Quantcast
Race City: Sept 25th (stolen items) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Race City: Sept 25th (stolen items)

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Default Race City: Sept 25th (stolen items)

I'd just like to take a moment to thank whoever decided they could take our toolset, 12v air compressor, and my buddy's suitcase with a weeks worth of clothes (and a jacket that was fairly special to him) from where we were parked while out at Secret Street Friday night.

If anybody has any information on where these items went, please PM me. They were next to a Jeep Grand Cherokee (I'd say 1998-ish) that was fairly close to the tech motorhome/trailer and we had talked to the owners asking if it was ok if we left our stuff next to their vehicle (not on, or in it, just beside it). We came out to have fun and show our support (my buddy drove down all the way from Whitecourt), and ended up out a couple of hundred dollars of items. I can honestly say I don't think we'll be back to Secret Street in Calgary, simply because since we have to travel over an hour there (for myself, his trip was 5), we will be bringing tools, parts, clothes, etc, and if we can't take them out of the vehicle without that stuff being stolen, it's hard to justify coming out.

My Ride
    /85' Corolla GTS AE86 - 20V /06' X-Runner

Sorry to hear about your loss, but the world is full of dishonest people as well, keep your things locked up - you don't know who you can trust. I hope you get them back though.

Anyways, did you contact Race City to see if they picked it up?

Ray

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

To be honest, being smack dab in the middle of the two cities, I would rather go to Castrol anyway. Sucks you got your shit taken.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by 5fivespeed
    but the world is full of dishonest people as well, keep your things locked up - you don't know who you can trust. I hope you get them back though.

Anyways, did you contact Race City to see if they picked it up?

Ray
    Ray, just to point out, where am I supposed to lock items up at the service area at a dragstrip when you can't race with said items in your vehicle? I have NEVER (and, fair to say you don't know me, but I have been to and competed at dozens of motorsports events since I was 16 without an issue) had anything of mine taken. Its the nature of grassroots-esque events that stuff will be lying around. Thats my point; I saw a lot of sketchy people at Race City that night, and I should have known better. I assumed that we would be safe, just like at Castrol (where I always leave my $300 toolkit at my "service" area). Nonetheless, thanks for the support. We did talk to a couple of the Race City officials, including going into the main office to give contact info etc.

As a reminder, if you have any info about the items in my OP, please PM me!

That is low. What a piece of shit.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

We have a lot of garbage in this city, I'm not talking landfill stuff either. If I hear anything, I'll punch them in the face, try and get your stuff back, and let you know.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    is Invisible

Sorry to say but this seems like your own fault.

If i knew i had a couple of hundred dollars worth of stuff in my trunk, and nowhere to stash it safely i wouldnt have raced. If it really came down to it i would of asked one of the people that come with a trailer and give em 20 bux to keep it secure in there.

Keep a lookout on usedcalgary, buysell.com, kijiji.ca, craigslist.com for your stuff!

Originally posted by adidas

If i knew i had a couple of hundred dollars worth of stuff in my trunk, and nowhere to stash it safely i wouldnt have raced. If it really came down to it i would of asked one of the people that come with a trailer and give em 20 bux to keep it secure in there.

Keep a lookout on usedcalgary, buysell.com, kijiji.ca, craigslist.com for your stuff!
    I know how long Hitempguy has been around in motorsports. We both got into it at about the same time and have never heard of or had any prior issues.

Not saying anything about drag racers or trying to label people, but I think it's a "certain demographic" that the sport attracts.

My Ride
    81 Z28

Originally posted by PremiumRSX

Not saying anything about drag racers or trying to label people, but I think it's a "certain demographic" that the sport attracts.
    Actually, that's bullshit.

On a typical "Drag race" day at Race City or any other track I've been to in my life, I'd say you could safely leave a $20 bill on your windshield & the only problem you'd have in the 30 people who'd track you down to let you know it was there.

But on a Friday night.......

Very different crowd & it getting stolen by some looser in the first 5 minutes would be a safe bet.

it's the difference between people part of a club who plan to come back, and people who think that they'll never been seen again at the same place.

what i don't understand is why someone would come to the track in support of a good cause then act like complete shit heads which has the opposite effect.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by syritis
    it's the difference between people part of a club who plan to come back, and people who think that they'll never been seen again at the same place.

what i don't understand is why someone would come to the track in support of a good cause then act like complete shit heads which has the opposite effect.
    Agreed.

Fucking lowlifes, may their balls wither and drop off.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by adidas

Wow, so when someone gets something stolen from them its their own fault? I know its just your opinion but its pretty harsh. Lets look at your reasoning.

I understand how leaving it out contributed to it being stolen but it is IMO not at all his fault that a lowlife piece of shit decided to steal it.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Originally posted by gregh

Actually, that's bullshit.

On a typical "Drag race" day at Race City or any other track I've been to in my life, I'd say you could safely leave a $20 bill on your windshield & the only problem you'd have in the 30 people who'd track you down to let you know it was there.

But on a Friday night.......

Very different crowd & it getting stolen by some looser in the first 5 minutes would be a safe bet.
    Sorry this is what I was trying to say, I just wasn't being clear.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

sorry to hear things like this happen at a special event.
    wow i left the windows on my car open that night thank God nothing was stolen.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

From that tv show called "jacked".

They had a bait car, left the keys in it and running, and he said

"You shouldn't do this, but really - you have the right to leave your keys in your car and not have it stolen"

So true. I hope you get your things back OP.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by scat19
    From that tv show called "jacked".

They had a bait car, left the keys in it and running, and he said

"You shouldn't do this, but really - you have the right to leave your keys in your car and not have it stolen"

So true. I hope you get your things back OP.
    It's true but the world just doesn't work that way, and anyone with a shred of common sense wouldn't leave their keys in their car... Although I hear a ton of people get their cars stolen that way. So that speaks volumes about the general public.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Sentry

It's true but the world just doesn't work that way, and anyone with a shred of common sense wouldn't leave their keys in their car... Although I hear a ton of people get their cars stolen that way. So that speaks volumes about the general public.
    Thank you for lumping me in with the general public. If you knew me, you wouldn't say these things. But you do anyways, thanks to the anonymity of the internet. Nonetheless, clearly you are in the minority here, what with your opinions and all.

It is a little different as well, leaving tools and items in a service area (which is where you are supposed to leave things), compared to leaving your keys in the ignition. But again, I wouldn't expect you to understand otherwise, seeing the world so vividly in black and white.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I didn't say anything about your situation, I was talking about people who leave their keys in their car.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

ALSO I KNEW I RECOGNIZED YOU, YOU'RE ON TEAMSWIFT.
    Last edited by Sentry; 09-28-2009 at 06:07 PM.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

damn sorry to hear, having lived in whitecourt before i can appreciate that drive only to have your shit stolen. fuck those pieces of shit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast