Quantcast
Rob Anders vs. Muslims - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Anders vs. Muslims

Default Rob Anders vs. Muslims

The guy has a good point, too bad he is going about it the wrong way.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome

Calgary-West MP, Rob Anders, is trying to mend ties with Calgary's largest Muslim organization. Anders attended a Ramadan dinner to try to defend his actions after a political pamphlet was sent from his office.

Anders met with the Muslim community in his riding at a Ramadan prayer service Friday, but not everyone was pleased to see the area MP.

Tension is boiling over a mail-out in which Anders wrote:

"It is now illegal to hold opinions that offend radical Muslim activists...under Section 13 of the so-called Human Rights Code Canadians have been prosecuted for holding personal beliefs which offend radical Muslim Imams and Liberal activists."

The examples refer to two Canadian journalists, Mark Steyn and Ezra Levant, both of whom were taken to court over editorials they published.

"We want to gather a petition of people who are against Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act which is restriction of freedom of expression," said Anders.

But the Muslim Council of Calgary says the flyers were ill conceived.

"He unfairly scapegoated the Muslim community as somehow being a threat to freedom of speech in Canada because we have from time to time taken recourse to the Human Rights Commissions," said David Liepert, Muslim Council of Calgary spokesperson.

The Muslim Council of Calgary invited Anders to a prayer service to help improve ties.

"We can't condemn him for not building bridges if we don't do it ourselves," added Liepert.

Anders didn't apologize for his flyers saying he was simply using two well known cases to illustrate his point.

Still, some in crowd felt slighted, but others hope Anders' willingness to meet with the Muslim community will be the first step toward a renewed relationship.

If I ran into Ezra Levant at a pub, drinks would be on me. Printing a picture of this mohammed character during the mass riots, where people were killing due to printing his portrait, is ballsy.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by homelessman
    If I ran into Ezra Levant at a pub, drinks would be on me. Printing a picture of this mohammed character during the mass riots, where people were killing due to printing his portrait, is ballsy.
    And then i would come from behind and made sure that was the last time you bought drinks!

There aren't a whole lot of things Ezra wouldn't do to sell some magazines.

paging zenops

Originally posted by adidas

And then i would come from behind and made sure that was the last time you bought drinks!
    Doubt it.

She's not ballsy, she's just low down. She'll do whatever to get someone to read her shit. Also, you're a douchebag. I wish i ran into you at a pub.

Originally posted by JimmyBurner

She's not ballsy, she's just low down. She'll do whatever to get someone to read her shit. Also, you're a douchebag. I wish i ran into you at a pub.
    User rating: 94%

on ignore list.
    Last edited by homelessman; 09-12-2009 at 07:59 PM.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Originally posted by JimmyBurner

You're talking about Ezra, right? Ezra is a HE. Gotta have balls to be ballsy.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

(not mohamad btw)

My Ride
    '98 Camry

What? You gonna nick his wallet, big man?

Its a start.

Rob is at least willing to meet a minority group wonders never cease to amaze - only took him 12 years. Hes just behind Ahmadinejad now, but ahead of Kim Jong Il.

If he would stop using the Titanium dioxide sunblock - he might actually look human.

Still a far cry from Ralph - who would hit up Chinatown for some Dim Sum, a drink and a dinner every week or so. Now there was a man who really knew how to build a city (and how to live). Of course his native metis wife also completely puts Ralph on the multicultural side. I have no doubt that with Ralph in the spotlight - the Tsuu Tina deal would have gone through regardless of compensation.

BTW: Interesting picture - look at the distance of the handshake. I think its the full 150 centimeters that is possible.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 09-12-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Photo op:

Pictured L from R: ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Its a start.

Rob is at least willing to meet a minority group wonders never cease to amaze - only took him 12 years. Hes just behind Ahmadinejad now, but ahead of Kim Jong Il.

If he would stop using the Titanium dioxide sunblock - he might actually look human.

Still a far cry from Ralph - who would hit up Chinatown for some Dim Sum, a drink and a dinner every week or so. Now there was a man who really knew how to build a city (and how to live).

BTW: Interesting picture - look at the distance of the handshake. I think its the full 150 centimeters that is possible.
    I don't know what you're talking about. I'm part of a minority group and I frequently see him at our cultural gatherings (New Year's, etc.).

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Photo op:

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

User rating: 94%

on ignore list.
    That's great big guy, I honestly don't know what that means. Wouldn't it be easier for you to just start a thread titled "How much I hate Muslims"? Then you could post all your cute little cartoons, and have a big old party with CUG. Get off their nuts you ignorant fuck.

My Ride
    Jetta 1.8t

Photo op:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Ride
    is Invisible

Doubt it.

I dont doubt it one bit, believe me!

Post some more hatred against Islam and Muslims, sure seems to be getting you somewhere!

Originally posted by Penis McNickels

What? You gonna nick his wallet, big man?
    Yea thats exactly what im gonna do. Fuck your smart!

I dont doubt it one bit, believe me!

Post some more hatred against Islam and Muslims, sure seems to be getting you somewhere!

Yea thats exactly what im gonna do. Fuck your smart!
    Both you and JummyBurner need lessons in grammar.

Until then, STFU

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast