Quantcast
Mount Royal University - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount Royal University

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Default Mount Royal University

These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    VAG products

Sweet, now I got to University

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by pf0sh0
    Not learning much, are you?

Wonder how long it'll be before we've got an american education system. St. Mary's could give the world bible-taught engineers, biologists and doctors... woo!

Originally posted by pf0sh0
    Originally posted by scat19

Not learning much, are you?

My Ride
    rsx-s

I guess all we gotta do to go to a "University" is get 60% in high school?? What a joke.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

You're an idiot.
    Look àt the minimum requirements for u of c. Not that diff, unless you're going for your phd.

High school and univ. Are 2 completely different things

So whats the difference between MRC and MRU?

I'm assuming that its just based on that they offer a few 4 year degrees. According to the article they don't do any research and is strictly a teaching school, so no real endowments or grants.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Ebon
    So whats the difference between MRC and MRU?

I'm assuming that its just based on that they offer a few 4 year degrees. According to the article they don't do any research and is strictly a teaching school, so no real endowments or grants.
    That's pretty much I think. There are plenty of other teaching schools out there that don't do research or anything either.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    XT6

I can only speak for Mount Royal's accounting program, but it was pretty solid in my opinion.

I would much rather be taught a topic by a CA or CMA compared to a PhD. On the whole, it seemed that friends who attended UofC displayed a general frustration with their professors. The real world experience guys like Wayne and Drew offered at MRC was invaluable.

Also, was nice that they offered the opportunity to take 1 year of work experience in recognition of 1 year of options as provided by the UofC. To me, work experience was much more important than being a 'well rounded student."

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Originally posted by nosegrindR
    I guess all we gotta do to go to a "University" is get 60% in high school?? What a joke.

what program are you in
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    02 RSX

You r an idiot...

Mount Royals education is better then UofC's in my opinion.
    BTW I went to both schools....

maybe you should go to both schools before trash talking....

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

that's the minimum, lol good luck ever getting into your program with that mark.. its still really competitive.. you need a 2.7gpa for the most part..

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Have you even met any undergrads at the U of C? Most of them are pretty fucking retarded, so I'd get off your high horse. Hell, most of the graduates are pretty stupid come to think of it.

Speaking as a computer science student, I also went to both MRC and UofC and the level of education at MRC is by far superior. The problem with the university is many of the instructors there (at least in the sciences) are only there for the research and not for the teaching. And most of the TAs, where about half your marks come from, are only TAing because they're grad students that have to or they're undergrads trying to make a buck because they can't get real jobs in their area. So it's not really too hard to get decent grades with that in mind. I was gonna say it's not hard to get good marks if you show up and breathe, but I remembered I didn't show up for most of my classes

If getting a degree at MRC was an option for me at the time, it would've been a no brainer.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

The problem with the university is many of the instructors there (at least in the sciences) are only there for the research and not for the teaching.

“Students must have initiative; they should not be mere imitators. They must learn to think and act for themselves--and be free.â€

Have you even met any undergrads at the U of C? Most of them are pretty fucking retarded, so I'd get off your high horse. Hell, most of the graduates are pretty stupid come to think of it.

Speaking as a computer science student, I also went to both MRC and UofC and the level of education at MRC is by far superior. The problem with the university is many of the instructors there (at least in the sciences) are only there for the research and not for the teaching. And most of the TAs, where about half your marks come from, are only TAing because they're grad students that have to or they're undergrads trying to make a buck because they can't get real jobs in their area. So it's not really too hard to get decent grades with that in mind. I was gonna say it's not hard to get good marks if you show up and breathe, but I remembered I didn't show up for most of my classes

If getting a degree at MRC was an option for me at the time, it would've been a no brainer.
    Truth

Lawlz at people arguing over undergrad stuff. It really doesn't matter in undergrad; if you're an idiot, you're an idiot wherever you go.

If you're smart or a really personable person, you'll likely be the type that challenges themselves and pushes themselves above others in whatever respect.

Grad studies is really, in my view, where the decision between schools actually matters; especially in Canada. In undergrad, just go where they're teaching what you want, and if you know where you want to work, study near there. If you're wanting to do grad studies, do your undergrad where there is active research in the area you're interested in... The decision doesn't come down to "my brother's friend had a cousin who didn't like U of C so it's shit" or "This one class my prof was late often to, so MRC sucks".

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Undergrad is garbage anywhere in Calgary. I don't care to hear from people saying. MRU is better than U of C. Its all a joke in my opinion.....

I'm out of the loop these days with entrance marks... What is 'general' admission to the two schools these days?

My Ride
    Bicycle

And most of the TAs, where about half your marks come from, are only TAing because they're grad students that have to or they're undergrads trying to make a buck because they can't get real jobs in their area.
    This is the truth. 99% TAs are there because they can't find a real job. I know one that going into graduate program this fall but quit as soon as he landed a real job.

MRC education is better because like SAIT, teachers are seasoned pros and not lab geeks. MRC also enjoyed smaller classes in the past but I doubt they will continue that practice as MRU.

Nice to see some competitions. U of C is not worth the price they charge compare to other Us in the country. It's only expensive because it got a monopoly in town.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-03-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast