Quantcast
So... Quixtar/Amway thing incl'd Andrew any suggestions? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: So... Quixtar/Amway thing incl'd Andrew any suggestions?

My Ride
    2008 G35

who said i was a MLM queen darlin?
    don't go hatin' on what u don't know ^^
    Breathe deeply and live in the moment. It just may be the meaning of life!

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ your welcome.
    Yeah thats the dumbed down version, even though it does give a much more concrete understanding of it. I can explain it great detail as I know how it all works very well. I haven't forgotten one bit.
    I didn't want to get too technical as that took a bit of time to write, and I didn't want to bore anybody out of reading it.
    Great writeup, Graham.

It's my impression that salespeople are pushed to buy training materials and attend seminars in order to increase their volume, the cost of which lines the pockets of the uplines, even more significantly than product volume.

Are you able to comment on this aspect?

Originally posted by ^^JasmineL^^
    no hun ^^

i just like to have some intellectual stimulation too, if u know what i mean hehe

pic? for intellectual stimulation purposes.

My Ride
    2008 G35

Originally posted by JEFFRIX

pic? for intellectual stimulation purposes.
    so what you are saying is that you require pictures to stimulate your intellect?

lol sweetie. awwww *hugz*

yes mam

...waitin....
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my stuff for what I said I paid for it."

so what you are saying is that you require pictures to stimulate your intellect?

lol sweetie. awwww *hugz*
    Let's see if you understand this... Tits or GTFO

My Ride
    2008 G35

<-- hun, is that your picture? ^^

Last edited by deaftone; 10-19-2009 at 05:11 PM.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

So to summarize:

Graham_A_M brings up a bunch of tangible points/stories/encounters/evidence to point out what low life scam artists these guys are.

They refute these stories by calling him a homosexual with a speach impediment and a slutty sister.

Well done not stooping to their level man. You just made them look stupid.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    If he'd ever want to talk with me (as I have been one before leaving it) then send him to me, I'd have no problem going over the facts with that MLM scam with him over coffee some day
    sounds like someone is trying to MLM MLM...

j/k, i just noticed that both times these morons tried to get me they used "we should sit down for coffee and go over how you can be a successful independant business owner"

My Ride
    an econo box

Originally posted by three.eighteen.

sounds like someone is trying to MLM MLM...

j/k, i just noticed that both times these morons tried to get me they used &quot;we should sit down for coffee and go over how you can be a successful independant business owner&quot;
    Did you have to pick them up too because their car insurance went NSF??

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by bspot
    So to summarize:

Graham_A_M brings up a bunch of tangible points/stories/encounters/evidence to point out what low life scam artists these guys are.

They refute these stories by calling him a homosexual with a speach impediment and a slutty sister.

Well done not stooping to their level man. You just made them look stupid.

Its not hard to make that 30 year old Andrew Yip look bad... seriously I didn't even have to say much of anything, he just kept coming back over and over again doing it entirely himself. Yeah, picking on my mild stuttering problem is very characteristic of what kind of person he really is, that along with all of his homo-babble to which you all saw for yourselves.
    The REAL funny part is? I dont even have a sister, legally OR biologically. Thats another testiment to how sharp he claims he is , and BTW, that was him the WHOLE time, not a single other person. 88coupe, Mitchyboy, Thisisnotandrew... its all been him trying to direct the "conversation" his (or shall I say "their") way.
    I just found it very amusing (and awe-inspiring) that he thought he was under the radar the whole time, to which nobody ever put two & two together to grasp that that WAS Andrew Yip trying to slather me for stating the facts about him, his ethics and the business he represents. I know Andrew and the business extremely well, and I'd honestly appreciate if he was to take anything I've said EVER up this point and try to refute any of it. I've not once ever exadurated or said anything that wasn't true. In fact if I wanted to toss more shit on Andrew I can go on and on as there are (honestly COUNTLESS) other ultra-unethical and selfish (etc) things that he's done that I haven't even mentioned.

Originally posted by Legless_Marine2

Great writeup, Graham.

It's my impression that salespeople are pushed to buy training materials and attend seminars in order to increase their volume, the cost of which lines the pockets of the uplines, even more significantly than product volume.

Are you able to comment on this aspect?
    Absolutely I can. And yes thats very much true, I'll explain how it all works in the paragraphs following.
    One of their sayings is "If you aren't CD of the week/book of the month then you're not serious about building this 'thing' "
    (I'll tie back into that after this)
    There are these rah-rah type seminars that happen 4 times a year at various places through out the world.
    Some of these (as an example) would be "Free Enterprise Day /F.E.D." down in Portland Oregon right about now I believe it is.
    There are countless other big stadium sized get-togethers featured around north America.... all for boosting sales & revitalizing peoples commitment & energy to Quixtar/Amway.
    There, these multi-millionaires in the business show off their bling bling & talk about how you too can do it and be what they are. Problem is, it takes quite honestly a stadium amount of people in your organization to fund that sort of lifestyle, which takes decades and decades of commitment. A level to which 1/30,000 IBO's will ever achieve. However its clever business practice (&quixtar tactic) to make it look that anybody and everybody WILL at some point achieve that, just so long as they keep doing their monthly volume and meeting people.
    The way pyramids work: you and I know VERY well thats impossible... there will ALWAYS be broke scrubs at the bottom hocking products and inciting people to join while making nothing: its just how that business model works.

