If Hali was good at covering their ass, NFK/DXE will be on the hook.

Fingers crossed the crew messed up somewhere and its not a NFK/DXE cost.

My Ride
    your mom

Do we know that it's Halliburton working for NFK/DXE? I would suspect it might be a smaller shop doing it given this botched job.

Who ever is putting together the company's NR's is leaving out some pretty important information like WTF actually was seen on the imaging. This is a pretty big song and dance (not to mention wait) to simply say they're going to try again.

My $0.02 is this: if they're going to try to perf again, I would imagine that they didn't perf the first time and those old charges they used were scrap or they have some Tunisian monkeys running the service rig. I spoke with John Nelson in November and he said that they couldn't inject acid in the reservoir even under max pressure which makes it pretty clear there was no perf. I asked him that when they pulled everything out of the well if there was any indication for wellbore damage and he provided a strong no other then possible slight surface corrosion or scaling from acid in the hole.

So who knows. I've been holding since April in the black still, but would really like for this to hit oil, good prod, $1.00 SP and GFTO! Getting sick of this shit haha.

Originally posted by Arash
    Im not an idiot...

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by busdepot
    Do we know that it's Halliburton working for NFK/DXE? I would suspect it might be a smaller shop doing it given this botched job.

Who ever is putting together the company's NR's is leaving out some pretty important information like WTF actually was seen on the imaging. This is a pretty big song and dance (not to mention wait) to simply say they're going to try again.

My $0.02 is this: if they're going to try to perf again, I would imagine that they didn't perf the first time and those old charges they used were scrap or they have some Tunisian monkeys running the service rig. I spoke with John Nelson in November and he said that they couldn't inject acid in the reservoir even under max pressure which makes it pretty clear there was no perf. I asked him that when they pulled everything out of the well if there was any indication for wellbore damage and he provided a strong no other then possible slight surface corrosion or scaling from acid in the hole.

So who knows. I've been holding since April in the black still, but would really like for this to hit oil, good prod, $1.00 SP and GFTO! Getting sick of this shit haha.
    I don't know for sure, but that is the word around the stockhouse boards. Could all be BS though

The fact they are trying again says that perf was not successful. It also says the bore is in good enough shape to handle a second attempt (or at least they think it is).

"$1.00 SP and GFTO!" This is pretty much my thinking as well. Watch it spike and run.

Not sure what I was thinking when I posted this.. This stock is a complete gamble.
    The CEO stepped down so hopefully some new blood will help this stock. He sold in 2009/2010 for ~100/share so he was useless after that for shareholders.

I also want to buy but this stock is pretty high risk.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by 8baller8

The CEO stepped down so hopefully some new blood will help this stock. He sold in 2009/2010 for ~100/share so he was useless after that for shareholders.

I has little to do with the staff, and a lot to do with the price of NG I think.

Wont see a climb in this stock until we see NG prices go back up.

My $.02

Originally posted by 8baller8

I bought more yesterday for around $2.25. Up nicely today.

I can see them doing extremely well, they are positioned great..

But yes, it is extremely risky.. I'm either counting on $0 or $10-$15 by 2015..

Stoked on Canacol(CNE.TO) I have a good feeling this stock is going to hit $5 by september.
    Well it's January and Canacol is sitting pretty at $7.21.

I just keep buying more and more of this stock, I have a great feeling about it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

bbry call option last thursday was a good idea

Page 1214 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1204 1213 1214 1215 1224 ... LastLast