Official Short-term Investments Thread - Page 1617 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1617 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1607 1616 1617 1618 1627 ... LastLast
Results 32,321 to 32,340 of 35559

Thread: Official Short-term Investments Thread

My Ride
    a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ACB, APH pretty close to your re-entry targets now.
    ACB was the only one that came down enough to trigger my buy order at 8.99 wanting to get in under 9.00, the other ones were close but since when I Called out the need for a big correction, some went on to a higher high which probably dragged all the averages and support zones higher that is why I reiterated my previous price points but possibly slightly higher. in that sense they met my expectation. WEED from 26 to 29 (it got down to 29.50) and APH from 16 to 17 (it got to 16.6)

we will now see if this is the beginning of another new up leg cycle taking us to higher highs. the action off the low is pretty impulsive.

edit: here is also the thing, price now must not break the low set today or imo that kills the momentum and we may be looking at a major or medium term top which could bring the entire sector down 50% from current levels. I mark this target zone based on what appears to be a prior major wave 3/4 range.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 01-15-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Oil

even with oil completely recovered from last week's sell off, energy share isnt moving the way I like. I am exiting all my energy shares, Pony and bte. I think my funds could be better used in other areas like MJ, crypto or even miners.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Anyone looking to accumulate some HIP? It seems to be one of those that hasn't popped that much due to this whole Cannimed/Aurora BS.

Anyone looking to accumulate some HIP? It seems to be one of those that hasn't popped that much due to this whole Cannimed/Aurora BS.
    Got a bunch from $1.20 that i've just let ride!

I think my definition of 'popped' is different than yours. Define hasn't popped that much?
    Dec 29: $0.56 close
    Jan 9: $2.95 close
    500% gain in 6 trading days isn't a pop?

Much better options out there right now for gains.

My Ride
    a tank

acb

since I got a position at 8.99 during this drop, I will post the general action and how price tends to move. All Elliott wave stuff. 5 waves up and 3 waves down. And cycle working within cycles. Not suggesting this is the exact count but I wanted to show a point. when price completes 5 waves up it tends to correct back to the prior wave 3/4 range all the blue boxes you see here are prior wave 3/4 count from what I can tell. correction can be a 3 wave ABC pattern, generally wave (C) are lower than wave (A) but in December, you can see that it had a running flat meaning wave (C) was higher than wave (A) which is still a correction and tends to be more bullish. so when price was hovering at 14 dollars I wanst going to chase because it was too far from the mean and moving averages, the ideal entries are usually the blue boxes (wave 3/4 range) best is right on the bottom side of the wave 4 and some times even breaking below it slightly.

Now keep in mind, eventually one of these cycles will put in a major top and a much bigger correction will take shape, then you will be looking at going back to an older trading range again. so for starters ACB between 6-8 or even 5-6 which is 50% from current levels.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Since the low was struck in December in this sector, the outlook of my 5 miner is starting to look pretty good.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

This is my current crypto portfolio. While most I have only started the first tranche, some isnt liquid enough for me to be able to count the waves clearly. so I am prepared to add to it shall price drop further. I am mostly heavy on hive and watching this closely, it is at a point where it could move significant in either direction.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

A bit of a side note but does anyone have any idea on why charts and attachments don't show for me? I am always interested to see the counts you post but over the last while, they no longer show up? Maybe it happened when the new platform came out, I don't think I noticed it right away... They don't show on my phone or PC anymore.

To add to the thread, I posted about PD mid December- it's up about 40% - not the gains some of you saw in weed stocks but I'm pretty happy with it.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I think scientific research funded by banks has proven that bitcoin gives you cancer. Also, there are reports that bitcoin are being produced by slave labour of small children doing calculations by hand.. probably causing the drop in crypto

My Ride
    a tank

gold

Gold has finally hit the 1340 area which is the last hurdle before the real breakout begins. breaking above this neckline (red) targets the 1600+. I also expect we are near a 5th wave top. with the action on silver, it does appear metals have topped and a wave 2 correction will now begin. yet I feel, gold can along with miner still push for one higher high (to trap longs, fake breakout) before she really tanks. Either scenario, depending on one's risk tolerance and strategy the general expectation is to see gold move down to the blue box. Once wave 2 comes and goes, wave 3 should be a dandy. The only question is, will wave 2 be a shallow retracement or a steep correction? It can either be shallow because everyone is waiting to get on board, but it will not let you hence forcing people to chase when wave 3 (recognition phase) begins. or it can give us a steep correction to try and scare or throw as many people off as possible only to see it rebound sharply.

