Quantcast
Ebay??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ebay???

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Default Ebay???

K, so a friend of mine is thinking about buying something off of Ebay, but isn't sure if it is safe? He just wants to know whether he can do anything or get his money back if there is a problem with the product or if the seller doesn't ship the item.. Have any of you had any experiences with Ebay? good/bad?

Cheers.

Ebay is great, you just have to be careful of what you're buying, make sure you read the description of the product, and the terms and everything CAREFULLY!! If you have any questions just ask the seller and they'll be happy to clear things up for you. But most importantly read EVERYTHING before you even think of placing your bid.

My Ride
    335i

Almost everyone here has used ebay or heard of it. It's not really risky if you know what to look for.

First off, is the product used? If it's new, then you should know what to expect. If not, make sure you get plenty of pics and ask a lot of questions. If the seller replies quickly, thats usually a good sign. If the seller has a lot of good feedback, thats another good sign. Usually, it means that the seller has had a lot of happy customers. Beware of sellers that sell a lot of $2 items and then try and sell a really big ticket item. Lastly, if it's too good to be true (ie body kit for 90US) or something like that, than it probably is.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

ask lots of questions, check feedback, and check the descriptions of the product and stuff.. some ebay sellers will give refunds and stuff if the product is defective or whatever.. I haven't had a bad experience with ebay, but I buy most of my stuff from people who have at least 50 feedbacks with maybe 1-2 negative max..

My Ride
    08.5 Mazdaspeed 3

make sure you read discription carefully.... a lot of times it will say "like" in really samll print and "new" in really big print to throw people off.