Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1677 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1677 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1667 1676 1677 1678 1687 ... LastLast
Results 33,521 to 33,540 of 35557

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

GDXJ

was hoping to see gdxj hit the lower range of 38, but I did scale back in at the low near closing yesterday. over all it is possible another abc setup is done. expecting next upside target at 44 if counts remains unchanged.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Nio

still waiting patiently for that drop to low or under 3. Ideally want to get in just under 3.00, the gap in the 2.8x could be nice as well.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

gdxj

So far getting in on Jnug at 76.99 was a good move. I have a 10% cushion. Will use that as my mental stop and see if miners either is close to giving us just a wave 1 of 5 breakout move. If so, then I am still expecting top side target in to hit 44. so using 10% for a chance at 30%

edit: what can you expect on Fed day. extreme volatility. I would have exited if I was watching it but was caught in the meeting. I am revising my short term outlook, and using gold at 1414 as my line in the sand. IF that breaks I will exit my leverage. For the time being, I am revising the miners as possible 5 pt wave E down in progress (or finished)
    edit: exiting my leverage with a small loss. Will wait to buy back pending how far she corrects.

Last edited by SilverRex; 07-31-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gold

last week I sold all my leverage because it wasnt able to follow thru after it had an initial breakout move above 1433. Since it was not able to do this, it also did not turn 1430 into support which has now made the structure corrective in nature. With this a recount would be a leading diagonal.

I will be getting back in to leverage position if gold falls into the blue box. My line in the sand this week will be 1400. anything below would open up the possibility of a good size correction which I want to stay away from. The alt count would be a much larger drawn out wave 4 correction ABC. with 1382 being A, 1452 being B and C back down some where around 1382 or under.

back to the drawing board. sticking to my 1400 gold and silver at 16 being very important levels. Scaling back in Jnug at the open. Will add one more position if correction extends further down. To me I would declare the breakout being dead if gold moves below 1360. For the time being, I believe it remains a buying opportunity.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

What a roller coaster

I bought back Jnug at the open 66.51 today. And talk about 1400 gold being a very important level. It has broken yesterday's pre-fed news high over 1433. I cant help but compare gold to what BTC was doing earlier this year. Running Flats with a higher wave C low being in.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

usa.to

count remains the same to me after hitting dead on the channel line, wave 4 in progress. a bit shallow, if wave 4 low isnt in, we could be looking at a back test of 3 or slight under. Either way heavily dependent on the performance of gold/silver but I do believe wave 5 up to 6 buck remains on the cards.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Bought some ugaz.

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by O&G View Post
    Bought some ugaz.
    Good luck, maybe for a bounce. but when I posted on Natgas a few weeks ago, shortly after it broke a key support 2.31, I got out seeing it being just a corrective move up and new lows was imminent. If you follow NG seasonality charting, it bottoms at the end of Aug. I will also be looking to get back into NG (UGAZ) around that time frame.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    Good luck, maybe for a bounce. but when I posted on Natgas a few weeks ago, shortly after it broke a key support 2.31, I got out seeing it being just a corrective move up and new lows was imminent. If you follow NG seasonality charting, it bottoms at the end of Aug. I will also be looking to get back into NG (UGAZ) around that time frame.
    I usually dont hold long - try for intraday and usually on large drops. Example bought today at open when down 13% just sold now for 800 usd gain.

My Ride
    a tank

Gold

gold has finally reached or about to reach my major target in the 1480-1520 range. I will be taking profit this morning up over 50% from last week's low . I expect a good pull back once a top has been found and will be looking to buy back again.
    edit: sold Jnug 102. this has been very rewarding since the run started in May. Gained nearly 200% from my original position. I swing trade Jnug, and still have my other core positions in usa.to, mux.to, silj, which are all well in the green.

NIO
    it has also hit my buy zone this week and took a position under <3
    Last edited by SilverRex; 08-07-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

usa.to

Sold my usa.to holding on friday just under 5.00, with a daily reversal hammer, I am going to take a chance that at least a very short term top is in. This entire breakout since consolidating thru out the first part of the year has been nothing but text book EW. While my current blue count is to expect a good pull back into the blue box to re-buy (remember corrections often goes back to the previous wave 3/4 range), if gold/silver keeps on tugging higher, this stock can still push higher in either a wave 5 extension or we have had an extended wave 3, and wave 5 still in progress. Either way, every thing looks quite bullish. Gold may still need to prove it self as it is now in a very interesting spot. Those who saw my gold daily chart a while back prior to the breakout and was still trading under 1375, I mention the bearish scenario. Gold reaching the confluence target and if gold puts in a multi month/year top here 1500-1600 and breaks below 1350. It could suggest we are looking a very large degree counter trend ABC (wave C up now) this will fuel a technical run to back test sub 1k. Those talk about 700 gold will all come back.

But for now I will trade this gold breakout like it's the breakout of the decade. Though I will be scaling back a bit as the risk/reward isnt as attractive as when gold was trading under 1375.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Gold

Well what do you know, I was already watching how PMs were significantly under performing 2 days ago, and surely this morning despite another new high over night, gold was hit very hard. count wise it does look like gold has just completed a near term 5 waves up. Is this an intermediate top? if so, then worse case is to see gold head back down to the blue box to reset sentiment hack even scare everyone away and declare once again gold is dead. As long as 1350 holds, will continue to play any drop as a major buying opportunity.

Last edited by SilverRex; 09-05-2019 at 07:33 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Nio

so after what feels like eternity price has finally reached my buy zone. It even hit the gap perfectly at 2.85. Now we wait and see for it to show it's hand. I have one position as a beer money trade.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Thoughts on buying Boeing now? Holding for ~1-2 years or longer?
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Thoughts on buying Boeing now? Holding for ~1-2 years or longer?
    I already made my money long ago on that one. But it does look like it's in a good spot right now. They're down around 80$/share from prior to Max8 issues. It should only be a matter of time before it returns at least half of that. And it does pay a dividend in the mean time. I don't know what sort of return you'd be hoping for? Personally I'd be looking for about 40$/share before I sold it again if I were to buy today. And that's only like a 12% return, which isn't terrible. It's just a question of how long you'll have to wait. If I knew I could turn that over in the next month I'd go for it. With the risk of having to hold it for a year, I'd be looking for better opportunities. A year is a long time to tie up capital.

My Ride
    a tank

Nio

added another small position on Nio with this dip

Weed stocks

all the latest bad earning is killing the sector, with the SM in correction mode, that does not help it either. the bottoming pattern from a few stock I track has now technically broken down. I have since exited all the speculative position amid they are quite small, I still dont want to hold them. Will wait and see how low the sector goes. and perhaps buy at an even greater discount.

NBEV

Still waiting for much lower prices. next major target is around 2.8. hopefully with the week MJ sector it can push this down further under 3 so I can begin scaling back in.

Usa.to

bought back half my position at 4.3, feeling a bit naked after letting go most of my gold/pm positions. Will add the other half if usa.to can complete the correction and hit the 3.5-3.8 area.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

gdxj

while i am waiting for a good decent size pull back in the gold/pm sectors. my bullish hat calls for a chance pm may not be done here. there is a triple confluence of support just around 39 and we are abut to test that area. I may pick up a position with a tight stop to see if this becomes a reality.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Gold

those still thinking gold can make a higher high before a real top gets in, then I suspect gold is in a final wave 4 of 5 consolidation. Either has already been completed back on the 13th or a 5 pt wave 4 (flag) bouncing around until one last thrust. if wave 1 was about 50, I will only expect the final top to land some where between 1550-1570.

even if gold has already topped during the sharp down move on the 13th was wave 1 down. given the slow rise after was 5 waves imo, I suspect at least a false breakout from this consolidation for another bull trap. So the confluence target for both long and shorts will be around 1528

gdxj, while it went under my 39 target, if you switch to gdx which is actually the main chart to follow, the same triple support area held beautifully. I will be using that as my mental stop, a lower low from here means I will have to abandon my (one more high) count and just wait for a much lower price.

I have bought back all my usa.to this week as well Jnug near the close yesterday.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

while im in the green, both GDXJ/GDX has now moved in a 3 wave (ABC) up off the low. I will be using the wave A top as my mental stop. If she breaks, I will exit my position. that is 39.42 on GDXJ and 28.38 for GDX

edit: exited my Jnug without any loss due to technical breach of prior wave A top unable to turn into support. The fed speech tomorrow will definitely move markets and can be a crap shoot. gold/pms looks quite weak. I will take my chances to buy lower if such opportunity presents itself tomorrow

edit: no gap down this morning on miners which was my fear for exiting yesterday. silver looks bullish. getting back into Jnug. will watch this carefully in case it turns south and bail
    Last edited by SilverRex; 08-23-2019 at 08:26 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Doing pretty well with $SHOP. I think there's more long term potential so I don't plan on scaling back and taking profits quite yet but if it dips, I may increase my position.

Their fulfillment network looks to be promising thus far and should allow users to build their brands even more.

Page 1677 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1667 1676 1677 1678 1687 ... LastLast