Quantcast
Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1603 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1603 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1593 1602 1603 1604 1613 ... LastLast
Results 32,041 to 32,060 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the low for acb today was 6.1 and just closed at 8.00 riding that mj train haha
    wow was I ever sleeping at the wheel. i was watching it at various points today but only noticed it was down at 6.75 and then up to 7.25... i totally missed its spikes at opening and close. After a few red days for everything i watch pretty much everything today was green.

My Ride
    a tank

fcx

took a position near the close yesterday. every since fcx managed to close back above 14.00, it feels like 13.23 may have been the bottom. let see if fcx can finally make some clear moves after 3 months of consolidation.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    BTE

big picture count.

it had a bullish Ro4 breakout (4th try), has a clear 5 waves up for major 1 follow by 3 waves down for major 2. I expect BTE to challege way above 7.00 of the course of 1-2 years with double digit.

for those asking about energy shares bte or even meg. the big picture hasnt changed. I think a significant bottom is in and the action today appears wave 3 of 3 of i is underway
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

with the way oil and bte are moving and now seeing Pony taking out the 3.1 resistance. it is hard to imagine Pony shares would be making a double bottom or lower low. or so I am trying to see a more positive count. meaning the last big move up to 3.8 was indeed wave 1 and the drop to 2.8 is wave 2. which means Pony should now be in a wave 1 of 3 of 1 sequence. if this is the case we should see Pony retesting the previous high of 3.8-4.00 this month and well over 4.00 in Q1 2018
    Last edited by SilverRex; 12-01-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Hive

right now it is right up against the upper wedge line. let see if it can breakout to give the bullish count some life.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

What are you looking to buy HIVE at right now, and how long would you hang on to it?
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by VWEvo View Post
    What are you looking to buy HIVE at right now, and how long would you hang on to it?
    are you asking me? I already have two positions planted. one at 3.37 and one at 3.11. while I am expecting hive to breakout here, this is a key area. a bearish scenario could still force a big turn here and push hive below 3.00. For the bigger picture, Hive needs to not break the low on Nov24 to remain technically healthy. I definitely would not recommend chasing here, normally these area can be a top. It would increase your odds to wait for a breakout then a backtest (back in the current trading range) then again there is also no guarantees price will always back test breakout lines. But it is however very common.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Thanks, I appreciate the insight
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

Any thoughts on Cardinal Energy? (CJ)
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    a tank

it looks like it has a similar charting/pattern as BTE. with a rising oil prices, all energy shares are in a new up cycle.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I really cant see HIVE being all that profitable anymore unless they announce expansion into more farms. At the end of the day all they really have are a bunch of computers 'mining' and a limited cryptocurrency portfolio. IMO it's SP has plateau'ed and along with that short-seller's report is still haunting that stock. I've sold my HIVE and I'd be looking elsewhere for quick growth companies in the blockchain market.

After selling HIVE I put that money into Netcents (NC.CN) which went up 130% in 2 days. BTL.V and LTV.V are good companies as well to look into IMO. I've also put in some money into ID.V which has some great growth potential.

Do your research and your own due diligence.
    Last edited by OTown; 12-01-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    I really cant see HIVE being all that profitable anymore unless they announce expansion into more farms. At the end of the day all they really have are a bunch of computers 'mining' and a limited cryptocurrency portfolio.

IMO I've sold my HIVE and I'd be looking elsewhere for quick growth companies in the blockchain market.

I doubled my Netcents (NC.CN) in a single day, and BTL.V and LTV.V are better investments IMO
    NC has been a crazy ride. Way to volatile for me after two days of trading it.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    NC has been a crazy ride. Way to volatile for me after two days of trading it.
    Its crazy volatile but I've sold my initial investment and am now just watching my profits ride up/down without any risk really. They have some great agreements and their currency market just went online so we will see how it goes next week. I've also updated my above post with a few more details.

my opinion is this wave looks like it'll hit 5.60+ and will happen within the next week or 2 (no guarantees tehre though just my opinion).

what I see for the future of this stock:
    if oil stays in the current price range or above this company is in very good shape. That dividend is sustainable, which alone means we should see a slow creep trend back up to $7+ as a conservative bet. this is a 3-12 month time span i see, likely 6-12.
    They have a potential asset sale in the works which should benefit the stock price. This could affect the price as soon as the q4 report
    If oil creeps back up $10 more we could see this as a double digit stock again and if oil holds high prices for a year + we could see it deep in to the double digits. That's looking 1-2 years+ in advance though

The downsides I see are:
    canadian oil and gas, talk about a pariah to invest in. no ones looking, or wanting to touch canadian energy right now. that could change as fast as you flip a light switch though, or it could last forever.
    oil could tank under $50 again, which puts that dividend in jeopardy.

But imo i think this stock is a pretty safe bet, which is why i bought in to it, on the dip of the last wave. When I bought this stock I said when i sell my mining stock next (shoulda took silverex's advice on that one, it did not do what i figured it would do with one more spike, and trended down like he said it would) i'll likely go in to this and pony a lot bigger and that's still the plan.

Thanks,

I've heard similar sentiment from other investors and I will likely shore up my position in Cardinal as well. I've heard from a couple other guys to get out of Baytex and stick with Cardinal.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    a tank

Bte

right now the main count is wave 3 of 3 in progress, with this bte must not break below 3.17 to maintain the bullish count. failure to break higher and taking out 3.17 below would immediately suggest the correction has not finish and we are in some sort of running flat with 5 waves back down below 3.00

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cj is definitely above average in terms of Canadian oil stocks. Don't see huge upside for the entire sector though.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    gold

quite bearish. any rally was unable to hold, I guess the expectation of a December bottom remains inplay. looking for gold in the low 1200 before looking for better opportunity in this sector. exiting my jnug with a very slight loss. While gold has not broking 1270, the miner equivalent has already did so, and I will use miners as the leading indicator for further weakness

SilverRex, Anymore thoughts on GOLD and what the carnage would look like for a December bottom? Seems like having GOLD weak is just going to drag down a good chunk of my Holdings such as MUX.TO, FCX.TO and Silver is following GOLD close enough which means my USA.TO as well. Hehe...feel like Santa gave me my coal early! : )

My Ride
    a tank

Pony

possible 1-2 setup here. 2.8 must hold to keep this bullish outlook

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Magic8Ball View Post
    SilverRex, Anymore thoughts on GOLD and what the carnage would look like for a December bottom? Seems like having GOLD weak is just going to drag down a good chunk of my Holdings such as MUX.TO, FCX.TO and Silver is following GOLD close enough which means my USA.TO as well. Hehe...feel like Santa gave me my coal early! : )
    well that is the thing about these markets, the timing is usually the hardest to predict. I have mux, usa and fcx too. if you think about it, they arnt moving much when gold was moving much higher so I dont expect them to move too much to the downside either. They have been sold off early and could very well bottom ahead of everyone else which to me would be a good leading indicator that something is up.

everyone will have forgotten the strong commodity bounce in 2016 after a very lack luster year. But those who follow it understand commoidities in 2017 actually held up well, if anything I would say it was flat to slightly up depending on what you are holding. From some of the people that I follow, I am expecting 2018 to be a strong year for commodities as the negative sentiment favors it.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1603 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1593 1602 1603 1604 1613 ... LastLast