Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1703 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1703 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1693 1702 1703 1704 1713 ... LastLast
Results 34,041 to 34,060 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha thanks, this is pretty fucking wild. $14.40 now.

Anybody else jump in on SONA after the validation? Would have doubled your money. Still lots of upside. Billion dollar market cap approaching.
    I might eye an entry soon if I can get a dip. Maybe if there is a profit taking session tomorrow morning or before close in the afternoon after the huge jump today. If not, then I don't mind missing the boat.

Northern Dynasty Minerals looking like a play for Friday. Final environmental impact statement was just released for there project in Alaska.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I might eye an entry soon if I can get a dip. Maybe if there is a profit taking session tomorrow morning or before close in the afternoon after the huge jump today. If not, then I don't mind missing the boat.
    There is usually a stop loss raid almost everyday where it dips sharply for a very short amount of time. Low float makes it move quick.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    I didn't get in. Have a relative who suggested I do a few weeks ago (after you mentioned it) they claim to have made 6 figures back when it was in the 8's. Should prob call them up now...hahahahaah. Fak

How far are you riding this Rocket? Have heard $25 is very attainable.
    My original target was a $10 sell. Then it was $15. Then $20. Now I dunno. I sold a tiny bit in the mid 6's just to cover my original investment, similar to what I did with MIR.

Fuck, I'm hoping for $100 on SONA! lol
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Damn! THRM went nuts this morning! I did a quick day trade for a little profit. In and out. No idea where that one is going. Haven't done enough DD on it to know anything substantial.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Beebs you still riding MIR?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Beebs you still riding MIR?
    I'm still in. Still sitting pretty with most of my shares at 0.098 cents. Isn't doing very much except a slow bleed. Needs that FDA and they seem to be dragging their ass. Currently reminds me of my early days with SONA... watching it slowly bleed for weeks with hope fading.

Would be nice to see it hit $1.50. I have read some others have targets of $4 to $5.... I dunno about that. But hey, I thought the same way about SONA.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    Quick question for the Beyond investors. I follow a local guy on instagram that has been posting religiously since January about his forex exploits. In that time, he has taken $10k USD and turned it into $500k USD. How replicable is that? Is that even possible? Whenever i hear forex trader i always default to scam, as many of these guys lure others in to follow them and then sell them their secret.
    I dont really trade but you need to look at it from an ROI (Return on investment) perspective, I think something to aim for is like 10-15% but from the day traders that I've known it should be like 8-10% over a large sample of trades

But yah markets evolve (like now is a perfect example) where people are out of work but the FED will do everything in their power to keep them afloat by stimulation and injecting funds into it, even though the markets should crash it won't until you FED stops (My opinion I think they are over-valued but this is my opinion)

Bear markets and bull markets are a thing and those are trend changes and we need to be able to see them and see what caused it and why it's not changing, it takes a lot of research/learning to be a good trader + discipline. If you don't have discipline it doesn't matter how educated you are you will fail (Just like poker)

I wouldn't say "Stressful" because that definition can be different for everyone, if you buy a lottery ticket for $5 vs $500 stress levels to winning/breaking even will be much different depending on your money not invested (BRM) . but you need to stop thinking about the "OMFG I LOST $1,000 or $100,000" and ask yourself if the trade was +EV (Expected value) in the long-term.

Explained: https://www.thebalance.com/10-percen...rading-4077743

We also need to use bankroll managment when trading so you will not be yolo'ing 100% of the 10k investment at the start but more rules to follow are 1-2% AFAIK

This would mean that the person with 10k capital shouldn't be using the same sizing on his positions as if he has $500,000

It's clearly possible but very unlikely, it's a hard way to make easy money (my opinion) just like poker.

You are not going to be winning 90% of your trades but closer to 60% of trades.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    fX/cfd/fd/any other highly leveraged trading... I like to think of it like professional poker... @Kobe can do it, no one else can

I’d say the biggest thing is that most people start to get an ego when it’s working, then something in the market shifts and the old strategy doesn’t work, you think “oh, well it’s going to change back any day now” ...it doesn’t, you start dumping more and more of your “bankroll” into trades and eventually you lose it all.

Takes incredible discipline to maintain long term gains, very stressful shit especially once it starts turning into real money
    Yah ego plays a HUGE role in it, if you get a few good trades and make X amount then you start to leverage more or stop using the rules you are given to follow for bankroll managment and it will cause problems, we need to look at it more from an ROI perspective.

On the other side I think one of the problems of most traders is they try to chase losses just like in poker.

You need to follow rules or you will get killed by the market like the other 90% of traders get killed, if someone is not telling you the times they lost trades they are lying to you.

There comes a point when you don't value (Might be the wrong word) and do not try to chase losses at all but it's something everyone needs to learn to do.

I've read psychology books on "tilt" for poker and I know many guys have mental coaches and I'm sure there is psychology books for trading I'd highly recommend any of them.

It's funny because even pro golfers like Tiger woods have psychology coaches or any pro athlete for that matter, when you have the pressure to make an important golf shot or hockey shot/basketball/baseball etc you need to learn to control your emotions, it's a lot harder to do than say.

EDIT: I'm not a financial advisor nor a day trader but the same rules apply to both poker and trading and I do realize and respect and follow those rules 100%
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

+rep for you sir

My Ride
    NC1

So much of it comes down to discipline. Can you stick to the plan or not as it pertains to your risk tolerance and goals.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Th potential upside of Bitfarms (BITF.V) looks appealing... What do you guys think?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Sona just got short attacked bad. There was the buy-in opportunity.... may continue tomorrow.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Sona just got short attacked bad. There was the buy-in opportunity.... may continue tomorrow.
    I'm going for position for 9.95, then bigger one at 8.90. If I miss out, whatever.

My Ride
    95B

KODK stock is on fire. If anyone wants to make a quick buck.
    Trading has been halted already 6th time for the day because of volatility

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Holy shit!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

400% in a day. Nice lol. I know someone who played it pre-market from $13 to $14ish. He was so happy just to make a quick $1/share gain.
    He is quite shocked right now, and kinda mad.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Did my first real options trading this week. I had done some in the past using the practice account but always went with calls.

This time, I did Puts on Dow Inc. 073120 42 P. Bought on Monday.

Sold for 335% profit this morning. Anticipated it hitting $42 today given the economic news.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    400% in a day. Nice lol. I know someone who played it pre-market from $13 to $14ish. He was so happy just to make a quick $1/share gain.
    He is quite shocked right now, and kinda mad.
    Who knows what will happen today with that stock but I bet some folks will absolutely lose their shirts today pray-investing for a repeat.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

PRPO, oh my lanta- started at $1.50, I bought in at $4.15 and sold at $6.50.... today has been wild.
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    Family Hauler

@16hype Why did you buy though? Did you just get lucky the economic report was bad?

Page 1703 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1693 1702 1703 1704 1713 ... LastLast