Quantcast
Dead battery??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Dead battery???

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Default Dead battery???

My friend has a Motorola V. Series 120c from Telus, had been using it for a little more than a year. Now the battery starting to suck, she has to charge it everynight and it only last like 20mins when its in use till thephone to dead out. Can she take it back to Telus and will they get that fix or give her a new battery. or is it all up to her to get a new one???

thx
    (anyone works at Telus????)

My Ride
    a wrx.

the battery got fucked. that isnt covered by any warranty cuz batteries are considered consumables. she could buy a new battery, but by then she should just look for a new phone.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    the battery got fucked. that isnt covered by any warranty cuz batteries are considered consumables. she could buy a new battery, but by then she should just look for a new phone.
    ok fuck!!!
    so my next question is, if she wants a used phone, what should she look for, i know that its not GSM so rogers and fido are not an option. So just any PCS phones??? does pcs phones have to be unlock?

My Ride
    93 S13(RIP)/ 87 AE86

it needs to be a phone that is branded with the TELUS logo... a bell phone or a US PCS phone won't work...

check out www.telusmobility.com for prices of new phones... we got refurb'd phones starting at 50.00 with a 3 month warranty, or we have phones starting at 80.00 with a standard 1 year warranty... these are a straightup cost, not a contract cost. You can go to any telus mobility dealer, future shop, london drugs etc for a new phone...

if you pick up a used phone (or are considering it) call us first and we can check out the ESN for you to ensure its not a lost or stolen phone...

enough info?

battery should actually be under warranty. the only thing that isnt under warranty is the intenna and any kind of water damage. i know from experiance. ive had to pay 30 bucks twice to get new fruggin intennas

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Originally posted by Wildcat
    battery should actually be under warranty. the only thing that isnt under warranty is the intenna and any kind of water damage. i know from experiance. ive had to pay 30 bucks twice to get new fruggin intennas
    Warrantys on phones are not for a lifetime, most are for 1 year. So if he has been using it for "a little over a year", he is probably SOL in trying to get a new battery under warranty....unless you paid extra and got an extended warranty of some sort. Obviously warranty doesn't cover abuse (dropping the phone, spilling water, breaking the antenna). The antenna would be covered provided that it was defect in workmanship and within the warranty period.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

best bet is checking out eBay for third party batteries. They go pretty cheap there. Probably not much more than $20 can for a new battery after shipping.

Say you have a 3 year contract with Telus. Say you want a new phone. Can you just buy a new one from somewhere (Futureshop, etc), and go to Telus and tell them to swap the plan to the new phone's ESN number?

Originally posted by link785
    Say you have a 3 year contract with Telus. Say you want a new phone. Can you just buy a new one from somewhere (Futureshop, etc), and go to Telus and tell them to swap the plan to the new phone's ESN number?

the phone has to be supported by telus, it cant just be any phone.

and telus has shitty phones, but great service and reception. its give and take really.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Originally posted by Wildcat
    the phone has to be supported by telus, it cant just be any phone.

and telus has shitty phones, but great service and reception. its give and take really.
    So I got to Futureshop and buy a Telus mobility phone, don't activate it. Then I go to a Telus Mobility dealer, and just have my plan on my old phone swapped over to the new phone, paying nothing but the ESN swap charge ($35) ?

Hell, if it's that easy, I'm getting a new phone, lol

My Ride
    93 S13(RIP)/ 87 AE86

you can just buy the phone at futureshop and have them activate it there... actually cheaper than bringing it to a dealership, as they'll charge you a programming fee on top of the esn swap fee (totally at least 50.00 for the 2 fees)...

If you do it thru FS, it'll only cost you the 25.00 swap fee charged by telusmobility...

its stupid easy