Anyway, these people that give these long (recorded) speeches to these audiences may have the chance to have that speech chosen for this "CD of the week" release. Of course the profits from that are not disclosed, but think about several million people each paying $10 to receive your speech on a CD. What happens if you (or they) get $.50 cents for each CD that is sold... and each additional copy that is sold through their educational material website, being www.bww.com. Think about how much that equates to.
    Its absolutely incredible, as their income from Quixtar/Amway is easily dwarfed by the profits they make from their rah-rah speeches translated to both CD and tape.
    I forget the youtube video that has an interview from a Quixtar/Amway higher up (typically "Diamonds" or above) but he discloses this himself, as even his name is disclosed: one that I remember from Quixtar/Amway.
    If were to search for it I'd be able to find it... but its out there somewhere.

How this all relates back: is that when a person develops three people with businesses doing at least 7500PV/$20k a month consumer spending: that key individual is considered to be whats known as an "emerald", as I mentioned in an earlier post.
    Once this person reaches "emerald" status: they get a portion of all the CD profits flowing through your downline organization. I dont know how much exactly, but it definitely adds up when you have 300+ people on that book of the month/CD of the week program. I can assume it works out to a couple thousand a month in extra added income. See how important this is? it works great for insuring everybodies passive income in the business, except those below you. Clever isn't it?
    Thats why buying CD's & Books online (outside of from your upline Emerald) is deeply frowned upon.

Since its money he/she COULD be making off of you, but instead you're giving it to someone else.

I very stupidly (go ahead and laugh, I deserve it) acquired countless thousands of dollars in CD's, and now have 100-200 or so in both tapes and CD's.
    How much would I get from them on ebay? $150 or so.

Its because of that golden rule that keeps the money in the pockets of your direct upline.
    Very frustrating for guys like me that want to be rid of their Quixtar/Amway garbage, but have a hard time doing so thanks to a very well thought out rule in the business.

Yeah as you can tell, Quixtar/Amway is a very well oiled, very well thought out money making machine for people that are great at deception. To this day Im still awe-struck by how well thought out everything is.

3600 views of this thread
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 10-19-2009 at 08:05 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    2008 G35

wowwww......that is insane. is everyone forced to buy the CD/books as a condition of their employment with the MLM? or is this optional? ^^

If they sold the same product elsewhere, wouldn't you be able to scam the company by buying your own CDs at lower cost and selling at their shitty cost? (But better none at all)
    Last edited by almerick; 10-20-2009 at 01:51 PM.

My Ride
    Zoom Zoom ...

wowwww......that is insane. is everyone forced to buy the CD/books as a condition of their employment with the MLM? or is this optional? ^^
    It is optional, but encouraged ... strongly encouraged ... very strongly encouraged.

If you're serious about building your business, wouldn't you want all the tools that would help you 'suck seed' ... I mean succeed. I mean, you already spent the money to become an IBO, what's a few more dollars a week to provide you with the best, most awesome educational material that's out there. And if you're serious about becoming successful ... I mean you're already buying some incredible wisdom on a weekly basis ... what's a couple more dollars for the book of the month. Now we're talking! Now you have the tools to build the business to the next level. Unless, of course, you're truly serious about your success, because let's face it ... information and education will only get you so far ... what you need is TRUE MOTIVATION, that you only get from the free enterprise day and other similar awesome awesome rallies! You just have to experience that ... that ... pilgrimage ... it is a right of passage for the truly committed (in more ways than one ). You spend endless hours waiting for that enlightening spiritual moment when you get a passing glance of a diamond walk by in flesh and blood.

You see ... your upline IBO organization is committed to help you 'suck seed'

The impact of the marketing of these tools should not be underestimated by any means. Many financial charlatans (such as Robert Kyosaki and his Rich Dad Poor Dad diatribe) rise from the unknown abyss to become best sellers. What a delightfully appropriate symbiotic relationship of the ignorant and the idiotic.

Originally posted by Ghearraidh

Many financial charlatans (such as Robert Kyosaki and his Rich Dad Poor Dad diatribe) rise from the unknown abyss to
    Kyosaki seemed to have some good ideas: Invest in yourself, invest in your future, financial safety is financial mediocrity. He packaged it all up nicely and presented it well.

What makes you call him a charlatan?

What makes you call him a charlatan?
    1) He sells most of his books to the poor MLM folk...

2) How about that he can't keep his own story straight?

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html
    Wow, that was a good read.

It's worth noting that most of the attacks were on his character, not on his advice.

I think that his ideas are generally sensible, although like anything, rote or slavish adoption can cause difficulties.

Like Bruce lee said: "Take what you need, discard the rest".

My Ride
    2008 G35

Like Bruce lee said: &quot;Take what you need, discard the rest&quot;.
    exactly hun - i think that everything has something we as individuals can gain from, and as long as we could identify and capitalize on it...we should be thankful. ^^

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Funny you guys mentioned that book profiteering.

Thats also a very common new trend that was starting to surface right before I exited the business.
    Quite often: with *SUCH* a colossal number of people on this "book of the month" program: people have been creating books exclusively JUST for Quixtar/Amway IBO's.

Such as "how to overcome fear of meeting people & showing the business plan" and the like. Decent third party books such as ones by Napoleon Hill, Og Mandino (etc etc) are phased out, and now IBO's can be taught, motivated or informed from the control of Quixtar/Amway & its so-called Amway university called "BWW" itself. Its also very profitable to do for authors as well, as if the educational materials council (www.bww.com) like your book then you'll earn a very healthy paycheck if they choose yours for the book of the month program.
    Hence the very exclusive target market that a lot of small time writers are working towards getting a piece of.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast