Quantcast
Stealing from self checkout - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealing from self checkout

luxor Guest

Originally posted by blueripper6
    I'm not surprise beyond is full of a bunch of pussies! sorry for not being scared to take $150 away from a company that will sell 20-40k worth of shit in a day, booohoooo, I feel bad for the owners of the grocery stores I have ripped off, but I'm sure you guys feel worse... LOL. I did what I had to do, thankfully I don't have to steal anything these days, I don't regret anything I took, because I needed it.... it's funny how afraid people are of breaking some laws, but others they aren't afraid. most common laws broken = petty theft, drinking and driving, beating up your wife, and spitting... now which one is worse?? I guess i'm the bad guy for stealing a few groceries when OUR government is stealing from us, and nobody cares about that! so fuck you pussies, go to church if ya scared can I get a woooop wooop
    Yup spoken like a true trailer trash, I thought so. Get a life you loser.

Originally posted by zipdoa
    or an MP3 player, of which the majority (if not all) are taxed as well. And generally the media will end up on one of the two.
    No levy is collected on MP3 players. It was proposed that a levy for those be added, along with harddrives and flash memory, but the change was rejected by the Federal Court of Appeal in 2008. They determined that an MP3 player wasn't an "audio recording medium" since it doesn't just store the recording, it's also the player. The other types of storage were rejected because it couldn't be said that storage of music recordings was their typical use. This means that MP3 players are cheaper becasue we don't have to pay a $5 to $75 levy on them, but it also means that downloading music onto one isn't protected by Section 80 of the Copyright Act. The levy is also not collected on DVD-Rs. The list of what the levy is collected on and the amount collected is listed here.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by R154
    Semantics. blah blah.. or downloading an entire season of entourage? You canceled your movie packages on tv for one. Two you sure as hell arent buying the series on DVD/Blueray from HMV are you? blah vlah..
    I poked around in the CanLII act for this exact purpose, and from what I understand, it's not illegal to download or distribute television shows provided you aren't charging for access to it. As soon as you start making money off it somehow, then you gotta pay royalties.

This is of course just my interpretation, if you are a lawyer and can make better heads or tails of this, then I'll happily stand corrected.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

I am not a lawyer, nor am I qualified in any way shape or form to make an interpretation on the law or the bill. Logically speaking, my understanding of this is that if you must pay for something, and somehow you have managed to procure it with out paying for it or having been given it, then it is stealing in its meaning and intent.

I am not trying to say that it should be outlawed or that people are felons for doing so, but consideration must be applied. The same people who are so preaching about not stealing, are in themselfs hypocrites if they are downloading music and watching pirated movies, regardless of the legal mubojumbo. Stealing is stealing, whether you are caught doing it, or a loophole exists.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by R154
    I am not a lawyer, nor am I qualified in any way shape or form to make an interpretation on the law or the bill. Logically speaking, my understanding of this is that if you must pay for something, and somehow you have managed to procure it with out paying for it or having been given it, then it is stealing in its meaning and intent.

I am not trying to say that it should be outlawed or that people are felons for doing so, but consideration must be applied. The same people who are so preaching about not stealing, are in themselfs hypocrites if they are downloading music and watching pirated movies, regardless of the legal mubojumbo. Stealing is stealing, whether you are caught doing it, or a loophole exists.
    if I download a song which I already own on a peice of physical media, is it stealing?

or, a stretching the theme a little more, if you could clone meats, produce, milk products, etc, and share them with people, would that be stealing?

this is (obviously) why the "stealing is stealing" argument doesn't work very well when it comes to filesharing (which is aptly named so, as 'filestealing' would be a incorrect description of the nature of P2P)
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

this thread is funny... someone even Msgd me asking for tips cause there broke as shit. hahahah morality police LOL

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

if you could clone meats, produce, milk products, etc, and share them with people, would that be stealing?
    That's just awesome right there

this thread is funny... someone even Msgd me asking for tips cause there broke as shit. hahahah morality police LOL
    Sounds like a date!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

If you can't do the Time don't commit the Crime.
    I
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

??? ^^^^^^ what you posted is less productive than what I posted... what do you guys think about racking up a ton of debt and never paying it back, or claimig bankruptcy? is that stealing too?? I was thinking about doing that, you could probably get like 40-50g cash before they stopped giving you money LOL. fill out every credit card application you can, get the cash withdrawls going and report the card stolen... haha? what do the morality police think of that?

Originally posted by codetrap

I poked around in the CanLII act for this exact purpose, and from what I understand, it's not illegal to download or distribute television shows provided you aren't charging for access to it.
    Television shows are protected under the Copyright act. They're both cinematographic works and dramatic works. Downloading and distributing them infringes the copyright holder's exclusive right to produce, reproduce and distribute those works. Even if you don't make any gains.

Under our Copyright Act, it's also an infringement to record TV shows with your VCR or PVR and watch them after they're broadcast! Luckily, the copyright owners aren't willing to face the public backlash that would happen if they tried to enforce that right.

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

Originally posted by barmanjay

Thats right,.. everything is always someone elses fault and you need to be the robin hood so you can eat. BS ---- no, it was my fault.. only making 2k a month when my rent/insurance/medical/car/credit card/overdraft was over 2k a month.. I was in serious debt with no cashflow whatsoever.. I get a paycheck and it's gone the same day with out even buying myself a pack of smokes LOL. I was hurtbag back then, what else to say

Have you even thought about using services that are available to you? like what? appl for government assistance and wait for that shit? It would take way too long, I gotta eat, and now. I am diabetic and my blood sugar is low haha

Have you even gone to the food bank? no, I would rather people who have morales like yourself get there food there.

