Quantcast
Seeking advice - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Seeking advice

My Ride
    2004 Volvo XC90

Question Seeking advice

I am seeking advice with the following situation:

It all happened two months ago (July 2009). My wife was backing out from a parking lot when she
    hit slightly another car that was backing at the same time. There was no damage on both cars, not even a scratch.
    It was a bumper to bumper very slight hit. I was not there but from what I heard from my wife I cannot tell
    whose fault it was. I guess they both did not see each other. Anyway although there were no damages, my wife
    felt responsible and gave her first name and home phone number to the other lady. She did not get the other's lady
    name or phone. here were no witnesses, neither they called the police. The other car was a rental car.

Today (September 22nd 2009) we received a voice message from the rental company. The phone number is from Toronto. We live in Calgary.
    In the message they say they have sent some claim for the damages on the car to us and because they haven't heard back from us they are calling.
    We never received anything.
    I am wondering how they would send it if they do not know our address. My wife gace her first name and phone number only.
    I do not know if the other lady got the license plates of our car.

My point is that it has been 2 months since it happened and it is a rental car. Who knows how many people have driven it since then
    and in how many accidents they have been. Now the rental company wants us to pay for all this.

Today I had a careful look at the rear bumper of our car. I could not find any trace from this hit, not even a scratch.
    And in the same time the rent-a-car company talks about damages. They are trying to screw us. This is the only explanation to me.

Now my question is what can and should we do in this situation.

Thank you for all answers.

if they're both backing at the same time with no damages then they're both fault.. u should call ur insurances to disregard the claim . and ignore the rent a car company..