Quantcast
Hey guys, ever get sick of living in 'woman-ville'? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, ever get sick of living in 'woman-ville'?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Women get one ladies night a week at bars.

Men have three locations of the French Maid with naked women on stage all day every day.

Still think we're getting short changed?

Car Show?

RV Show?

Gun Show?

Monster Truck Show?

Motorcycle Show?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

When I was living in Winnipeg I would go to St Joseph's Mens Club with my friends (who were members of the church there) and it was always really good.

Average guys getting together to bowl, shoot pool, play cards and have a few beers while watching the game on TV.

With no women around, guys could say whatever they wanted and hang out without having to worry about wives or girlfriends.

I think male camaraderie is really something that has fallen away as a result of feminism going over the top and protesting everything that is for "men only". Guys need places and times where they can be guys without women around watering it down.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Car Show?

RV Show?

Gun Show?

Monster Truck Show?

Motorcycle Show?
    Hmmm yeah as a woman I have attended 4 out of the 5 of those listed events. Not really 'men only' type things, are they?

If women want equality they should start paying for shit, not that I mind but I'm just saying. (I know there are some exceptions)

Originally posted by 89coupe
    The only people who care are people with insecurities. WTFC's LOL
    That may be the case. However there has been a real decline in "men's only" clubs, events, golf courses and stuff over the past decades.

The real question is why aren't there gentlemen's clubs (that aren't strip clubs) or golf courses where women are banned?

Should there be?

Is our society better for always being full inclusive of both sexes? Or allowing women (but not men) to have exclusive gyms and other clubs?

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I hate feminists. You want equality, pull out your own chair and open your own car door. I don't see what the fuss is about, women have a rights and are able to vote, what more do they want?

In all seriousness though, I notice, but I don't care., I dont think alot of guys care either. Neither sex should feel short changed regarding mono-gender clubs, events and places. It's all relative - Women's Only gyms, Men's Health Clubs, gentlemen's clubs, ladies night, NBA, WNBA.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Noticed, always thought it was a bit hypocritical to demand equality and in one direction and not the other - such is the special interest group mentality.

Really don't care though.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by 97'Scort
    I have yet to see a woman at the gun club. Just sayin'.
    Really?
    There are a few women who I've shot with who shoot IPSC. One of them is a little old white haired lady that shoots hand rolled ammo in her .38 Super that makes my .45ACP seem like a pellet gun. haha
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by sputnik

The real question is why aren't there gentlemen's clubs (that aren't strip clubs) or golf courses where women are banned?

Because real men don't like sausage parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Not really bothered, cuz there are logical reasons for things like women's gyms and ladies night.

It makes sense that there are enough women who hate being ogled or hit on when they go to the gym that there would be a demand for a women's gym, but I highly doubt that there are enough men saying "Damn, I hate going to the gym because the women just keep checking me out and trying to get in my pants, and make me feel so objectified" to create a demand for a men's gym.

And ladies night exists because bars usually have more men than women and use ladies night to balance it out. There is no similar motivation for a men's night.

As for women only groups and societies, as has already been said, there are plenty of clubs that while they would accept women, they're generally only men, and most men don't have a desire to join any women's clubs. It does seem kinda unfair in principal though, that if a man wanted to join a women's group they could reject him on basis of his gender, but if a gun club did the same to a woman there would be an outcry. I think that if someone wants to make a men's only group or gym or anything for whatever reason it should be allowed. In reality though this doesn't affect me so I don't really care.

The only thing that bothers me about men vs women in todays society is how the media tends to portray husbands as lazy, selfish idiots. I'm a bit hypocritical for bitching though cuz I love family guy.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Still think we're getting short changed?

Car Show?
    RV Show?
    Gun Show?
    Monster Truck Show?
    Motorcycle Show?
    These are simply interest-based. There is absolutely nothing that indicates women are not welcome to these events. It is the same reason why you don't see a lot of men at bridal fairs and figure skating.

It really comes down to those who feel they or people like them in the past have been oppressed. In Canada, this will generally be women, and people of colour.

Because the past has been less than rosy, it has been taught to these people (probably by their parents for a large part) to fight the oppression.

Hence, you see Black awards, and Women's fitness clubs. You see the fairly passive fighting of this oppression, even though no realistic evidence it still exists to any reasonable degree.

In my opinion, having these gender or race-specific venues is really not much better than the original issues that instigated them in the first place. Black people used to have their own water fountains. Now they have their own award shows.

I believe at this point in our cultural progression, these specific groups are actually a detriment to the issue. They segregate these demographics from the rest of society.

I personally think it is absolutely idiotic. But on the other hand, to fight against it would simply make me yet another person needlessly battling against those who choose to fight me, as a caucasian male. Could you imagine the uproar if there was ever a white-only award show? Even the concept of such an event is ridiculous beyond words. Personally, I refuse to perpetuate the retardedness.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 10-14-2009 at 09:51 AM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Are you kidding? Vegas clubs put women on their tabs and the dudes all have to pay big cake or get bottle service to hang.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Because real men don't like sausage parties.
    Not all men creep on teenage girls or cheat on their wives/girlfriends.

A bunch of guys getting together is only a "sausage party" to those that aren't getting any.

This is something that bothers me.

My wife and I have memberships at GoodLife Fitness.

We pay the same amount.

However, because she is a woman, my wife has access to more clubs than I do. Why am I as a man subsidizing the "womens only" clubs? Shouldn't my membership be cheaper?

Originally posted by atgilchrist

Linda Henderson!
    Feminism tree...I am shocked that I remembered that!

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by Melinda

Hmmm yeah as a woman I have attended 4 out of the 5 of those listed events. Not really 'men only' type things, are they?
    I know those events aren't "men only" but you have to admit that the large majority of people there are in fact men and the shows are mostly marketed to me.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

only time it bothered me was when I tried to join a female only bible study group in hopes to have intercourse with one or all of the members.

the female only thing was a big hurdle, but there was also the challenge of trying to block out what they were saying and debate religion without being thrown out of the club.

Originally posted by TurboD
    only time it bothered me was when I tried to join a female only bible study group in hopes to have intercourse with one or all of the members.

the female only thing was a big hurdle, but there was also the challenge of trying to block out what they were saying and debate religion without being thrown out of the club.

HAHAHA. you da man

the only time its pissed me off is this "woman and wheels" night class at sait about mechanics just for women, but they offer no mechanic night classes for guys

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

The only thing that bugs me is that women working in a business setting are allowed to wear shorts in summer, but men aren't. The extra air flow might help reduce the occurence of bat wings.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I get upset at the bathrooms at work. There are 2 right next to one another. You go in, lock the door behind you and it's your own private bathroom while you're in there, it's not public. Yet they put W on one door and M on the other. WTF? Why are they separated? Why can't you just use whichever one is free?
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast