Quantcast
Saddletowne YMCA - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Saddletowne YMCA

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Default Saddletowne YMCA

Does anyone go here to workout? I'm thinking about switching to that gym instead of Cardel. One of the reasons is Cardel gets so packed and you constantly have to wait for the Squat rack or bench press. Does the YMCA have the same problem?

Peak times (pretty much after 4-4:30) its packed. The good thing is that not many people use the squat racks (there's two with platforms and one power rack). You can usually get in as long as you are willing to do certain exercises whenever you can (assuming deads/squats/presses, etc). Sometimes its in the beginning, middle, or end. Other than that, its browntown. I go, and best time is to go during the day or the morning (it opens at 5:30am monday to friday).

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Thanks man. I went for a tour today and I did notice that the squat racks were empty but the machine area was busy. Works for me since most if my workouts use the rack or barbell.

To many brownies...most of them act like they are the shit, walk around like they are hulk and almost 9/10 times don't put their weights away and yes...make stupid grunting noises and cling weights....

I did go there for a week and now am going to anytime in beacon hill as well as fitness plus north.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by elite
    Peak times (pretty much after 4-4:30) its packed. The good thing is that not many people use the squat racks (there's two with platforms and one power rack). You can usually get in as long as you are willing to do certain exercises whenever you can (assuming deads/squats/presses, etc). Sometimes its in the beginning, middle, or end. Other than that, its browntown. I go, and best time is to go during the day or the morning (it opens at 5:30am monday to friday).

Originally posted by TL911
    To many brownies...most of them act like they are the shit, walk around like they are hulk and almost 9/10 times don't put their weights away and yes...make stupid grunting noises and cling weights....

I did go there for a week and now am going to anytime in beacon hill as well as fitness plus north.
    Don't forget the staredowns

Tried it for a couple times then went elsewhere

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

haha I did notice some dudes checking themselves out and kept looking at us when we were getting the tour. I'm trying it out today to see if I like it. It's a bit easier to get to from my house (Redstone) and I can take the train to it after work instead of taking the 301 to Cardel which is slow as hell. I might have to put up with the staredowns.

My Ride
    rally pig

I only signed up w/ YMCA to use their pool.
    If you have the space and money, $500-700 can get you a squat rack and 300lbs of weights.

My Ride
    Corvette

Originally posted by TL911

Do you mean GoodLife in Beacon Hill or Anytime Fitness on Symons Valley Rd?

I've heard the GoodLife there is super packed most nights?