I do expect gold to put in a 5th wave top here even if it meant a higher high with a potential to put in a false breakout. Not going to do much with my positions other than to just sit and watch. The only alt count which is possible is to see a 5th wave extension that can take price well above 1380. When this happens, I would not panic and still will not chase, because it will at some point come back to back test the neckline breakout (orange) in the 1340 area giving you another chance to get on board.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride

I'm going to sit and watch too. I have quite a large position in GDXJ in high 32s (averaged up actually), and JNUG in at 14.25. In the past, I would have held a -really- large position which would have forced me to sell for profit due to the risk mitigation. I never had a problem with cutting losses early, but it was mostly holding profits that was the issue. But I've learned to control my trade size and now I'm comfortable holding JNUG even from 14s. My plan was to slowly scale out of gold miners into February but I may hold longer depending on what happens.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 01-16-2018 at 11:23 AM.

My Ride
    a tank

gdx

similar to gold, I want to see at least one more micro 5 waves higher before she tops

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

taking my 10+% profit her on Jnug. will now wait for the wave 2 pull back
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

HS trading at 0.175, which looks like a steal. Decent company and it was just trading at 0.27 a week ago. Will wait to see how this pans out as I took a strong position at this price.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

XMG up 26.5% today! Awesome

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by VWEvo View Post
    HS trading at 0.175, which looks like a steal. Decent company and it was just trading at 0.27 a week ago. Will wait to see how this pans out as I took a strong position at this price.
    I like this a lot more than BLGV after doing some initial research and looking at the news releases.

But what makes you think this is a steal? It hasn't done much in the past couple years and seems to just be riding the coattails of the blockchain & MJ hype. Not sure there is much to gain unless you know something we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by VWEvo View Post
    I expect it to go down a bit more honestly before it goes up.

Unfortunately it is riding the coat tails of blockchain and MJ hype, but they do have a unique position where they do have a deal wtih a real blockchain company who already works for the us military (my opinion is most blockchain companies are like: we're looking and going to assemble a blockchain dream team and go nuts with everything! <- really? where would one find this blockchain dream team that already isn't snapped up by someone else...). I bought in at 14.5 (or 13.5? i forget), took profit, rebought twice averaged out to around 17.7. I'm semi worried now that its back to where i rebought in, and view it as fairly risky, but with good upside potential if hype takes ahold of it like it did with similar blockchain companies (i found this company after looking in to RHT)

what i dont like about it is:
    their revenue sux right now, and they aren't making money. No CEO for 3 months now or so. very small time company; we're talking employee salaries totalling <1 million. but their valuation isn't absolutely retarded either yet. 2x million market cap. There are MJ companies worth a billion with similar stats...

what I like:
    They really trimmed down expenses recently. They've been around a long time. I dont htink they ever lost a client. They already have a good existing client base of government, including health canada. Their revenue sucks but at least they're making revenue. They haven't pumped their company yet for advertising, yet it already saw hype movement. They're not really a blockchain company, but a company that is going to integrate blockchain in to their existing software and clientbase, and hopefully corner the market on a very niche chunk of the MJ world (among other things). Thier share price is down, but the volume traded is still actually huge for the size of the company, so with that amount of action, if there is good news soon, it should pop off pretty big again.

Rumors: i bought in because they were supposedly lining up more deals and closing them mid to end of jan, possibly a big one. I heard of this a month ago, and the rumors keep servicing from people claiming to have talked to the company's investor relations.

my fears: i could see this hitting 10-12 cents again if nothing materializes this month thx to this downward trend. Someone dumping a lot of shares at a very low price by accident, or on purpose, really fucked with the momentum/strength of the stock in the last week.

my expectations: i'm thinking it could pop to 30 cents on any decent news, and could take off from there if it gets noticed, so that is why I am in it, but i'm more in it because i think give it 6 months and it might safely trend upwards. I think it is a safer bet then shit like BLGV, but i think BLGV could explode far sooner. I'll also be surprised if it closes under 16 cents, but we'll see. I'm crossing my fingers it breaks 50 cents this year, but we'll see. I have a feeling thx to whats going on in MJ and bitcoin right now people might be more cautious about throwing money randomly at stuff expecting big gains.

my plan: i'm in it with 130000 shares right now and that really is as much as i wanted to dump in it, but if it hits <14 cents i'll probably buy a lot more (i'm thinking enough to round out at 400k shares as that seems like a fairly safe price to me). Right now i'm only risking profits i've made in the last 6 months so I wont cry too hard if i start losing.
    Last edited by zhao; 01-17-2018 at 12:31 AM.

So is everyone straight out of PONY? I am holding a position at $2.36- every time I think of selling I look at the chart and think "it's gotta pop one of these days" but with the strong run in most of my energy shares and PONY staying stagnant, I'm losing faith.

My Ride
    a tank

Hive.to

Finally, the wait has been killing me on this, we got the breakdown after all. hopefully the capitulation event will give me a fantastic entry. looking at the previous range of 1.66-2.24 if it can get there I will be slowly scaling back in after selling all my hive when it broke below 3.26 had to incur a small loss due to the initial gap down.

I have other crypto shares to broaden my portfolio but the heaviest will be hive the rest are mostly spec plays.

_________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1617 of 1778 FirstFirst ... 1607 1616 1617 1618 1627 ... LastLast