Quantcast
Home Shelving Help - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Home Shelving Help

My Ride
    Lease

Well, when you patch it up, you might as well add a big piece of board in the backside, so there's something for a regular screw to grab.

Originally posted by dj_rice

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Those are concrete anchors.

With that hole, the butterfly anchors TomCo suggested will still work, just make sure to get ones with wide enough arms.

My Ride
    Lease

Or why not just do it Azn-man stylz, and just fasten a 12" long 2*4 on the wall, and just let the rack sit on top of that. So quick, so simple, so cheap. Peter Chao will mother fuck love it.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by atgilchrist

Those are concrete anchors.

With that hole, the butterfly anchors TomCo suggested will still work, just make sure to get ones with wide enough arms.

Not sure how these are concrete anchors when it says HOLLOW WALL ANCHORS and in the top corner says "Use For Drywall/Gypse Tabla".....and pretty sure butterfly anchor isn't going to work anymore, look how big the hole is, even with the arms open, the screw is going to move up and down when the closet is attached....my only choice is patching it up with plywood behind it
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Or why not just do it Azn-man stylz, and just fasten a 12" long 2*4 on the wall, and just let the rack sit on top of that. So quick, so simple, so cheap. Peter Chao will mother fuck love it.

Normally I would do that, but if I sell my condo, in the end I'll have to fix it then, so might as well fix it now and I got a sheet of drywall + drywall screws + 2 planks of wood from the contractors at my work, now to borrow and drill...will post results soon, I just hope its not results like, HEY GUYS I JUST DRILLED INTO MY NEIGHBORS CONDO LOL
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Try a screw type drywall anchor. It looks something like this and should fit that massive hole that you have made:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride

Originally posted by sml
    Try a screw type drywall anchor. It looks something like this and should fit that massive hole that you have made:

No dice, the hole is now the size of a loonie and there is no screw THAT big that can fix it....

My Ride
    Lease

Is this thing fixed yet or what?

My Ride

Is this thing fixed yet or what?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/282786/in...ork-wcb-claim/

not for awhile

My Ride
    Lease

Ouch, well, rest up.

My Ride
    Lease

Is this fixed yet? I'm gonna be your home reno motivator trainer

My Ride

Is this fixed yet? I'm gonna be your home reno motivator trainer

I start my 2 weeks vacation tomorrow so hopefully within those 2 weeks I motivate myself to do it finally, getting sick of all my shit on the floor

My Ride
    POS

Here's how you can fix that. Buy one of the brackets shown in the pic that the guy is screwing in from homodepot. Now the trick is to use it on top as a anchor support and not on the bottom like the picture. The support will hold fine because now the shelf will rest on it. You should be able to get close enough to the corner so you can screw it into the wood, or use a butterfly screw for it if you can't find a stud to screw into. You can the support on the bottom if you want, but it might get in the way of hanging clothes, either way will work. Now you can put your end bracket back so the big hole doesn't show. If you are not sure what I'm talking about I'll snap a pic for you.
    Last edited by topmade; 12-24-2009 at 01:15 PM.

My Ride
    Lease

You get this fixed yet? Or you willing to pay to get up there and take care of that shit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2