Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1580 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1580 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1570 1579 1580 1581 1590 ... LastLast
Results 31,581 to 31,600 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hbc was rocking it today. Instantly up 17% plus in the first 5 minutes of trading. Of course I own no shares lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Why did I not get into HCG... $5 to $15+ in what? 6 weeks?
    Do you guys kick yourself every time the lottery numbers come out lol. These stocks have severely distressed values for a reason. HCG could have easily gone belly up if financing wasn't lined up. The people who made money took a big gamble that happened to work out. It could've easily gone either way which doesn't make it a great investment even in retrospect given the level of risk.

Wow, just took a look at a couple beyond favorites - BTE and MEG. Both are priced for receivership again. Debt servicing might take them under if oil doesn't recover swiftly this year.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Do you guys kick yourself every time the lottery numbers come out lol. These stocks have severely distressed values for a reason. HCG could have easily gone belly up if financing wasn't lined up. The people who made money took a big gamble that happened to work out. It could've easily gone either way which doesn't make it a great investment even in retrospect given the level of risk.

There is a whole thread where I have already had this conversation... Coles notes; they had the LOC in place, financial companies of this size get government intervention, most loans were sound, anything insurable is securitized

I was pilloried for suggesting it. Ah well.

Wow, just took a look at a couple beyond favorites - BTE and MEG. Both are priced for receivership again. Debt servicing might take them under if oil doesn't recover swiftly this year.
    So good time to buy in if you think oil will get back to $50 this year?

I wouldn't touch anything until it finishes bottoming out.

Even good news makes oil fall so it's best to just watch for now

My Ride
    is broken

Shh. Don't remind me that i'm holding anchors. Like a true sucker I might even buy more to lower my average. I figure MEG will bottom at

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Anyone catch this LABU swing?

I was in for about 12% of it... feeling silly for not letting it ride now. Crazy run.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    AVXL: Good buy at $5.73
    TBPH: I would buy under 40

Doggin it..

Lolol burn, FML ...lol.

But seriously, that isn't a good comparison, unless the day before the winning lottery numbers were announced we were thinking of buying a ticket with those exact numbers.

HBC i've been following daily all year. I've bought and sold it a few times this year and made money every time so far. Its the only stock I've been super accurate at guessing when its going to fall and when its going to go up and while i haven't acted on them all, at the moment HBC has made me the most money this year (I went all in with one of my trading accounts on a 20%+ swing I put 18% in my pocket, and did some quick in and outs with 5 or 6g on some minor 2% movements). For example; I was fairly certain last month we'd see it fall to 8.xx soon, and it did. I was fairly certain at that price it was a no brainer to buy too, and it looks like it was. This isn't the first 20% swing I figured was going to happen, but its the first one I didn't have money freed up to take advantage of.

I dont mind missing stuff usually, but definitely kicked myself on this one a bit because I totally fucked up hard buying something that's losing me about 20% vs something that would have gained me about 20%.

I bet ercchry saw the potential in HCG like I saw it in HBC..... but me personally on HCG, i wasn't touching taht thing with a 10 foot pole. I had no knowledge about that company and if it was likely to rebound or stagnate at it's bottom.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If we want to talk about missing out on lotto numbers... I have an account that had access to 5x leveraged bitcoin, if I dumped $5k into that at the beginning of the year, that would be close to $4mm now

My Ride
    a tank

biotech

according to the sentiment optix, biotech is in an extreme optimism state after a pretty strong run up. in the short term, this could setup a topping in this sector.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Horse

FCX is at a tripple bottom?

My Ride
    a tank

IBB

while short term biotech could run into some weakness due to the sentiment extreme. big picture shows we are now in wave 3 of 3 (most powerful leg up) which imo should see this sector testing very close to the 2015 high and break above it by next year.

if anyone remembers all the biotech chart I posted a very long time ago, the big picture count never really changed. the low last year marked the wave (IV) and we are in the final major wave (V) sequence. the side way chop and grind was very painful and would be a day traders dream. However it is nice to finally see some action and follow thru.

this reminds me when gold was correcting in a pretty big way back in 2008 for about a year only to turn around shortly after it broke the down trendline. and we all saw what happen, gold then went on to nearly triple off the low.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

this was the chart I posted back in dec 2016. we are clearly moving in the green path. to ensure biotech does not turn bearish in a major way. it has no business breaking below 300 and more importantly under 292 ever again.