Have you asked the government for some cash to hold you over while you look for a job? Welfare? Hey playa, yea I asked them for cash, they must have not recieved my text message because my phone was cut off or something. Maybe I got the number wrong, what is it again? I did have a job, I just wasn't making enough and was forced to move, got behind on bills.

On a side note in regards to our gov stealing from us,... do you even pay taxes? yes I pay taxes, I work... that means I pay right sir? on a side note, some people in our government spend our money like it's not thiers.

You're not the bad guy for stealing a few groceries, you are the bad guy for not leaving that as a last resort and acting like a total douche defending your immature acts as if they are good for society. $150 is a days wages for an employee. DUDE, you can make $150 a day working at a grocery store? WHERE?? I will work there lol, that's more like wages for 2 employees, which is why I don't care about them. They rape there people, they make way too much profit to pay most employees sub 35k a year. Plus I'm not stealing there wage off there paycheck am I? so that point is irrelevant. how am I acting like a douche? because I stole? LAFF.. lord jebus, pls forgive meh for teh sins I done.

You my friend are NOT a class act, and Karma will come back and bite you in the ass.

By your attitude, you seem like the guy who would break into a car to steal some CD's because you think the owner doesn't need/deserve them and you NEED to listen to the new *****. "that's ok,.. he drives a nice car, he can afford the insurance and a new window and definitely buy a new cd" by your attitude, you probably think that you are a much better person then everyone else because yoouuUURRRR MR perfect. and no... I wouldn't do what you said here, it's retarded that you would make that assumption because stealing from coop and stealing from the nieghbors m3 are a wholenother ball game

Kindly stop trying to act all cool and gangsta,.. it's backfiring, otherwise, go fuck yourself and get hit by all of the above mentioned vehicles. right, I'm acting gangster. this just proves you are out of touch with reality, how in anyway is being so broke u need to steal groceries gangsta? that sounds hurtbag to me, and it was. otherwise I hope you get hit by a cement truck so I can scrape your flattens remains off the ground and email them to your dad reminding him that he should have raped your mothers mouth instead of her pussy.
    I love beyond. ppl get quite offended when they disagree with someone else. I love making idiots think for a whole hour trying to reply to something blueripper6 said... funny!

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

I love beyond. ppl get quite offended when they disagree with someone else. I love making idiots think for a whole hour trying to reply to something blueripper6 said... funny!

.... can we get a woop woop please then?
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

if I download a song which I already own on a peice of physical media, is it stealing?

It is actually 100% legal to download something where you already own the physical media. By purchasing a CD you have purchased the rights to personal use of the media contained, and can download the music again and again legally.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-14-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Originally posted by RY213

It is actually 100% legal to download something where you already own the physical media. By purchasing a CD you have purchased the rights to personal use of the media contained, and can download the music again and again legally.
    Unfortunately, this isn't true in Canada. I think that in the US it is true under their "fair use" provisions. Here, aside from the exemption from putting music onto blank media that the levy has been collected on, our Copyright Act is not so generous. Our "fair dealing" provisions only provide very limited exceptions for educational, critical, news reporting and research use. There is no other exception, including for spaceshifting (changing where your music is stored (except of course for putting it on media where a levy was paid) - including uploading to your MP3 player!) or timeshifting (recording on your VCR to watch later). Thankfully, the copyright owners don't really try to enforce these rights, but they could if they really wanted to.

Okay, I'm going to try and stop hijacking this thread with copyright discussion now.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Agreed... somebody bragging about this is a fucking retard and probably lives with Mom enjoying a pretty shitty existence.

I don't like getting stolen from, so I don't steal. What comes around goes around.... Karma always serves these guys in the end.

lol, I do that as well; out of principle... mostly at the till.

Charging for bags in the name of the environment is just cover for the latest cash grab... bags to carry your stuff out should be fucking free. I buy like 120$ worth of groceries per week it is a slap in the face insult for them to make you pay 25 cents in a piss poor effort to make people change their habits; It is totally unjustified.

I have been confronted about it a few times, I tell them exactly that. Then I ask them; if they want the bags back please... empty my 120$ worth of stuff out of the bags into the cart and then don't expect me to come back next week. Where I shop on a regular basis they don't bother me anymore.

What next; is McDonalds going to start charging for that piece of paper on your meal tray? What about Starbucks charging for the paper sleeve? How about a fee for montly replacement for the mat in front of the till at the gas station?

The line has to be drawn, fuck these idiots charging for bags.
    actually it would be more like mcdonalds charging you for the bag when you get food to go
    Sig nuked by mod.

Originally posted by Crymson
    I think i've "stolen" once or twice because there is like 8 different types of onions on the list and I sure as hell don't know which one i picked it up. It was a f'ing onion - I didn't know there was going to be quiz.
    lololol!

thanks for making me laugh out loud in the middle of work

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Originally posted by adam c

actually it would be more like mcdonalds charging you for the bag when you get food to go
    Im sure at some point it will get to this, they already charge me for packets of mayonnaise. They will argue not every customer needs a bag for their order, so you will get charged a dollar if you need one.

Last edited by J NRG; 10-21-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Beyond
    belief
    reason
    but not beyond puberty.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast