Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 831 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 831 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 821 830 831 832 841 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,620 of 35560

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

^ Nah, I'm not worried about it at all. No stop.

What's strange is the gas price I'm looking at is up $.10 so I'm not sure why HNU is dropping at all...it should be up.

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    ^ Nah, I'm not worried about it at all. No stop.

What's strange is the gas price I'm looking at is up $.10 so I'm not sure why HNU is dropping at all...it should be up.
    well you looking at the august contract and it was higher before.... it's moving on up now

still holding HOD ??

oil seems range bound all day, since the asian market opened last night....

not sure to hold or sell... and jump into HOU
    Last edited by Dinan; 08-24-2009 at 12:21 PM.

have you guys been reading about the swineflu ???

i hear it's getting worse, and it should get even more this fall, specially in asia...

can't be good for oil, for the market in general .....

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

i bought a small position 900 shares HNU at 2.92. hope to sell within this week. I am worry about the Nov contract.
    Insurance Pro

Originally posted by guessboi
    i bought a small position 900 shares HNU at 2.92. hope to sell within this week. I am worry about the Nov contract.
    yeah, huge gap from october... but we got 3 weeks till hnu rolls over to november....

is this your first average down since the 5's ??

crazy volume on HNU today...
    Last edited by Dinan; 08-24-2009 at 12:39 PM.

My Ride
    07 997TT

look at silver tank .... BAM. should've unloaded the bank at $18 this morning.

one more drop tommorrow and i will look to sell half my position if not all.

i'm really tempted to buy HND. I know you guys are all on HNU but it could very well be back in the $17's tomorrow.

Did one of you Ontario guys call into BNN this morning asking about HNU ?

so the markets are selling off, not sure if NG will fallow, cause when they rally NG doesn't, debating if i should take out 500 shares that i bought the other day at 3.25 with a small loss...

My Ride
    07 997TT

Probably Dinan .... Btw SR and BNN Dinan keeps them on their toes.

In HOD at 10.50. Stop loss at $75.26.

HND...going to leave for now. I see lots of potential but also see a disaster waiting to happen without tight stops.

Originally posted by cosmok
    Did one of you Ontario guys call into BNN this morning asking about HNU ?
    hahahaha, not me, i hear ppl calling about NG every day.... lol and everyone says not to buy!

Any HGD holders going to hedge HGU here?

i found a US fund that shorts silver.... ZSL

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Originally posted by Dinan

yeah, huge gap from october... but we got 3 weeks till hnu rolls over to november....

is this your first average down since the 5's ??

crazy volume on HNU today...
    I bought some around 4.45 and sold at 5.4 and made a decent gain during the last rally. My mid 5s is my only position with HNU before this one.
    Insurance Pro

Natural gas closed higher due to short covering on Monday as it consolidated some of this month's decline. The high range close sets the stage for a steady to higher opening on Tuesday. Stochastics and the RSI are oversold but remain neutral to bearish signaling that sideways to lower prices are possible near term.

like i said!

My Ride
    a tank

ok yesterday not much technical breakouts on either side, while as I suggested if oil did not break below the day's low at 73.57 it would only go higher, which it did however it is also lacking the momentum to push further.

this morning all chart including gold, oil and euro are pointing up.

again similar play, if oil does not break the new demand trend line as shown in red, then expect momentum to hold oil up and push it higher, but top side imo could be limited as well, as clearly in the last few weeks oil has been capped with the blue up trendline that was broken awhile back and is becoming a resistance overhead every time it touches it, there fore even if oil was to make new high expect it to find touble in the 75.50-76 range.

so my expectation, any up move will be either short lived or capped, but a break below the red up trend line should increase selling pressure to the next EMA support at 73 and 72. until oil breaks down further and below 70, the short term picture for oil remains up but over time once it finds a top, the long term trend would be down.

now looking at the dollar while I expected it to recover a bit which it did, it did not do anything of significance, now that it has broken a nearby demand trend line in red (up) the selling has resume once again. it will be interesting how it reacts to its nearest support at around 77.80 (77.686 important weekly support number) if this level gives away we will most likely headed to test 77.44 which is critical in holding the dollar in check, any break down below this would stretch out much further rally than anticipated across most other sectors. But of course until it does, I continue to view the current movement in the dollar as a higher lengthier correction. what I would wanted to see to end dollar's question mark is to have it rise above 78.50 to confirm this until then Swing points could be had at these critical support with tight stop, and so far we're getting some reward out of a swing trade like gold/silver as I'll talk about it next.

so gold came down as I Expected, I gave the target between 937-945 and it dropped to about 939, so pretty darn close. however depending on what platform your using my forex actually dipped to 935. no matter the bias was down and said after it retraces, it would rally off what ever bottom it found. and so far gold did exactly like that and has since rallied from about near 939 to 950 this morning. but how much further can it go? there are so many resistance overhead, first level resistance I will put it at the up trend line that price broken and eventually re-close below, price could be retesting this level at about 953 and turn around for I know. there fore I expect initial wall to be at 953-957 would be a good place to attampt a swing trade with stop loss, any level higher would cause a retest into the 961-967 area, I do not expect massive up moves, therefore if the 950 area swing trade short fails I will wait for 961-967 for a 2nd short attampt. and right now technically unless gold breaks above 971, I am not concern about the bearish outlook it has.

now I wanted to look at silver, silver was kept inside a very large degree trend channel downward, and now that price at its 61% fibo level held up nicely, silver will be met and will soon break out either side. you can attampt to short sell at the down trend channel as a resistance near 14.35 but if it breaks out, then I would caution waiting on the side line for higher silver before jumping in. however if silver breaks down below that up trend line, this could quickly end silver's rise and we may have an early drop so signal would be break out on other side and a good swing trade attampt near 14.35

Last edited by SilverRex; 08-25-2009 at 06:41 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

^Seems like 953 held, did you add to your HGD position at all?

Edit: Oil just took off
    Last edited by cosmok; 08-25-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Originally posted by cosmok
    ^Seems like 953 held, did you add to your HGD position at all?

Edit: Oil just took off
    Consumer Confidence - Level 46.0 to 51.0 actual-54.1

My Ride
    a tank

^ wait thats positive isnt it?
    Last edited by SilverRex; 08-25-2009 at 08:11 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Anyone buying HGD this morning?

Originally posted by SilverRex
    ^ wait thats positive isnt it?
    guess that bad for gold/silver ...

Page 831 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 821 830 831 832 841 ... LastLast