Quantcast
The Flat Bed Club - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Flat Bed Club

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Default The Flat Bed Club

Post up a picture of your car on a flat bed, and if you want, give a little story as to why.

My last car. When I was younger, made the mistake of having a mr.lube do an oil change.... Stripped my bolt that goes into the pan to drain the oil..... (There is a thread somewhere on beyond.ca about it)

My Ride
    is Invisible

Dont have a pic of mine, but going in for a clutch change, the car was not drivable at all. It was minus -20(w/o windchill) at 7 in the morning when the truck showed up. Had to take the front bumper off so the car could make it up the ramp haha

Originally posted by adidas
    Dont have a pic of mine, but going in for a clutch change, the car was not drivable at all. It was minus -20(w/o windchill) at 7 in the morning when the truck showed up. Had to take the front bumper off so the car could make it up the ramp haha
    Sounds like a terrible start to a terrible day lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default Re: The Flat Bed Club

Originally posted by scat19
    My last car. When I was younger, made the mistake of having a mr.lube do an oil change.... Stripped my bolt that goes into the pan to drain the oil..... (There is a thread somewhere on beyond.ca about it)
    why didnt you just drive it to wherever you had to go , add some oil at most or was there more than just the oil sump bolt?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Had my clutch grenade itself 150km outside town, that was an expensive tow...

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Default Re: Re: The Flat Bed Club

Originally posted by n1zm0

why didnt you just drive it to wherever you had to go , add some oil at most or was there more than just the oil sump bolt?
    Because it would just pour right out? lol

Post up pics lads, I know you all whipped you your phones

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default Re: Re: Re: The Flat Bed Club

ohh i thought you meant it was stripped shut, i.e: pretty much welded on with a box wrench/socket.

all the times my cars were towed i was either not there or too pissed off to take pics lol

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Default Re: Re: Re: The Flat Bed Club

Post up pics lads, I know you all whipped you your phones
    It was -25, and I had to walk 3 km to the next town, I definately did not wip out my phone.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The Flat Bed Club

Originally posted by n1zm0

ohh i thought you meant it was stripped shut, i.e: pretty much welded on with a box wrench/socket.

all the times my cars were towed i was either not there or too pissed off to take pics lol
    Haha That picture I posted is old 2.5~ years ago!

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

It was -25, and I had to walk 3 km to the next town, I definately did not wip out my phone.
    Character building lmao

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

My old NSX, after a rad house went in the bottom of the engine bay. Couldn't get to it at all, so off to the dealership it went.

Didn't need a flatbed for this one, but I never thought the spare would actually come in handy. Blew a tire just outside Airdrie on my way to Calgary for DTP '08. Got a new tire the morning of the show, had to threaten a guy (kidding!) to mount it right away and got the car in the show.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Didn't have a camera phone at the time, but our Focus' fuel line system crapped out in the middle of Podunkville Idaho on a road trip back from San Diego. Had to wait 8 hours for a tow truck, pay $280 USD and an awkward 2.5 hour ride in the front cab of the tow truck with the driver to Idaho Falls. We then had to wait 2 days for the Ford stealership to fix the recall-based problem.

Good times on the flatbed.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    is an Experience.

I don't have pics, but a couple years ago I worked for an Excavating company, I was at a gravel pit in Bears Paw, had my Prelude at the time, at the end of the day I went to head home, got in the car but she didn't turn over, checked under the hood and everything, ended up having it towed home in McKenzie Lake, after checking all over the car I found that the fuse box down near my feet I must of slightly hit and a fuse fell out, can't remember which one, think it was for the starter, so I put it back in and she started right up, so cost me about 200$ due to a fuse not being in place.

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

Have pictures somewhere, maybe will load later.

1st: GTR, blew the clutch trying to tune it. No good. Easy to tow.

2nd: SL500, one of the distributors went and it felt like the car was going to rattle itself apart running on 4 cyls. Took over an hour to try and get it up and it was about -20.

3rd: Same SL500, boosted the car (opps my mistake) blew almost every computer after the over voltage relay proved faulty. Same issue getting on to the flat deck. $5000 repair. Not impressed.

4th: Same SL500, throttle cable broke on the 9th ave flyover from 14th street south into downtown at 830am Was a stones throw away from Hyatt Mercedes, yet took me 2 hours to get there, effectively screwed all of southbound calgary in the process. Tow truck came, dolley had a flat tire, called a second tow truck, what are the chances, his dolley was flat too. 3rd try got a flat deck. 2 hour tow, 2 minute drive, 1000s of late and upset Calgarians, all because a bus wouldnt back up so I could just push it downhill into Hyatt hahah. Priceless.

5th: FD RX7, clutch line popped, couldnt release clutch, nearly crashed into the guy ahead of me in rush hour traffic. I had to load the car on to the truck myself as the guy was to scared and inexperienced with slammed cars. Took foreverrr.

*fingers crossed I don't need one again*
    Last edited by inline6turbo; 08-28-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by inline6turbo
    Have pictures somewhere, maybe will load later.

1st: GTR, blew the clutch trying to tune it. No good. Easy to tow.

2nd: SL500, one of the distributors went and it felt like the car was going to rattle itself apart running on 4 cyls. Took over an hour to try and get it up and it was about -20.

3rd: Same SL500, boosted the car (opps my mistake) blew almost every computer after the over voltage relay proved faulty. Same issue getting on to the flat deck. $5000 repair. Not impressed.

4th: Same SL500, throttle cable broke on the 9th ave flyover from 14th street south into downtown at 830am Was a stones throw away from Hyatt Mercedes, yet took me 2 hours to get there, effectively screwed all of southbound calgary in the process. Tow truck came, dolley had a flat tire, called a second tow truck, what are the chances, his dolley was flat too. 3rd try got a flat deck. 2 hour tow, 2 minute drive, 1000s of late and upset Calgarians, all because a bus wouldnt back up so I could just push it downhill into Hyatt hahah. Priceless.

5th: FD RX7, clutch line popped, couldnt release clutch, nearly crashed into the guy ahead of me in rush hour traffic. I had to load the car on to the truck myself as the guy was to scared and inexperienced with slammed cars. Took foreverrr.

*fingers crossed I don't need one again*
    dang, your stories so far are the worst

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Demolished both front CV joints, wrecked front shock mounts and bushings. Limped off the trail to Cochran and called AMA.

Sorry about the bad pictures.

See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

No picture but in my old Prelude I hit a rock in the middle of the night on Macleod Trail and blew 2 tires. No spare(s) in the car. It was a bitch to get on the flatbed too. Had to use some boards under the tires just to get it up. Not a fun night.

Only once: I had to get this home somehow

This time I should just transport the crate by air, so I avoid customs fees crossing the border.

This is how you tow your car 18 Wheeler FTW

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

No pics but when I had the RSX-S I was driving the car back from Secret Street and there was an exhaust leak right after the header and the car could barely make it home. The next day I tried driving it to a mechanic but the car couldnt make it out of my block. I had to get it flat bedded to my mechanic and it turned out to be a blocked cat.

I should have lined up better.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast