Quantcast
Luna by Qualex-Landmark - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luna by Qualex-Landmark

My Ride
    12 TL

Default Luna by Qualex-Landmark

Anyone have any thoughts on this future condo development. Looks like it will be done in 3 years if this project does not get halted.

Third tower, next to Stella and Nova

www.liveatluna.com

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Where is the pricing for this place?

Nova is sweet, I have been thinking about getting in at Luna.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    BMW E70

I'd actually be interested to see their quality. I like the Stella building but after showing a couple units in Nova recently, I was a little disappointed in the lack of construction and quality of the finishing materials used in Nova. It'll be interesting to see how Luna sells considering Nova sold out in a day.

Absolutely love the looks of the towers though

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Can you elaborate on your thoughts about Nova?

I was actually thinking the complete opposite, that Stella was of a lower quality fit & finish.

Location is great, either way.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by adamc
    Can you elaborate on your thoughts about Nova?

I was actually thinking the complete opposite, that Stella was of a lower quality fit & finish.

Location is great, either way.
    It could have just been the few units I saw when I was last there. The kitchens were all melamine, some of which was peeling in various places. It may have been that the owners didn't upgrade when they first bought so the units looked plain and were lived in a little harder than the average person would. They looked good from far, but up close the finishing didn't seem to be where I thought it would. That being said though, Nova was built in the boom when good trades people were hard to come by.

Just my thoughts from spending ~10 minutes in a few suites. Definitely interested to check out Luna though

You're right though, location is great!

My Ride
    12 TL

Luna should be the upscale of the 3 towers...

My Ride
    99 Civic SI

luna is great but I dont see it moving ahead anytime soon. It's already currently on hold for better market conditions, and those still aren't favorable for new developments in the condo market.

Considering its one of almost 10 condo projects that are stalled, i'd say its 12 months before presales even begin again and I do believe the number is 50% before construction can even begin with the type of financing available for projects these days.

My Ride
    12 TL

shogged I don't see any information indicating it is on hold? where do you see this?

thanks,

Has anyone bought into Luna lately? They have broken ground and construction seems to be ramping up slowly. The show suite looked pretty nice

i have had friend buy into luna recently. the pricing per sq ft is cheaper than market value of nova and stella significantly. The one friend is the controller at bdki architechs (they design luna) and yeah, luna is a definate buy, imo, i live dt, and i've seen alot of condos and have looked for rental properties, and by far, there is a lot of potential for possible flip in 2 years when its done.

anyways you should go in, the sales girl meagan, is super cute....
    sadly she has a massive bling ring on.

My Ride
    2011 BMW 335is Cabriolet

Well I will let you guys know my experiences at Nova. Nova is pure garbage and here is why:

The build quality is very poor, on a $650,000 executive unit our hardwood is so poor that if you look at it the wrong way it scratches. The Quartz countertops were not properly sealed in the master ensuite and now when it gets wet it discolors like concrete and then comes back once it drys. Poor quality on finishing work around the center island, very poor chaulking in bathrooms. Elevators you will wait 5-10minutes ( literally not exagerating ) everytime you want to use it. Fire alarm goes off constantly which locks out the elevators. ( not cool walking up 22 stories on a regular basis ) Winter time the water is not hot enough for a bath or shower because they have 2 small boilers for both buildings and often 1 is in need of repair. All the common hallways get trashed because people have no respect. The suites get very hot in the winter and air conditioning is not turned on until summer.

Only good thing I have to say is the concierge is very good. They are very friendly and always willing to help you out.

We are waiting for our new home to be finished and cannot get out of here fast enough. My advice would be look elsewhere but its your money!
    2011 BMW 335is Cabriolet
    2011 Lexus RX 350

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

Originally posted by ALBERTA_IS
    Well I will let you guys know my experiences at Nova. Nova is pure garbage and here is why:

.......All the common hallways get trashed because people have no respect.
    A lot of the residents are renters, hence the lack of respect in regards to the building (not to say all renters are bad, but they tend to have much less respect for a building since they don't "own" it).

My Ride
    2011 BMW 335is Cabriolet

Originally posted by t-im

A lot of the residents are renters, hence the lack of respect in regards to the building (not to say all renters are bad, but they tend to have much less respect for a building since they don't "own" it).
    Foresure they are the problem. Nova was and still is way overpriced and they couldn't sell the units so they had no choice but to rent them out.

The bigger problem was Nova was built in boom time and we all now what kind of quality the work was.

I forgot to also mention my hardwood doesn't even go all the way under the basboard in 2 spots. Maybe it is an isolated case but I highly doubt it from speaking with other people in the building.
    2011 BMW 335is Cabriolet
    2011 Lexus RX 350

My Ride
    2009 Audi A3

I have a friend in who bought in Nova and who just bought in Luna. From what I understand , the developer's track record and quality vs others calgary developers is far superior. Many investors bought in the project, which is why there are a lot of renters, not because of resale values. The resales in stella and nova are much higher than others in the beltline area.

Although Nova was built during a busy time, it is one of the only projects that actually was finished as promised.

He said that Luna is also literally the only project currently seeing actual sales in calgary, and that the finishings are even superior to Stella and Nova

My Ride

Originally posted by CalgMan
    ....and that the finishings are even superior to Stella
    That's not saying much. Stella is pretty basic, and I think whomever designed some of the floorplans was on pure crack. Shared bathroom? Really?

Last edited by kaput; 04-02-2019 at 07:28 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by kaput

If you get a chance, take a walk through some units for sale in Stella and Nova. I've looked at a few in each building, and was sorely disappointed by the so called 'quality' in both cases.
    I agree. There's a difference between "looks" good and well made. I won't disagree that Nova shows nicely until you look carefully.

does anyone know when this building will be complete?

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Originally posted by hustler
    does anyone know when this building will be complete?
    Sprin 2012 is the completion date. I believe the possession date is in June though.

They capped off the roof earlier this month and have already started doing the interiors. Possessions have been quoted to be in mid to late spring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast