Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1212 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1212 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1202 1211 1212 1213 1222 ... LastLast
Results 24,221 to 24,240 of 35557

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

lol today really sucked.... all i can do is laugh though

last week i sold out a bunch at 28 and 29 cents to cover my my initial outlay and was wondering if it was the right move!

luckily all i lost today was my profit but it sitll doesnt feel good knowing i lost that much in one day....

the should call it the TSX adventure...

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by bmeier
    lol today really sucked.... all i can do is laugh though

last week i sold out a bunch at 28 and 29 cents to cover my my initial outlay and was wondering if it was the right move!

luckily all i lost today was my profit but it sitll doesnt feel good knowing i lost that much in one day....

the should call it the TSX adventure...

I did that... Then bought back in a bunch today while it was on its way down (didn't think it would drop this much) hopefully the speculation can bring it back up enough that I can cash out and either break even, or only lose a few hundred.

Fingers crossed. You win some, you lose some.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Car

Kinda figure the hype will build back up come christmas/new year, so I'm not saying it's done yet. We've all seen plenty of holes that don't go as expected but still end up paying out, no reason at this point to think some botched perf's are a game over. Though I have no idea how you botch perfs....lol.

I'll keep my holdings, watch it till next friday and maybe throw some more spending money in there.

someone posted this

http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd....g&mid=13321736

not sure what to believe but it could be a reason as to why the perfs didnt go as planned.

someone posted this

http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd....p;mid=13321736

not sure what to believe but it could be a reason as to why the perfs didnt go as planned.
    Interesting... hope its legit info.

i emailed john nelson on the weekend about the poor PR and he said a new one would be released this week.

Monday morning and its already done.
    http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1267...ell-in-tunisia

stock seems to be on the way back up, doubt we see 20 anytime soon though. hopefully my decision to buy more at 9 cents on friday works out!
    Last edited by bmeier; 11-25-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Nice move, very ballsy. A quick 40% already on that lot already. The key statement in the NR:

At this time, the Company believes the Abiod formation remains un-evaluated with unchanged potential for yielding a producing well at BHN-1.

Glad I held and didn't bail after the Friday unhault.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Anyone shed some light on WTF is happening with UBNT today???? The NR looks good from what I know. Profits up again. Why the big pull back??

Originally posted by sabad66
    Nice move, very ballsy. A quick 40% already on that lot already. The key statement in the NR:

At this time, the Company believes the Abiod formation remains un-evaluated with unchanged potential for yielding a producing well at BHN-1.

Glad I held and didn't bail after the Friday unhault.
    i had half my shares on market ordered just as it halted. if i hadnt cancelled i would have got 7 cents for them when they unhalted.....

when the PR came out that the well wasnt abandoned i just bought a little bit more hoping to catch a bounce. Going to take my 40% though on those shares, have my core holdings of free shares that will ride.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-22-2019 at 12:51 PM.

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

Originally posted by quick_scar
    Anyone shed some light on WTF is happening with UBNT today???? The NR looks good from what I know. Profits up again. Why the big pull back??
    Dude.. not everything goes parabolic lol
    On Sabbatical

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by themack89

Dude.. not everything goes parabolic lol
    I know, it just didn't make sense at the time. The NR was good and showing growth again, but what wasn't included in the NR was word of their marketing exec leaving. That is what scared everyone and caused the pull back (why, I don't know). I think we will see growth back to over $40 by the end of the week though. It let me get a few more shares for cheap.

I'm not sure if anyone is in or following LXV (LX Ventures) but I just wanted to add some more information since my original post. This stock hit $0.91 today and it just blows my mind the run it has been on. I didn't get in until the $0.30's and I expected to be long gone by now.

Since then they have actually put their website live (beta/test mode) and after taking a look it is a very interesting idea. it seems to be a combination of multiple social media platforms however they are sharing revenue with the celebrities they sign up (I'm not sure if they are sharing revenue with all users or not). They don't have any huge celebrities (Pamela Anderson, Slash, Romeo Miller) at the moment but just a few big ones can really make this grow quickly. So basically you ask a celebrity/person a question and they respond. It looks like for you to read some of the responses you are forced to view a quick ad first.

