Quantcast
Mens hockey league thread (NCHL, CAHL, HNA, etc) - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mens hockey league thread (NCHL, CAHL, HNA, etc)

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Originally posted by bmeier

what team do you play for? i agree the leagues needs more teams to get the divisions more evened out.
    Kaeje, we will be fairly competitive in the top div, but were off to a bad start

Any of you guys have an open spot on your team? I'm officially off the roster for my allcal div B team.
    My skill level probably isn't quite at B level considering how long I've been out of the game until I get some wind back.

Originally posted by civicrider

Kaeje, we will be fairly competitive in the top div, but were off to a bad start
    oh ya we play each other then, i play with the flying pints.

its going to get tiring playing the same teams all year but hopefully the teams even out a little bit.

My Ride
    impreza

nm

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Bump

We have played in the CAHL the last 4 years and are thinking of maybe switching leagues. Anyone have any advice on which league to go to. Would be nice to hear pros and cons of each of the leagues out there.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

I've played in NCHL, ALLCAL, HNA and WRAHL all in the 1st or 2nd divisions. I would rank them from best to worst: WRAHL>HNA>ALLCAL>NCHL.

NCHL was by far the worst league, would never go back. They use unqualified refs who do not know the rules of hockey, they have shitty ice times, and the way they run the league is very poor.

As for the other three, I would say they are all similar. With HNA, teams all need matching gloves, pants, helmets, socks and jerseys with name bars on the back, which isn't a problem really, except for the up front cost of buying new gear. It also creates a problem if you need to bring out spare players for a game or two. The reason I chose WRAHL as the best, is because it seems like the people who run the league are the most understanding and, well, real. I have never met them, but our captain says they are typical "hockey boys" who understand the game and what not. We have had a few games get out of hand (chippy) and it seems like the guys really take what both teams and the refs have to say into consideration, which is really good because other leagues just assume the worst of the players and throw out suspensions left and right. Also the WRAHL seems to have good ice times and generally good rinks. Although, this weekend we have a game at 8:45 AM on saturday.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by leftwing
    I've played in NCHL, ALLCAL, HNA and WRAHL all in the 1st or 2nd divisions. I would rank them from best to worst: WRAHL>HNA>ALLCAL>NCHL.

NCHL was by far the worst league, would never go back. They use unqualified refs who do not know the rules of hockey, they have shitty ice times, and the way they run the league is very poor.

As for the other three, I would say they are all similar. With HNA, teams all need matching gloves, pants, helmets, socks and jerseys with name bars on the back, which isn't a problem really, except for the up front cost of buying new gear. It also creates a problem if you need to bring out spare players for a game or two. The reason I chose WRAHL as the best, is because it seems like the people who run the league are the most understanding and, well, real. I have never met them, but our captain says they are typical "hockey boys" who understand the game and what not. We have had a few games get out of hand (chippy) and it seems like the guys really take what both teams and the refs have to say into consideration, which is really good because other leagues just assume the worst of the players and throw out suspensions left and right. Also the WRAHL seems to have good ice times and generally good rinks. Although, this weekend we have a game at 8:45 AM on saturday.
    Completely agree, WRAHL is always making a consistent effort to impove where as NCHL did as much as possible to deter teams from coming back. I also like the fact WRAHL guarantees no later then 10:30 PM ice times

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

10:30pm doesn't really mean much.

HNA, I don't think I played a game later than 10:45. Maybe one 11:15 on a Friday or something like that. But the 10:30 vs. 10:45 doesn't make a difference.

I think what really matters is what rinks they use. I hate driving to Indus or Chestemere for a 10:30 game. Takes me 45min to get there and adds an hour before you get home after. Then to be up at 6:30 for work the next morning, sucks.

That being said, we would get some 2pm on a Saturday ice times which I loved and no one would show up because the guys on my team or other teams were all working at car dealerships, retail, etc.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

I would take 8:45am on a Saturday. I'm done with the NCHL for a simple reason - we haven't had a game before 10:15pm this year. Our team payed way in advance to ensure a better schedule and that never materialized.

Anyone have feedback on the WinSport league?

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Winsport is run by the same people as NCHL.....take that for what its worth. From what I understand its the NCHL with better ice times all at Winsport.

I have found the WRAHL has been the best Ive played in too... my latest ice time this season has been at 10:30, and the farthest rink from me has been Huntington Hills. (I live near Chinook.. so fairly central)

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

My favorite is the NCHL booking ice times at the Coral, where you have to pay $15 to park. And the majority of the games we play at the Coral (maybe 4 or 5 through the entire season) are at night on Flames game day so you can’t get anywhere near the rink and you still have to pay.

We explained to the league that it’s complete bullshit years ago and they still do it. We’re already paying $20 per person, per game and now we have to pay another $15. Ridiculous.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by 88CRX
    My favorite is the NCHL booking ice times at the Coral, where you have to pay $15 to park. And the majority of the games we play at the Coral (maybe 4 or 5 through the entire season) are at night on Flames game day so you can’t get anywhere near the rink and you still have to pay.

We explained to the league that it’s complete bullshit years ago and they still do it. We’re already paying $20 per person, per game and now we have to pay another $15. Ridiculous.
    They honestly don't care, it's also quite comical they have several Hoser teams which they manipulate players from the top to the bottom divisions. I hated how we needed to pay an extra $1200 so that half our games would be before 10:30 PM, NCHL has soured on several teams, not to mention receiving drunken e-mails from one of their team reps

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by 88CRX

Hmm, our team has played a couple games at the Corral but we've never had to pay for parking as the attendants were never there and gate arms were up... Must be a nightmare during a flames game though.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by BananaFob

Hmm, our team has played a couple games at the Corral but we've never had to pay for parking as the attendants were never there and gate arms were up... Must be a nightmare during a flames game though.
    I believe that happens after 10 pm

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0

Anyone have feedback on the WinSport league?
    I've actually been out to a bunch of WinSport leagues games as a sub and I really liked it. The refs seem really good, I've played maybe 5-8 games in that league and have no complaints about the ice times, refs or anything. I am surprised to hear it is run by the same people as the NCHL.

Just want to jump in to clear up something. Winsport is NOT run by the same people as NCHL. The league coordinator for Winsport USED to work for NCHL, but left. There is no connection, other than that, between the two leagues.

WRAHL div 1 here, Been out since mid Dec with a broken collar bone, should be back in a week or so! in time for playoffs

Anyone else in div 1 WRAHL?? if so I guarantee you hate my team we have a few big mouths for sure...

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by Davetronz
    Just want to jump in to clear up something. Winsport is NOT run by the same people as NCHL. The league coordinator for Winsport USED to work for NCHL, but left. There is no connection, other than that, between the two leagues.
    Dont they have the same rules? (ie. 6 penalties-> penalty shot)

Originally posted by vengie
    WRAHL div 1 here, Been out since mid Dec with a broken collar bone, should be back in a week or so! in time for playoffs

Anyone else in div 1 WRAHL?? if so I guarantee you hate my team we have a few big mouths for sure...
    We were last year and got moved down.. what team??

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by shadowz

not to mention receiving drunken e-mails from one of their team reps
    HAHA thats funny because last year I received an email from a league rep that plays on the opposite team bitching about a 3-2 game that we won.

I cant imagine playing a game at corral during a flames game. I would be tempted to forfeit that to avoid the hassle.

Originally posted by R-Audi

We were last year and got moved down.. what team??
    Its our first year in this league, I believe? and my first year with the team.
    I play for the Marshalls

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast