Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1699 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1699 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1689 1698 1699 1700 1709 ... LastLast
Results 33,961 to 33,980 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I usually rate myself reasonably highly on the "financial knowledge" scale, but I understood less than 25% of that. Guess I'll stick to basic shit like buying stock in companies I want to own and leave the rest to y'all.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I usually rate myself reasonably highly on the "financial knowledge" scale, but I understood less than 25% of that. Guess I'll stick to basic shit like buying stock in companies I want to own and leave the rest to y'all.
    That’s not have you get tendies bro!!!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I also don't know what tendies are. Is that some kinda Instagram thing? Fuck I am old.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

I'm with ExtraSlow lol I'll just stick to the basics and only risk what I have. You guys talking all advanced level Billions lingo.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Dont worry. The 25% of it is probably the only part that makes sense.

My Ride

Allow my autism to contribute by translating 1 month old options trader wallstreet bro here.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    He had written contracts, aka sold them. This is some lvl 3 options shit, this requires margin.
    Levels 1 to 4 are option approval levels granted to you. Higher levels = Riskier contracts.

Name:  aaaa.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  39.4 KB

When you buy a contract, your risk is the losing the premium that you paid for it. When you sell (write) a contract, your risk could be the entire market value of the option (if selling a call) or theoretically unlimited (if selling a put). If you are buying, you are in a "long" position. If you are selling, you are in a "short" position. As you can see, you are allowed to write Covered Calls in Level 1. This is "safer" because you already own the stocks that you writing calls on. As you lose money on the call options, you gain on the underlying stocks that you own (it's not 1:1 but I need to clean more Haskayne toilets to get into that).

no 0DTE buying, and if you write contracts you must also buy the opposite contract (ie put vs call) you cannot exit the written contracts till you sell the covered buy... so no naked sells... naked sell on margin is when you can get a deep fucking.
    0 Day To Expiry (DTE) are options that have an expiry date of less than one day. If you are long, you are buying bargain basement contracts hoping that the prices jump significantly in the trading session. If you are short, you are betting that doesn't happen and want to make a few extra dollars. Both valid strategies if you know what you are doing.

"Naked sells" means you are writing a contract without an offsetting position to limit your losses (ie. opposite of the Covered Call scenario above). Naked sell on margin...isn't the leverage that you are probably thinking. Every time you write an option, you are required to post margin (or collateral). This is a percentage of your position. If your position worsens to a certain point, you could get a "margin call" - basically the broker wants you to put more cash in your account against potential losses. Many brokers don't do that anymore and just sell your position when you are at the margin call level.

"Deep fucking" to me is when my bidet sprays right into the bullseye. Wallstreet bros have a much deeper interpretation.

Robin Hood since this has said they will restrict people from higher levels till proof of education, which is good
    Education means little in trading. That's why you have Wallstreet bros spouting nonsense lining up to lick the nut sack of the one teenager who turned 300 into 9999999999 tendies overnight. Do you even CFA/FRM/CCCP, bro?

This also probably doesn’t effect many people in Canada as most will be using a registered account, which is cash
    Registered account in Canada refers to TFSA, RRSP, LIRA, etc. You could write options in some accounts, but CRA will "deep fucking" you if you make too many transactions as those are supposed to be "savings and investment" accounts rather than "trading" accounts.

iron condors, which means no way to beat those damn broomsticks on witching weeks
    Iron Condor is a trading strategy composed of two spreads (4 options) with the payoff diagram looking like a bird.

Name:  iron-condor.gif
Views: 193
Size:  3.9 KB

"Witching weeks" means days where you have the regular options expiry dates lineup for multiple exchanges. Yesterday was a "quadruple witching" where you have a gangbang of options expiry dates. Volatility and volume tends to be higher on those dates. However, it isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be if you already have a good strategy.

strangle broken even after taking a pounding on decay Wednesday/Thursday due to that flat fuckening
    "Strangle" is another options strategy where you buy an out of the money (OTM) call and an OTM put because you don't know where the flat fuckening market is headed but think it's going to go somewhere magnificently like the diarrhea out of your asshole. The market has to move enough to cover the premiums that you paid on both options in order for you to make tendies - which is /r/wsb talk for ten dollar bills...or chicken tenders depending who you talk to.

"Decay" is time decay or "Theta". You lose a bit of value of the option as time approaches expiry if you are in a long position.

Basically buddy here didn't know where the market was headed, so he tried to play both sides because of he thought that he was going to get gangbanged by four Hermiones on Friday. So he bought short time to expiry options because long expirations are expensive. Friday came and went without the expected volatility and volume, so he was left holding a "flat fuckening" broomstick dildo as his two options expired worthless.

Hope that was helpful. Now I will return to cleaning skidmarks at the Geology faculty. Dumb jocks...
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 06-20-2020 at 06:28 PM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

You forgot to explain tendies. They’re the most expensive item on the fast food menu, which becomes affordable once you trade stonk options. If you don’t trade options you can usually only afford nuggets.

Hope that helps.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Confirm nugget eater here
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Oh good, I have picked up on the new language sufficiently

I must say a lot has changed since I gave it up after 2015’s “oil is totally going to be a v-recovery” BS... last banger... err... tendie I scored was a gold play during brexit!

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Holly Madison is in. Tendies for the bulls next week

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...on_says_bulls/

My Ride

I better ask my mom for an advance on my allowance so that I can put more 0DTE strangles on.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I better ask my mom for an advance on my allowance so that I can put more 0DTE strangles on.
    I’m not going to let you shame me into being a “responsible” “investor” ... it’s 2020, bullying is wrong mmmmkay

And for the record it was a 3.5 day strangle that went sideways... the 0DTE put did save me though... well would have, sold early... again

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    You forgot to explain tendies.
    I did, but I understand that you have the attention span of poultry from all the tendies you have been eating.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 06-20-2020 at 04:05 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    bullying is wrong mmmmkay
    That's what your brokerage account is trying to tell you.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

You guys actually read posts on this forum?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Only if they have small words in them... I read like I trade

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I didn’t realize anyone on this forum could read...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Allow my autism to contribute by translating 1 month old options trader wallstreet bro here.

I read all that but I didn't understand very much lol but it was funny. The_Rural_Juror has much to be proud of. What a gem of a poster.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I wish suntan would just start posting from his primary account again... or is suntan his alt account???

My Ride
    V8s

I love this thread. Like every 6 months another wannabe finance hardo comes out of the woodwork. They never seem to last though; I assume it's because they all become too wealthy to waste time posting here, and are spending all their time partying with Dan Bilzerian.

Page 1699 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1689 1698 1699 1700 1709 ... LastLast