Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 509 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 509 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 499 508 509 510 519 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,180 of 35557

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    NC1

So I averaged down another 3000 shares on HOU.

Average cost is $6.60 right now.

Anywhere near that and I am out.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    a tank

what da you know, oil decides to pick today to finally push to 37 ish.

there goes my gains from yesterday lol..

what you can do is the break down below 39 comes in such a surprise, for those that are stuck, look for oil with a chance to retest that level, before heading even lower.

and for those that decides to buy around 37, then set your stop to even if it does climb back to 39

time to wait for another signal
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    bmw m3

oil isnt going anywhere but down.
    On the bright side maybe house prices will come down huge so I can offset my losses.

Best scenario: buy HOU sell when you make a small % profit they buy
    HOD... sell HOD then buy HOU with the next fluctuation and so on...

Is that what you guys are all doing? Do you think its a good time for a new guy to jump in at 6.31

My Ride
    bmw m3

Cant say we thought this morning was a good time to jump in and look what happened.

My Ride
    NC1

sm91, yeah in theory it's that simple, jump back and forth from HOU and HOD. But I suggest you stay away unless you can stomach the fluctuations.

Fuck man, I knew oil was going to test $30's this quarter but why the hell does it have to do it on the day I decide to buy HOU? I swear to god there are market forces out to get me!

lmao

Hoping for a late late late rally here.

I am user #49

Yeah, I'm a little surprised about HOU today. Timing does not bode well with the rollover and ... we start trading oil in the low to mid 40's, and if it drops again to 38's and well, we're all super fucked with how much money we'd lose in that scenario. Though that does seem like what will happen.

I lost $4600+ today on HOU. Wiped all my other good trades away in just a couple of hours.

Originally posted by max_boost
    hoping for a late late late rally here.
    That won't happen. Once oil settles for the day, it very rarely moves much at all up to market close. It settled at $37.55 and is currently at $37.93 which is actually a fairly big swing after a settle.

In any case, I think we're all fucked on HOU.

My Ride
    bmw m3

Did you sell z-fan?

My Ride
    '05 CM56

Z_Fan did you sell and take the loss already? If so I think I'll feel better about tomorrow lol...sorry for your loss

sm91, my advice is the same as everyone else, don't do it if you can't imagine losing it all in half an hour. If it was as simple as you put it we'd all be rich like max_boost rolling in AMG SLKs

My Ride
    '05 CM56

tomorrow it'll be 50/50 on March & April for HOU, so let's all hope for a miracle on April...although it's not very optimistic at all right now

My Ride
    NC1

I'm going to be selling a portion of my HOU so that should help you guys tomorrow.

Fuck HOU!

I'm only trading HOD from now on. Economy is getting worse. Treasury Tim gets a from pretty much everyone. Oil has nowhere to go but down. 15% contango.

Fuck HOU!

I am user #49

My Ride
    '05 CM56

c'mon max, sell them all, help out the little guys

My Ride
    bmw m3

hou 5,4,3,2 reverse split

My Ride
    '05 CM56

March @ 37.98 , April 44.09 , HOU 6.33 close -->54,754,642 volume

Hope for the best with the Asians, they're our only hope now to pull it up after-hours

My Ride
    '05 CM56

Originally posted by civic_rida
    hou 5,4,3,2 reverse split
    that would be the end, just ask the guys who held it last time they did the reverse split

I'm going to see where things go tomorrow before I bother doing anything. The money is already gone IMO. So, basically just have to see where it takes us tomorrow. I have a magic number, and if it gets even close to that, I will probably BAIL on HOU and never look back at it.

If the oil prices want to stay the same month after month, always winding up at around $38-$39, then HOU will continue to trend downwards by a chunk every single month. Which is why it is a real losing stock...and HOD will trend higher and higher.

54M trades today is TRIPLE the number available shares. So, that means that HOU is massively being daytraded. Not many people are holding it for very long, everyone trying to react or guess as to what the market is going to do. A big game of hot potato and no one wants to be stuck holding too many shares at any given time.

Honestly, I can't see oil hitting $35 tomorrow. I'm not surprised it hit $38 today, but dipping in to the $37's was alarming. In any case, hopefully HOU will rebound tomorrow. At some point, you have to pull the pin and cut your losses. I'm just trying to decide where that is for me.

I was out for most of the day today and it cost me big time. I'd likely have already pulled the plug on HOU. Again, not setting a stop loss = EPIC FAIL and ties me in to holding shit for even longer in desperate hopes that it recovers. A dangerous game to play that has cost me tens of thousands of dollars in the past.

Be careful. Protect your ass. It's better to lose $5k than $25k. So, don't be afraid to pull the rip cord if shit is looking overly gloomy.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by DarthHonda
    tomorrow it'll be 50/50 on March & April for HOU, so let's all hope for a miracle on April...although it's not very optimistic at all right now
    The two will continue to move in line with each other. It's not looking good at all. SilverRex can attest that the key support area has been broken. Combine that with the surrounding negative sentiment, the skepticism of Treasury Tim's plans, other than OPEC coming out and saying they'll cut 10 million barrels of oil or another stir up in the Middle East, I can see the March futures selling off and re-testing its previous lows. As the March contract tanks, April will most likely follow suit. The contango could get even wider when contract expiry rolls around next Friday.

I sold off half of my HOU today. Basically par what I made earlier this morning. As for tomorrow, I'm hoping oil bounces back so I can get out and switch to HOD and sell that shortly after the inventory report. Oil inventory report is released at 8:30am.

HOU is setting new lows and HOD is setting new highs. Trade with caution.

As for the general markets, I see it continue to sell off. It works out nicely for me. +10% on HSD and +5% on HXD today but it's the HOU/HOD which has me all
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost

The two will continue to move in line with each other. It's not looking good at all. SilverRex can attest that the key support area has been broken. Combine that with the surrounding negative sentiment, the skepticism of Treasury Tim's plans, other than OPEC coming out and saying they'll cut 10 million barrels of oil or another stir up in the Middle East, I can see the March futures selling off and re-testing its previous lows. As the March contract tanks, April will most likely follow suit. The contango could get even wider when contract expiry rolls around next Friday.

I sold off half of my HOU today. Basically par what I made earlier this morning. As for tomorrow, I'm hoping oil bounces back so I can get out and switch to HOD and sell that shortly after the inventory report. Oil inventory report is released at 8:30am.

HOU is setting new lows and HOD is setting new highs. Trade with caution.

As for the general markets, I see it continue to sell off. It works out nicely for me. +10% on HSD and +5% on HXD today but it's the HOU/HOD which has me all
    hope so. bought 10000 shares of hou today. hoping to dump em tomorrow for whatever profit i can get if any.

What did you get in to HOU at Aklalani?

That's a lot of shares. Do you still have some of your original shares?

Page 509 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 499 508 509 510 519 ... LastLast