I lean towards new all time high simply because the stock market has entered the final melt up euphoria stage where it will just keep going up. The warning sign would be when indexes double or more in 1 year or less which classifies as a bubble then one has to start unwinding their long position for the next major collapse cycle or secular bear market

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    If we want to talk about missing out on lotto numbers... I have an account that had access to 5x leveraged bitcoin, if I dumped $5k into that at the beginning of the year, that would be close to $4mm now
    Bro man. You and TypeS1 are the gangsters who would dare to attempt that shit. haha

Imagine. haha

My Ride
    a tank

picked up a small position in bte this morning. if oil does get into the 40-42 zone I may add another.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

what I'm looking at right now:

pony is starting to recover and looks like $4 might have been a bottom. Natural gas recovered a bit but i think its more people are over the NDP jitters from the BC election. I still think anything could happen in the next month here though, and while i'd love to see it break $5, i'm not holding my breath. I half expect it to fall again as the first slightly bad news out there.

TV.tsx is back to being predictable for me, although now it's lagging a day behind what i think it should be trading at (i think a lot of people are playing lets wait and see with zinc prices). Tomorrow it should break 1.20, which has been a barrier for it, and if it does could see prices go higher still. Zinc hit as high as 1.24 per pound which could see tv breakout of the 1.20 barrier and venture towards the 1.30s. I'll be watching what zinc does on the shanghai markets that has really been driving the price up this week. Tomorrow will likely end in LME zinc warehouse stock falling into the 2xxxxx ton range, which is another nice mental image that will help prices climb potentially. I dont think we are going to see zinc skyrocket until at least end of summer though personally... but who knows. I have my trigger finger ready to sell if I see zinc prices fall, which they could do at any time (been up and down all spring)

as for Marijuana... aph is starting to look tasty again. If it gets closer to $5 and I have money free I'll probably jump in to that. ACB is also a tempting as I see more potential there, but it's been very limp dick for movement compared to WEED and APH, and while 2.17 seems good, i dont really want to buy it unless its under 2.10.

CHR is back up. i'm guessing it will probably hover here and do some minor ups and downs around this price. If it gets down to the 7.2x's i'd be interested in it again.

HBC is on my backburner as it seems to risky to me at $11-12. I'll start looking at it again if it gets some shitty fluff news that makes it fall to close to $9ish.
    BBD.B is almost off my radar but it has fallen lately so I am still keeping an eye on it.

CVE also leveled out right now and is tempting me to buy it again. @9 CVE is probably one hell of a long term gamble that could pay off big. If you think $50 oil is likely in the next year or 2, that is probably a pretty safe price. if you think $55-60 a barrel is possible, it's a potential goldmine. I still think they are in 6 months of shit sandwiches, but wouldn't be surprised if they still broke double digits in that time. There has been talk that they are likely to be in a position of getting bought out, but I personally think that is horse shit. Suncor might be in a position to do it, but I can't see any company looking at what CVE did (went from low debt cash rich to leveraged to fuck doubling down on some assets they over paid for), and wanting to become CVE 2.0.

BTE is now on my radar to watch as well.
    Last edited by zhao; 06-26-2017 at 10:35 PM.

My Ride
    a tank

copper

after a few false breakout attempt, has copper finally ready to make a new high?

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

zinc held strong overnight, so TV broke the 1.20 barrier and took off today like i was figuring. was tempted to sell at 1.27, but I held on to it and it closed at 1.26. I think there is a good chance TV will break 1.30s if zinc prices remain strong. any big dip in zinc prices and i'm selling and will re-enter. It's a solid company that's done a lot recently to improve itself + has a very favorable outlook by a lot + is looking at potentially skyrocketing zinc prices. Combine that and a lot of people think this stock will hit $2-$3. As I said before $3 seem unlikely but my personal gamble is i'm banking it likely hits 1.70+

pony looks like it's back to being a solid day trading stock. + and then - 20 cents lol.

chr made my wife happy today, up to 7.68. that stock is now way too rich for me to want to buy it, although as far as i'm concerned it should be a no brainer on that thing hitting $8 within a year + its healthy 6+% dividend on top which would still translate in to a fairly safe stock.

aph and acb are down slightly, pushing them closer to a price that i'd like to buy them at.

cve went up a lot today... i'd give it a couple weeks though to see if $9 was a bottom for this stock or not though. This stock has had a trend of rebounding 5% + and then crashing hard for another month+. Crude oil prices are a pretty big wildcard right now.
    Last edited by zhao; 06-27-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Page 1580 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1570 1579 1580 1581 1590 ... LastLast