Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealing from self checkout

My Ride
    Skateboard

Westgate is the rectum of the SW.

Originally posted by msommers
    Fuckin NE people

My Ride

I think i've "stolen" once or twice because there is like 8 different types of onions on the list and I sure as hell don't know which one i picked it up. It was a f'ing onion - I didn't know there was going to be quiz.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by psycoticclown

Hell yeah. The difference though is staggering, $5 worth of groceries vs a $1.25 million dollar car. Hell, I'm pretty sure most people would call you retarded for not stealing that with no consequences. People will kill their parents and brothers for that kind of money.
    People will and have killed for less than $5. The amount is irrelevant IMO.

Originally posted by 97'Scort
    If it's taking something with zero consequences, that's a gift, not theft. Not really the best comparison.
    A gift is the act of someone GIVING you something. My point was being able to take something without penalty. The car is still not technically yours.

Originally posted by G
    Westgate is the rectum of the SW.
    Theft only occurs in the NE dude, thus impossible to be SW.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by G
    The Walmart at westgate removed all the self check outs because of high theft rate.

marlborough walmart did that too. now they have like 6 speed check outs and 1 line that goes, *DING! please go to check out #3*

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by Pihsiak

marlborough walmart did that too. now they have like 6 speed check outs and 1 line that goes, *DING! please go to check out #3*
    With only 1 of the 6 checkouts open.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Stealing from a self checkout is pretty pathetic.

Default Re: Stealing from self checkout

Originally posted by cgyITguy
    (now im not saying that I do it)....but I do know a lot of people that steal from self checkouts. It seems relatively easy, just stuff extra items in the bags or put things through by weighing them as bananas. Anyone ever got caught doing this ? or see anyone doing this ?

A long time ago back when items had adhesive price tags with no bar codes, our high school constable said that swapping price tags was fraud which is a more serious charge than theft.

Isn't this considered fraud, when you enter bananas for a more expensive item?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I use self check out all the time...never stole from there as I just like the convenience...hope they keep them around and catch all the fuckers who steal, making these companies remove self-checkouts. I would love to work undercover at some of these places haha

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

wow...it's not stealing from self checkout, lol, it's stealing from the store haha.. a lot of people here need to get in touch with reality.. who the fuck steals for fun? just wynona rider, aside from her, not very many people, people steal because they need to.. either they have no cash, or less then no cash (debt out the ass)... fuck I used to steal from grocery stores all the time, not because I thought I was cool. it was because I was broke as fuck and still gotta eat!! sure I didn't need to eat 30$ steaks, but might as well go out with style.. most grocery stores don even have security, and it's too easy to steal from them, get a basket or two when you walk in, walk around, fill with favorite items from the 4 food groups, and proceed to walk out the front door. it's almost as easy as stealing Internet or sat tv..I didn't stack up to make a profit, I just took what I need yo make it through the week, same thing with gas, I used to gas and go too.. ohh man, hard to say it was all my fault, fucking banks wanted all my money, so what am I supposed to do?

whoever said if you can't afford food just go to the food bank, I doubt they have ever been to one... it's not like a free grocery store or something.. what if they have nothing for you?

fuck it I gotta say peace to the thieves, looking over there shoulder when walkin down the street, we gotta even out the worlds economy 'how we do that?' with a little bit of larceny.

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

to all you theives, karma will back and bite you all in the ass 10 fold.

i remember accidentally walking out with a small bag of coffee wedged under the baby seat. I felt so bad I went back and bought another and as i was walking out, i dropped it off on the return to shelves cart.
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by codetrap
    "Takes note of all the people here who seem to not understand that stealing is stealing no matter how you try to justify it, and to never do business with them ever."
    This

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Dammit your the fucker who caused the great plastic bag shortage of '09!
    Probably

I was determined as fvck that day to get as many plastic bags for my inventory as I could. Normally when shopping at HD I'd take an extra 1 or 2 and be reasonable, but fvck, if you're going to start charging me, then I'm going to take as many as I can fit into my car without management throwing a fit at me (poor self-scan attendent though, you could see that he wasn't quite certain if he should ask me to not take as many bags or not ..... guess they didn't have a policy about how many bags a customer can take )

