Quantcast
FS: U of C Parking Pass - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FS: U of C Parking Pass

Default FS: U of C Parking Pass - SOLD!

I just got approved for a lot 18 parking pass at U of C. I won't be needing it until Sept. 2004, so it's basically available from November 20, 2003 to September 1, 2004.

I'm not going to scalp it. I just want to sell it for however much it costs. Maybe a refundable deposit too in case the buyer racks up a bunch of tickets on my ID number and I end up not graduating.

Just for information, this pass is less than a 5 minute walk from the engineering building (closer than lot 10 for sure, with re-entry privileges, approximately the same cost as lot 10, and I think it allows you to park in any lot on campus after 4pm). I'm going to find out the exact cost and other details when the parking office opens monday.
    Last edited by rc2002; 11-10-2003 at 05:00 PM.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

i might be interested.. tell me how much it is..
    Submaker.Illest.

Where is lot 18? is that the one by the CCIT building?

How much?

Thanks

It's the lot by the mech building (across the street)

PM me with prices

Sorry guys, it's sold. A good friend of mine really wants it, I still don't have the pricing information but he wants it regardless of cost.

My Ride
    Civic SiR, Chev 3500 duramax

lot 18 is only avaliable for 12 months at a time and goes for 640 bucks. I got approved for one month ago. Seemes kinda expensive to me.

It works out to $47.08/month - I just asked today. I'm not sure if you have to pay for the summer months, but if you only paid $47.08/month for fall and winter then it's almost equivalent to parking in lot 10 everyday.

I think that paying any damn money for parking is expensive. It should be free. Maybe the president of the U of C should take a 50% pay cut and only make $1 million/year

My Ride
    Civic SiR, Chev 3500 duramax

haha, true that. And now they have durangos to drive around in that replaced some of their crv's. I would like one of them to explain to me how they justify charging us that much for parking while their parking monkeys are driving around in durangoes wasting gas

Originally posted by richardchan2002
    It works out to $47.08/month - I just asked today. I'm not sure if you have to pay for the summer months, but if you only paid $47.08/month for fall and winter then it's almost equivalent to parking in lot 10 everyday.

I think that paying any damn money for parking is expensive. It should be free. Maybe the president of the U of C should take a 50% pay cut and only make $1 million/year
    Wait until you graduate and get out into the real world. Parking downtown is minimum $125/month, and that's outside, no plug ins and on the outskirts of the core. And daily it averages $15/day, that is if you can find a spot. Parking at the U is a bargain by comparison. Not to mention you get free transit now too.

Yeah but you are making money at work downtown, not paying thousands a year to go there! Plus transit is cheap but still not free, about 120 a year I think (which is still a great deal).

Originally posted by szw
    Yeah but you are making money at work downtown, not paying thousands a year to go there! Plus transit is cheap but still not free, about 120 a year I think (which is still a great deal).
    Ok, maybe not free, but transit is included in your fees, so whether you use it or not, it's paid for, just like the gym membership.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Why should it be free at the University when it's not free anywhere else? If you're driving to school, then you can afford to pay for parking. Compared to the rest of the city, it's not unreasonable at all. And if it is, like I said, you can take transit. Driving and parking are privileges, not rights.

how do you get a parking pass?