Quantcast
US Buying..... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: US Buying.....

Default US Buying.....

so i wanna order some parts for my car from the states...............would u guys recomend it or no? expierences? thx alot in advance
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

Depends on the parts. You will get hit with GST when it comes over the border, that's a given.

If it's over $200 in value, then it no longer qualifies for the NAFTA agreement, and you will be charged customs duties. Also, if the item(s) are not of North American origin, you will be charged further duties.

If you're thinking of ordering something like a turbo kit, or a full body kit, I suggest going through a shop.

My Ride
    335i

Tell us what you want to get, that will help.

If you want to keep it secret, generally, you save a lot of money if you know how to get around customs. It's well worth it, but you gotta make sure you buy from a reputable company.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    If you want to keep it secret, generally, you save a lot of money if you know how to get around customs. It's well worth it, but you gotta make sure you buy from a reputable company.
    Within the next 6 months, all packages (packages as defined by weight and dimensions of the post office) leaving and entering the United States will be requiring the Social Security number of the United States citizen sending / receiving the item.

"Getting around customs" is going to be much more difficult in the future, not to mention the penalties will soon be much stiffer as well (yes, jail time).

I don't recommend bullshitting with the customs people.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by link785

Within the next 6 months, all packages (packages as defined by weight and dimensions of the post office) leaving and entering the United States will be requiring the Social Security number of the United States citizen sending / receiving the item.

"Getting around customs" is going to be much more difficult in the future, not to mention the penalties will soon be much stiffer as well (yes, jail time).

I don't recommend bullshitting with the customs people.
    who told you this?

Originally posted by 88CRX
    who told you this?
    United States Customs Service, eBay.ca conference this past month. Since I sell a shitload on eBay (kinda like a money maker on the side from my real job), I ship a lot to the USA, so this was an important thing for me to listen to.

They're hoping in the next 6 months (10 to 12 months maximum), to implement the new Social Security number regulations. First will be the courier companies, such as UPS, FedEx, Purolator, etc. Expect to see them asking for Social Security numbers for packages to the USA by mid of next year.

what do you sell on Ebay?

Originally posted by Shaolin
    what do you sell on Ebay?
    Whatever I can get my hands on. A lot of interior decor stuff, sometimes car stuff too, stuff from shift knobs to interior colored LED bulbs. Take a random example of something I'm currently making 300% profit on, an angel tea light candle holder. Got about 100 of them for $1.50 CDN each, selling them for $3.15 USD each.