Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1508 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1508 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1498 1507 1508 1509 1518 ... LastLast
Results 30,141 to 30,160 of 35560

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by SilverRex
    I was eyeing NDM.to for the last few weeks, every since it popped (breakout signal) from 1-1.39, I nearly pulled the trigger to buy when it dropped back to 1.00 (as low as 0.93)

then this week it jumped over 2

anyways opening a very small position at 1.66, will continue to scale in if she drops further
    looks like my late position is still yielding fruit. with ndm.to first out of the gate. up 45% so far.

update. with gold havent confirm a new cycle yet, i am going to take my profit at 2.50 to free up some cash. exactly 50% gain, cant be too greedy
    Last edited by SilverRex; 12-08-2016 at 01:30 PM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

So when VB transferred my account, they did it without notifying me, updating their computer systems, or removing access to my account until later.

One morning I sold a bunch of stuff in my TFSA account prepping for the move. I get a call later that day saying the transfer is initiated, and logging in see all of my account info gone, as expected.

I then get a call today telling me I have open short positions in my TFSA I have to cover. WTF!?

So apparently they had already transferred my account that morning (I suspect they just put what they'd be transferring on a piece of paper) and when I made those sales, I was selling positions I no longer held, because they were en route to Questrade.

So now I am short a bunch of stuff, and they waited until today to cover it, after it had all gone up a bunch.

It's not even allowed to short in a TFSA. What an awful company. They won't own any part of the responsibility for the situation either.

My Ride
    X5

Originally posted by bspot
    So when VB transferred my account, they did it without notifying me, updating their computer systems, or removing access to my account until later.

One morning I sold a bunch of stuff in my TFSA account prepping for the move. I get a call later that day saying the transfer is initiated, and logging in see all of my account info gone, as expected.

I then get a call today telling me I have open short positions in my TFSA I have to cover. WTF!?

So apparently they had already transferred my account that morning (I suspect they just put what they'd be transferring on a piece of paper) and when I made those sales, I was selling positions I no longer held, because they were en route to Questrade.

So now I am short a bunch of stuff, and they waited until today to cover it, after it had all gone up a bunch.

It's not even allowed to short in a TFSA. What an awful company. They won't own any part of the responsibility for the situation either.

Shit man, sorry to hear that. I know your pain, was with VB for a while and they are absolute shit. Moved to Questrade earlier this year and haven't looked back.

My Ride
    WRX 265

Originally posted by Marsh

Shit man, sorry to hear that. I know your pain, was with VB for a while and they are absolute shit. Moved to Questrade earlier this year and haven't looked back.
    But you still "own" the shares in your new TFSA as they transferred in-kind? Transfer the "short" positions from VB to Questrade to offset?

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Can't find EMC on TD webbroker, either under stocks, new issues or options. EMC.TO as well.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

^ They're aren't going till Monday now... 2nd time they did this, sketch

My Ride
    a tank

biotech looking good. if xbi can break above 65 that would be a pretty good indication that the bottom is sealed or without breaking below 61.50
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by KO22
    ^ They're aren't going till Monday now... 2nd time they did this, sketch
    Yeah, it's very strange, but I am not surprised.
    They did an AMA on Reddit yesterday afternoon, and no mention of that whatsoever. Then later that evening, the news hit unofficially and was confirmed by Danny shortly after.

It makes sense that they wouldn't want to debut on a Friday, but what doesn't make sense is waiting up until the last minute to alert everyone. There must be more to the story but I know a lot of people are upset over it, particularly those in the US who purposely missed out on other opportunities to have settled funds available.

Based on Danny's message, he said "hopefully Monday". So don't be surprised for another delay.

On a side note, I am not touching CRZ with a 10 ft pole for multiple reasons. It's a Canadian ticker but for US assets for MJ, very low volume so far, and the starting price came in pretty high and steadily declining.

My Ride
    a tank

well ndm.to is on fire after hitting 2.7 at the open, it has falling (profit taking) back down under 2.30, I may re enter if it goes a bit lower.

so with ndm out of the gate first, whos next?

USA.to seems like it has some traction...
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Honda Accord

So what happens if you're still holding UWTI or DWTI right now?

Edit: guess I'm just waiting until I can sell OTC
    Last edited by bball2; 12-09-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    Go Flames!

My Ride
    a tank

if 60.50 was the bottom of this correction in biotech, I would like to see 5 waves up (currently only 3 waves up) then another wave 2 correction back to current areas then taking off.

breaking above 64.5 is another sign the bottom may be in.

if biotech breaks under 61.5 without making a 5th wave up, then we could still be looking at lower prices with the 58 areas still on the table

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by troyl

But you still "own" the shares in your new TFSA as they transferred in-kind? Transfer the "short" positions from VB to Questrade to offset?
    Yup, the problem being they covered the short positions at basically their max price over the last few days, and now that I'm able to trade again in the new account (today) everything is down.

SilverRex, the stuff I'm on the hook for is miners. Any hope in the next few days, or should I bail and take the small loss now?

I was really happy with my exit point, and since I didn't expect to be holding these, I don't really have a great plan currently.

My Ride
    a tank

Yup, the problem being they covered the short positions at basically their max price over the last few days, and now that I'm able to trade again in the new account (today) everything is down.

SilverRex, the stuff I'm on the hook for is miners. Any hope in the next few days, or should I bail and take the small loss now?

I was really happy with my exit point, and since I didn't expect to be holding these, I don't really have a great plan currently.
    its your call, I do not know what your risk tolerances are. I am going to be buying all the way down from here until FOMC next week.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

^My risk tolerance is rather large. I'm just in HGU, so only 2x leverage. This is way less scary than JNUG 30 -> 12

My Ride
    a tank

My limit order kicked in, added my 2nd Jnug position at 6.55
    got back into ndm.to at 2.29
    Last edited by SilverRex; 12-09-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

^My risk tolerance is rather large. I'm just in HGU, so only 2x leverage. This is way less scary than JNUG 30 -> 12
    if miners follow the same pattern as last year. then we should see one undercut low soon.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I haven't paid attention to miners for a bit, but Silver, what is your logic in regards to your bull miners play? Are you planning on unloading your JNUG positions for a quick profit or riding through FOMC?

Up until the Feds meetings, don't you expect it to keep going down with the high expectation of a rate hike? So wouldn't it make more sense to buy in the day of or a bit after when the selloff occurs from short term panic?

Just wanted some perspective and what your opinion is.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Disoblige
    I haven't paid attention to miners for a bit, but Silver, what is your logic in regards to your bull miners play? Are you planning on unloading your JNUG positions for a quick profit or riding through FOMC?

Up until the Feds meetings, don't you expect it to keep going down with the high expectation of a rate hike? So wouldn't it make more sense to buy in the day of or a bit after when the selloff occurs from short term panic?

Just wanted some perspective and what your opinion is.
    i thought you were asking about silver prices. count wise silver may not make a new low even if gold does. it would appear silver may have bottom potentially considering it has been relatively strong lately.

My own personal strategy is to simply convert more core positions into leverage the lower she goes from here on out. I am already quite fully invested about 80% of my portfolio is in the gold sector. but currently only 8% is in leverage play.

if there is a lower low, personally I believe we will only see a false breakdown follow by quick recovery. However, keep in mind the worse case scenario - we could see gdxj down to the 30 area which was one of the original bearish EW forecast. at 30 gdxj that is like jnug at 4-5 dollars.

however I have to refrain myself from adding any more Jnug at this time until it drops substantially. simply put, any more downside would trigger more selling and stops being run down.

to me, leverage play has always been more of a short term trade. But I havent decided it it would be best to hold onto one of them considering the sheer magnitude of upside potential if miners somehow was able to claw its way back to a new high.

I may have to wait and see and depends on how my other holdings do.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Sold my put contracts of dgc for a modest 32% gain... rolled that money into rrx calls for what could potentially be a fun Monday for oil... still have dgc calls that I'll probably be holding the bag on at this rate, but fingers crossed dgc can see $24 again before jan expiry

My Ride
    a tank

i am however watching gdx at 20.27 closely. it was the 3rd higher low swing. if this gets taken out, it could create further selling, so I may be tempted to take a swing at this level and light up a few position to see if I can catch a lower re-entry.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1508 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1498 1507 1508 1509 1518 ... LastLast