Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1607 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1607 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1597 1606 1607 1608 1617 ... LastLast
Results 32,121 to 32,140 of 35560

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

mux.to

I added to my core position when it hit 2.39, can you see all the same patterns in the mining sector? all appears to be finishing or have finished their wave (C) low. I expect some major moves to the upside in the coming months

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Hs. It's been going up and down between 14-16.5 but spiked to 18 plus today so I sold and instantly put in a bid at 15 (might revise that to 16 cuz I like this stock) so im hoping it trades down to that this week for re-entry. If not no biggie, I'll take the 2x.x% profit this month and move on.

BTL at $16.50... unreal

My Ride
    XT6

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am mostly a technical trader. Although when I first looked at Ripple the prospect intrigues me. I dont have much to say about it other than the main reason for me to take a speculation position on it is for it to be a counter BTC crypto. ITs traceable, bank adaptation and extremely fast transaction speed. Some folks I know who also holds Ripple are saying Ripple is worth 4-6 dollars just having the bank use it, and this hasnt even factored in all the other asset and investment.

Technically speaking when all the major crypto was breaking out, Ripple was still stuck in a range and appears to be consolidating, to me this is a divergence which I like.
    Thanks, I have entered into a position $.72 we will see how it does.

Also bought some TRON and ADA interested to hear your views on them should you have some time. TRON is a long shot but it's all bitcoin profit so will see how it goes. ADA is interesting for it's ability to scale.

To be honest feels like I'm buying in at a top. But it seems time in the market is more important than timing the market as they break out and you miss them.

Lithium x energy to be purchased for cash 2.61 share. If approved believe closes feb 2018. If closes its about 5% gain for holding for 2 months.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by ickyflex View Post
    BTL at $16.50... unreal
    Doubled my money and sold my position. Needed the cash or I would have kept it. Seems like a great company though.

My Ride
    a tank

bte has hit the 61% retracement level. a small bounce today looks promising. If it can produce a swing low by taking out 2.83 then we may have a turn
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Gold

Gold has finally put in 5 waves off the low and so has GDX. At this point, gold is very near some major resistance area. This is where bears will make a major line to defend themselves. Any metal shorts will look at the 1270-1273 being a very straight forward area to go short as this could be a backtest from the previous channel breakdown. So worse case gold is not out of the woods and could make a new low from here and truly make the final back test of the multi year trendline near 1200-1210 (the last low only got down to 1238, while both COT and cycles do now support it is possible we have just witness gold's intermediate degree low at 1238, it can however make this under cut low to trap shorts.

Personally after seeing 5 waves up I want to see a 3 wave pull back back down to the 1250 area denoted in #1 on this chart then a major thrust above 1270. And of course the uber bullish scenario which I have seen can happen in the past is that we had a shallow wave 2 and wave 3 is beginning and would just punch right thru 1270 and even 1300. This may require some sort of black swan event, collapse of bitcoin who knows.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Havent you been bullish on gold for like 3 years and its just in a sideways pattern

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Havent you been bullish on gold for like 3 years and its just in a sideways pattern
    a little over 2 years since getting back into trading. I have LT position as well as short term play. my LT position is bullish on gold yes, this takes a lot of patience. for short term, I took my profit when gold hit 1350. waiting for the the re-entry which I have got back in early in December as well as adding to my core holdings. You may feel I am for ever bullish because I do not go short when I expect gold to fall. you only ever hear me when I see a good bullish setup.

If you feel gold has gone no where and been moving sideways, this is actually a great sign because most will agree with you, the most unloved sector. Even with such a strong showing in 2016, sentiment has gone back being negative again.

Despite gold moving sideways, here are my current holdings for all my metal plays the only one in big red is my natgas play but I have such a small position size I am just going to leave it alone, I sold 2/3 of my position when natgas was still above 3.00 knowing it is volatile as hell and could open up the 2.5 area, now I am reloading again for another shot.

Sil.v +27%
    Ipt.v +21%
    USA.to +15.52% (my core position is +62%, I actually added more to it thus lowering my profit)
    Jnug +27%
    Gpr.to +41%
    Fcx +27%
    mux.to -4.7%

other things I have is Ripple at 0.20 and a MJ stock +21%, those who even care, if you noticed I have gone away from AUY and KGC. If the next move in gold is happening I actually want to be in the silver miners instead.

I dont only trade the metal sectors. I also made money on bte/meg (exited too soon) Pony got out at +10% when it was technically damaged. GASL was a wash, Hive made some coin from the 3-4 move and decided to exit because I think the silver miners were more attractive.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 12-20-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

interesting day in the penny stocks for what i was watching, but not much for upward movements. MMJ had a decent swing. i didn't buy in to it, but bought another almost totally unknown stock NF. I like the volume on NF, and I really liked the 7.5 million share barrier at 13 cents, so i bought about 6g worth at 13.5. it fluctuated between that and 14 cents all day, and traded over 8 figures in shares, so pretty good volume. we'll see what this does over the holidays.

HS also went down like i thought it would, and i was tempted to buy back in at 16, but I'm going to play wait and see what tomorrow brings. if it breaks below 15 cents i'll likely free up funds and dump a fair bit in to it.

i'm not expecting anything crazy to happen with any of these crap stocks until the new year. Any good news they have brewing is rarely wasted on getting announced before christmas only to have the holidays destroy the momentum that good news could have created. January might be an interesting month.

Finally some decent upward movement on pony. AECO pricing broke $2, and we have a very cold weather forecast, so i expect this to have a good chance to trend up now. I probably shoulda doubled down again on my double down, but right now i'm playing 'any day now' with most of my stocks on seeing which one pops first so no spare funds. Pony being pony could still go down as it seems to be off people's radar. it was super delayed on the NG rally that other NG companies saw this week.

TV keeps testing 1.44 but wont break past. Zinc stockpiles broke below 190000, but the drawdown is somewhat interesting. canceled warrants aren't changing and that is probably why zinc is just in hover mode and not breaking in to a new 5 year high. any day now on this thing from this point is my opinion. Very unlikely there is any hugely bad news in the zinc world from this point on. I believe the last holdout of analysts changed thier target price to be in the $2+ club for this thing, but like i said in summer, i didn't want to hold it past winter and wanted to move in to precious metals around this point. MUX rebounding looks like that was a sound strategy so far, but i think its a bit too soon for MUX to start a long term upward trend (aren't they still basically in between mines?).

My Ride
    a tank

Ripple

as expected, after a week long consolidation, ripple ripped higher. it has now moved up 450% in less than 2 weeks. the breakout above 0.30 was indeed a massive signal. Is this a 5th wave top? or are we entering multiple 5 wave extension. you would think after consolidating for 6 month, the breakout would last longer than 2 weeks. I guess we just have to use the old approach, trend is your friend until it bends.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

both Pony and Bte has produced swing lows. Pony actually did it yesterday. Possible turn and low being in.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

I'm starting to get sucked into the hype and want to throw a few Ks into Cryto... how does it go about investing in them?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    a little over 2 years since getting back into trading. I have LT position as well as short term play. my LT position is bullish on gold yes, this takes a lot of patience. for short term, I took my profit when gold hit 1350. waiting for the the re-entry which I have got back in early in December as well as adding to my core holdings. You may feel I am for ever bullish because I do not go short when I expect gold to fall. you only ever hear me when I see a good bullish setup.

If you feel gold has gone no where and been moving sideways, this is actually a great sign because most will agree with you, the most unloved sector. Even with such a strong showing in 2016, sentiment has gone back being negative again.

Despite gold moving sideways, here are my current holdings for all my metal plays the only one in big red is my natgas play but I have such a small position size I am just going to leave it alone, I sold 2/3 of my position when natgas was still above 3.00 knowing it is volatile as hell and could open up the 2.5 area, now I am reloading again for another shot.

Sil.v +27%
    Ipt.v +21%
    USA.to +15.52% (my core position is +62%, I actually added more to it thus lowering my profit)
    Jnug +27%
    Gpr.to +41%
    Fcx +27%
    mux.to -4.7%

other things I have is Ripple at 0.20 and a MJ stock +21%, those who even care, if you noticed I have gone away from AUY and KGC. If the next move in gold is happening I actually want to be in the silver miners instead.

I dont only trade the metal sectors. I also made money on bte/meg (exited too soon) Pony got out at +10% when it was technically damaged. GASL was a wash, Hive made some coin from the 3-4 move and decided to exit because I think the silver miners were more attractive.

Which pot stock and block chain stocks are you investing in today?

@SilverRex

Thoughts on CBW? Interesting model.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CBW.V?p=CBW.V

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    @SilverRex

Thoughts on CBW? Interesting model.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CBW.V?p=CBW.V
    just from a simple look at the charting, strong volume breakout after multi month consolidation. looks bullish to me. as long as it doesnt break below 1.18 I would hold for the eventual breakout over 2.00
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Throwing this here with all the crypto talk

https://gizmodo.com/iced-tea-makers-...ckc-1821499600
    ---

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Anyone feeling good off Namaste?

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Anyone feeling good off Namaste?
    I took a small position today. Should have got in a week ago when i first was looking at an entry.

Page 1607 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1597 1606 1607 1608 1617 ... LastLast