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

Originally posted by blueripper6
    wow...it's not stealing from self checkout, lol, it's stealing from the store haha.. a lot of people here need to get in touch with reality.. who the fuck steals for fun? just wynona rider, aside from her, not very many people, people steal because they need to.. either they have no cash, or less then no cash (debt out the ass)... fuck I used to steal from grocery stores all the time, not because I thought I was cool. it was because I was broke as fuck and still gotta eat!! sure I didn't need to eat 30$ steaks, but might as well go out with style.. most grocery stores don even have security, and it's too easy to steal from them, get a basket or two when you walk in, walk around, fill with favorite items from the 4 food groups, and proceed to walk out the front door. it's almost as easy as stealing Internet or sat tv..I didn't stack up to make a profit, I just took what I need yo make it through the week, same thing with gas, I used to gas and go too.. ohh man, hard to say it was all my fault, fucking banks wanted all my money, so what am I supposed to do?

whoever said if you can't afford food just go to the food bank, I doubt they have ever been to one... it's not like a free grocery store or something.. what if they have nothing for you?

fuck it I gotta say peace to the thieves, looking over there shoulder when walkin down the street, we gotta even out the worlds economy 'how we do that?' with a little bit of larceny.

My friend,.. I was in poor shape a few times and had never resort to stealing to survive.

Yes I've even used the food bank numerous times when I couldn't afford to buy food for my family, as well as lived off of a couple of welfare cheques. I am embarrassed to say I have been down that road in the past, but will still use my story to make a point.

Never stole internt at the time,.. just didn't have it. Never stole tv at the time,..we just didn't watch it.

We made sacrifices so we could better ourselves in the future, and not fall into the trap of evils in society.

You sir, have bad Karma - I know it works, I've done some terrible things in the past and even now - 10-20 years later, I'm still paying for it.

I'm not rich now, but living a comfortable life for my family.
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by barmanjay

My friend,.. I was in poor shape a few times and had never resort to stealing to survive.

Yes I've even used the food bank numerous times when I couldn't afford to buy food for my family, as well as lived off of a couple of welfare cheques. I am embarrassed to say I have been down that road in the past, but will still use my story to make a point.

Never stole internt at the time,.. just didn't have it. Never stole tv at the time,..we just didn't watch it.

We made sacrifices so we could better ourselves in the future, and not fall into the trap of evils in society.

You sir, have bad Karma - I know it works, I've done some terrible things in the past and even now - 10-20 years later, I'm still paying for it.

I'm not rich now, but living a comfortable life for my family.

This is what builds Character, if you go through life taking the easy way out your gonna turn out to be a useless little spoiled shit.

Whats that Cheesy old saying, It doesn't matter if you get knocked down, its getting back up that counts.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Originally posted by msommers
    A gift is the act of someone GIVING you something. My point was being able to take something without penalty. The car is still not technically yours.
    Then it's an logical absurdity. If you can take something with an acutal certainty you will never ever have to face consequences, then that's the same thing as a gift. Since this would never happen outside the walls of a half-assed psychology midterm, it's not even remotely relevent to what's being discussed here.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

The guys on here who think "it is no big deal" will be the first ones to whine and cry when they get busted I can picture the sob thread already. Pathetic

Originally posted by 97acura
    The guys on here who think "it is no big deal" will be the first ones to whine and cry when they get busted I can picture the sob thread already. Pathetic
    How can you get busted? If you get stopped, as long as 1/2 of your cart isn't stolen, you can insist you scanned it and the machien must have missed it/be defective/etc... ;unlikely they'll detain you if you start throwing a fit and blame the machine

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

How can you get busted? If you get stopped, as long as 1/2 of your cart isn't stolen, you can insist you scanned it and the machien must have missed it/be defective/etc... ;unlikely they'll detain you if you start throwing a fit and blame the machine
    You would be surprised.

...lol to be honest I never even thought about stealing from a self checkout, never actually crossed my mind.

But fellas, is it really that big of a deal charging some cheaper onions? Who really gives a shit. It's already incredibly expensive to LIVE in this place, we already get raped in everything from food prices, to gas prices, to movie prices, to drink prices (no i dont want to go down to the back alley just to drink cheap).

To the biblical fanatic preaching the golden rule: You can't tell me that you haven't stolen music from napster, limewire, kazaa ,etc. Or ate a piece of chocolate at a grocery store, or even stole a napkin or some shit from a gas station. He who cast the first stone........fuck it, what is that quote again?

^ That is a shitty analogy. Grow your own fucking food if you are concerned about prices.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast