Quantcast
Anyone have any opinions on the Mazda Dealers in town? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone have any opinions on the Mazda Dealers in town?

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Andrea @ the service counter seems to be a bit more on the ball than some of the others (For instance the guy who tried to upsell me a transmission flush at my first oil change at 6000kms. Fucking idiot lol). I would suggest talking to her about your service needs.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My girlfriend bought her Mazda 3 from Sunridge, she recommends them to everyone

My Ride
    Zoom Zoom ...

Originally posted by meowmeow

Good to hear there treating people well. BUT by Servicing at Kramer/North Hill/Stoney Trail your feeding the same mouth at the end of the day.
    How so? Are all three dealerships owned by the same folks? I thought they were independent of one another.

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by Ghearraidh

How so? Are all three dealerships owned by the same folks? I thought they were independent of one another.
    Same family owns all 3. Stoney Trail was formerly Northside Hyundai but it was the titanic when it came to sales as a hyundai franchise

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by syritis
    You took a 20 year old rotary to the dealership. I think thats your problem right there.

Northhill seem to be the best but i have yet to experience their service department. They actually call you when your parts arrive. Karmer failed to do that for me, i had to call in a few times just to check if its even available.

My Ride
    Zoom Zoom ...

Well ... my first service at Kramer was fairly uneventful. No problems so far.

The sales manager at Northhill is a friend of mine. He hooked up a few people from my work with solid deals.

If you want, PM me and I'll get you his info as well as mine for a reference.

My Ride
    lemons.....mmm ...sour

Originally posted by Tomaz
    Andrea @ the service counter seems to be a bit more on the ball than some of the others (For instance the guy who tried to upsell me a transmission flush at my first oil change at 6000kms. Fucking idiot lol). I would suggest talking to her about your service needs.

Hi Tomaz! Thanks for the kind words

We do actually try at Kramer....seems to be hit and miss and a lot of the "ball dropping" seems to be due to the high turnover rate.
    Glad to anounce we have a new service manager who is very keen at change for the better....so hopefully our issues will all be soon resolved..

As for those people with the 2004 RX8s.....yes unfortunately they are semi problematic...and if you fall into the wrong hands of a poor service writer seems to make the experience less then stellar so pick wisely! Some service writers almost cringe when the RX8's get towed in....

However I drive a 93 RX7 and am happy to report they do my basic servicing and take wicked care of my car. There's a master tech here named Merlin and one named Rob who have been with us since the very beginning and they are both super intune to the rotary engine.

My Ride
    G05

Kramer's hit and miss in the service department, sales was alright. But they do try to regain your trust, but I am still kinda bitter about one incident this year. Had a 6pm appt for a oil change, of course I said I would wait.... after 1.5 hour of waiting, I went up and ask about the status. At that time it was brought to my attention that they were unable to have it completed that day and I had to waste my time to come back AGAIN for another 1.5 hour for the oil change.

Apparently my 3 hours of waiting plus travel time / time cut out from my day was only worth a free oil change and a exteriro wash....

But at least I've always been dropped off to my work instead of the LRT....

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by Archea

Hi Tomaz! Thanks for the kind words

We do actually try at Kramer....seems to be hit and miss and a lot of the "ball dropping" seems to be due to the high turnover rate.
    Glad to anounce we have a new service manager who is very keen at change for the better....so hopefully our issues will all be soon resolved..

As for those people with the 2004 RX8s.....yes unfortunately they are semi problematic...and if you fall into the wrong hands of a poor service writer seems to make the experience less then stellar so pick wisely! Some service writers almost cringe when the RX8's get towed in....

However I drive a 93 RX7 and am happy to report they do my basic servicing and take wicked care of my car. There's a master tech here named Merlin and one named Rob who have been with us since the very beginning and they are both super intune to the rotary engine.
    No problem! You have always taken care of me and Stephanie!

I hope that your new service manager is able to step up to the plate! The sales experiance was amazing, I hope that Your service department will soon follow suit!

Anyway, I will see you on Friday for Steph's second oil change!
    Beyond's Most Wanted

Bought my speed3 from them last year and it went fairly smooth. The sales guy I was dealing with was a little flaky and right before I signed the papers, he left the dealership. Ken (sales manager) helped sort everything out.

Service has been alright for me. I also have issues where they forget to call you when your parts arrive, but other than that it seems alright. George from the service department has always been very helpful and hasn't forgotten to call me when my car was finished.

Keep in mind, I usually drop my car off in the morning, go to work, then pick it up after. I've never sat there and waited for an oil change.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I had problems with service department at Kramer a few years back too. Last time I went, it seemed to be improved and it looked like they had an overhaul on their staff. I don't go there anymore since it's so far away from my house.

I've been to Sunridge quite a bit after my terrible experience with Kramer. I have no complaint there.

Now that Stoney is open, it's my first choice since it's minutes away from my house. Like others said, they are not very busy so it's easy to book appointment. I did have problem with them at one point and they handled it professionally.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Mibz
    Kramer fucked me twice and I'll never drive a Mazda again because of it.
    Sunridge fucked me once and I'll never drive a Mazda again between that and the fact their cars as a whole aren't built to last.

My brother bought and gets his car serviced at Kramer, no complaints from him so far

My Ride
    White AE92

Great to hear everyone's experience with the different Mazda dealerships in town. I want to bring my '02 Protege5 in for it's 72,000km service and I live quite close to Stoney Trail Mazda. Anymore experiences or comments on STM's service department? Sounds like at least they're not that busy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2