You can view an ad example here:
    http://www.mobioinsider.com/mobiotesting

So I figured I'd be out of this stock now (have sold some to take profits) but I'm starting to like the concept here and considering holding on to see where this goes.

My question is what do everything think of this site/platform? Is this something you could see yourself using occasionally? It maybe more geared to a younger crowd but my gut is telling me there maybe something here. I'd love to hear your thoughts before I make a decision on when to exit this trade.

My Ride
    17 M3 ZCP + 18 X3M40

I've been looking at LXV for a couple of weeks now. I've been on the sideline and banging my head against the wall the entire time. Quite a run its had. I've had a few orders to buy but havent managed to fill an order. Trying my hardest not to chase it.

So far the product itself looks interesting. Their plan to monetize seems smart. I havent seen too many details but I like the concept. They'll really need some big names to hop on board in order to make it a success though.

One thing I dont like is that anyone can post all kinds of silly things on the "wall" of the celebrity. I am not just talking about spam but stupid comments. I suppose they may have to employ moderators or something. I am not a huge fan of the name/url either.

I am not a big tech guy so this isnt really my sector. Not really sure what to compare this too either. I'll continue watching (actively) from the sidelines for now. Congrats to you though, this has been a great run.

detour gold thoughts?

sitting on 15 million ounces of gold.

My Ride
    17 M3 ZCP + 18 X3M40

detour gold thoughts?

sitting on 15 million ounces of gold.
    All the gold plays have gotten beaten badly the last little while. I feel gold still has some downside so I am playing the miners very cautiously.

I used to trade DGC in the teens and twentys not so long ago. Two other plays that have been beaten are SMF and DPM.

IIRC DGC produces at a cost higher than current spot. I could be wrong on this though. If that is the case I cant see anything good for them in the next little while. Maybe someone else has some more recent insight on DGC specifically. I think 997TT used to play this one but I am not sure if he is still around these parts.

For miners I like YRI (bigger play) and IMG for the short term bounces.

Originally posted by Red@8

All the gold plays have gotten beaten badly the last little while. I feel gold still has some downside so I am playing the miners very cautiously.

I used to trade DGC in the teens and twentys not so long ago. Two other plays that have been beaten are SMF and DPM.

IIRC DGC produces at a cost higher than current spot. I could be wrong on this though. If that is the case I cant see anything good for them in the next little while. Maybe someone else has some more recent insight on DGC specifically. I think 997TT used to play this one but I am not sure if he is still around these parts.

For miners I like YRI (bigger play) and IMG for the short term bounces.
    you are correct in that they basicalyl arent making money mining, but there is some optimism that they can become more efficient since opening the new mine was very expensive.

Originally posted by Red@8
    I've been looking at LXV for a couple of weeks now. I've been on the sideline and banging my head against the wall the entire time. Quite a run its had. I've had a few orders to buy but havent managed to fill an order. Trying my hardest not to chase it.

So far the product itself looks interesting. Their plan to monetize seems smart. I havent seen too many details but I like the concept. They'll really need some big names to hop on board in order to make it a success though.

One thing I dont like is that anyone can post all kinds of silly things on the "wall" of the celebrity. I am not just talking about spam but stupid comments. I suppose they may have to employ moderators or something. I am not a huge fan of the name/url either.

I am not a big tech guy so this isnt really my sector. Not really sure what to compare this too either. I'll continue watching (actively) from the sidelines for now. Congrats to you though, this has been a great run.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I definately agree with your thoughts on the url/name they have but that Dan be overlooked since they are driving th traffic through twitter/Facebook/celebrities.

Turned out to be another great day for this stock. I've taken my original investment out and on free shares now. I still have a lot invested here though and plan on trading this each day as long as the volume is there.

Page 1212 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1202 1211 1212 1213 1222 ... LastLast