Quantcast
Coms 363 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Coms 363

My Ride
    firebird

Default Coms 363

Is anyone else taking this joke of a class?

Just wondering what your opinions are on this course......it is the worst course ever conceived IMO.... And the head instructors suck balls....

For anyone thinking of taking this course......DONT!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

but how about those ppl who is already in this class?

I agree, it is a totally useless course, but I guess the only good things about this course, is that there is no final and midterm.....

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

if u take it with b HATTON it's ok, becuase it's easy!
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride
    firebird

Apparently they will be testing students on the course material for next semester. This stems from the fact that only about 20 people attend each lecture. What a useless course......

I mean....how many times can you hear the words "rhetoric, rhetorical, analysis, logos, ehtos, and pathos" before you want to stab yourself in the eye with a sharp object?? n:

I am just doing this lab 7 and it is pissing me off.....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Originally posted by gkAeris
    if u take it with b HATTON it's ok, becuase it's easy!
    i thought smith was the only person teaching it this time around.
    when i took it last year, there was an option of taking it with 2-3 teachers.. smith is by far the worst prof i have ever had teach a course.
    the course load was ridiculous for a 300-level course and she was a heartless machine.

it's a mandatory class for all engineers and management students now (it replaces SGMA301) for those of u who didn't know

and i think having the midterm/final idea will just make even more people pissed off at this course

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by thich

i thought smith was the only person teaching it this time around.
    when i took it last year, there was an option of taking it with 2-3 teachers.. smith is by far the worst prof i have ever had teach a course.
    the course load was ridiculous for a 300-level course and she was a heartless machine.

it's a mandatory class for all engineers and management students now (it replaces SGMA301) for those of u who didn't know

and i think having the midterm/final idea will just make even more people pissed off at this course
    Tania Smith is a heartless bitch IMO. She has a grade quota of a C. WTF is that shit? Even if everyone does top quality work some is still going to fail because of her shallow ass. The work load is out of this world for this course. I have spent a total of about 50 hours on her "50 Minute" lab assignments. And they are not even being graded.

It is because of people like her that the UofC gets shitty student reviews. I swear there is going to be a riot when the final grades are given out.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Last edited by kaput; 03-13-2019 at 12:23 AM.

My Ride
    rsx-s

dude that class is so hard now i hear, it used to be such a joke, now it's more work than a first year cpsc course

My Ride
    Pony

take it in the spring or summer. it was the easiest thing I've ever done. now as for CNST 443 I had the same reaction as you are now. Horrible class

Originally posted by kaput
    Take it with Bryce. That is all.
    doesn't matter; it's a standardized course now and everything is under the nazi control of [Agent] Smith the Machine Queen

Mckenzie, the harshest thing about this class is that she doesn't care what kind of rating/reputation she gets b/c she's the only "certified" instructor (she has a Ph.D in technical communications! WTH??) in the entire faculty to teach the stupid course

i think ppl will go sniper crazy after this semester is over...
    had the administration been smart, they would have looked over student opinions prior to allowing her to set the entire curriculum.
    the course load is just horrendous.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I have to take either 361 or 363
    Last edited by Aleks; 11-09-2003 at 02:53 PM.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by altima
    I have to take either 361 of 363
    Just dont take it with bitch face I mean Dr. Smith.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

because b hatton doesn't REQUIRE any labs.......

but he only teachs on the weekend i have to go to school at 8am on satursday but's its worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

I can't believe how much work she wants us to put in for the group draft essay, which is due on the 13th.........whatever she wants was totally useless in our field....what a waste of my tuition money

she sorta reminds me of the soup nazi in seinfield

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

the big thing is that she doesn't realize that most of the ppl she's teaching - engineers and managers - only need to UNDERSTAND what technical communications is and learn how to do a memo and maybe at most a proposal... but she just rambles on and on and makes people do stupid assignments are won't even be used later on in life. :P

My Ride
    rsx-s

Originally posted by gkAeris
    because b hatton doesn't REQUIRE any labs.......

but he only teachs on the weekend i have to go to school at 8am on satursday but's its worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i took it with hatton last semester, went to 2 classes all semester which i fell asleep in, and still ended up aith an A-

My Ride
    firebird

the big thing is that she doesn't realize that most of the ppl she's teaching - engineers and managers - only need to UNDERSTAND what technical communications is and learn how to do a memo and maybe at most a proposal... but she just rambles on and on and makes people do stupid assignments are won't even be used later on in life. :P

I thought the most useful one was the anootated bibliography.

Right...... when I am out in the workforce I want to have flashbacks of this wonderful project because it is so useful....

Are you in this class Thich? OR did you take it last year?

I have to get going on this stupid draft.....
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

i did it last year alongside SGMA301.. (big mistake i might add)...
    she ended up not liking me b/c i kept ranting about the class in my stupid performance review things that we had to do.

My Ride
    firebird

i did it last year alongside SGMA301.. (big mistake i might add)...
    she ended up not liking me b/c i kept ranting about the class in my stupid performance review things that we had to do.
    I guess this is SGMA 301s replacement for this year. I heard that 301 was a pretty easy A if you put a good effort into the course.

This is a joke though and I am just going to blast her on the stupid review.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Lucky for you that you didn't get Doug Hare. I had him for both engg215 and coms363. Those courses were exactly the same - every single assignment was identical which was good because it was the course with the highest workload.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to take that course. What a waste of $500.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast