Quantcast
Harsh ride after wheel alignment - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Harsh ride after wheel alignment

My Ride
    2012 Lexus IS-F

Default Harsh ride after wheel alignment

My Lexus 2007 IS 350 ride SEEMs fine was after upgrading to Lexus F-Sport front and rear sway bar and installing the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (replacing the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S), but became harsher (feels more bumps in the road) when it was properly wheel aligned.

Tire pressures are exactly at manufacture specifications. During the 2nd alignment (after the first alignment didn’t work), they had to remove the front tires off the rim and switch side. Initially, all four tires were nitrogen filled, but because of the switch the front tires are filled with regular air.

Anyone has suggestion as to the cause (Tires, Sway Bar, etc)

My Ride
    MB C63

Most likely the sway bars.

It's usually a trade off for handling over comfort when it comes down to suspension upgrades and they sway's are usually what makes the biggest different from bearable to harsh.

My Ride
    2003 VW Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg

I'm assuming you didn't take it to Crappy Tire? I had balancing done there, and when I left, it felt like I had square wheels.

My Ride
    2012 Lexus IS-F

Been to crappy tires for wheel alignment, they tired 2 times and it was never fixed. Took it to Toyota and they fix it in one try. Never been there again, this time the wheel alignment was done by Fountain Tires... is it normal for them to NOT give me the wheel alignment results? I asked for it but they said they only keep it for themselves.

My Ride
    2012 Lexus IS-F

Just installed my Winter Tires... the ride is alot better... much like what it used to be. Damn the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus tires ... I had the Pilot Sport A/S and that was fine.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Default Re: Harsh ride after wheel alignment

Originally posted by jadeboy
    My Lexus 2007 IS 350 ride [...] became harsher [...] when it was properly wheel aligned.[...] Initially, all four tires were nitrogen filled, but because of the switch the front tires are filled with regular air[...]
    LOL @ this.

Oh marketing..
    Last edited by Pollywog; 10-13-2009 at 11:12 PM.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

People ask a million questions about alignment sheets, especially when we can't get them to factory specs, even though its impossible once its lowered.

I give them to customers, but I dont print the factory specs with them.

Also if they had to rotate your tyres inside to out, they had unusual wear which is damn hard to compensate for.

Alignments are as only good as the tyres and suspension they are connected to.

Your problem is its lowered and you are looking for excuses beyond the parts you have on the car to blame.

My Ride
    2012 Lexus IS-F

LOL @ this.

Oh marketing..

What's so funny.. I tried to provide as much information as I can.LOL @ this.
    Last edited by jadeboy; 10-13-2009 at 11:20 PM.

My Ride
    2012 Lexus IS-F

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
    Your problem is its lowered and you are looking for excuses beyond the parts you have on the car to blame.
    Unfortunately... the tires are not lowered... but it would definitely look better if it's lowered...

Also forgot to mentioned... They charged about $100 for the 1st alignment which didn't fix the problem (almost no different).. then they charge me about another $50 for the 2nd alignment because they had to remove and switch tires.. Is that normal?
    Last edited by jadeboy; 10-13-2009 at 11:29 PM.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Originally posted by jadeboy
    LOL @ this.

Oh marketing..

What's so funny.. I tried to provide as much information as I can.LOL @ this.
    You also didn't tell us what kind of fast food you were enjoying as you noticed the sudden change in ride. Wendy's maybe? that could be it. Also, did they use a different type of lug nut perhaps?

Lol, just giving you a hard time - the fact that the two tires in the back are nitrogen filled and the ones in the front are atmosphere filled would not at all create or lead to the ride issues you are speaking of pending constant air pressures among all four tires.

My Ride
    2012 Lexus IS-F

Originally posted by Pollywog

Lol, just giving you a hard time - the fact that the two tires in the back are nitrogen filled and the ones in the front are atmosphere filled would not at all create or lead to the ride issues you are speaking of pending constant air pressures among all four tires.
    I thought of ignoring the nitrogen information initially (I didn't think it would make a different either), but I reconsidered and instead try to provide as much information as possible.

Yup, the sway bars are to blame. A big sway bar will really destroy the ride (which is why the factory usually chooses moderately sized ones.)