Quantcast
Review: Sushi King - All you can eat - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Sushi King - All you can eat

Default Sushi King - All you can eat - review

-quck write up @ work-

After my horrid experience(s) with sushi bbq inn, I decided to do a review of sushi king to let people know the difference in quality.

First the price is 25.00 a person with a 10% tip, or 15% tip if there is more than 8 people. Price is very reasonable and average in calgary, same price as sushi bbq inn.

There is more choices for food than bbq inn, such as just Shrimp tempera, unlimited sashimi orders (but limited amounts per order).

Service was decent, but it would be considered excellent if compared to bbq inn. I mistakenly ordered something i did not want, and the waitress took it away with no problem or saying she would "charge me this and that". No angry look when i asked for a new order sheet, or gave her another filled out order sheet. Each time i ordered my food, i had EXACTLY what i ordered. I had over 5 separate orders, not one of them were short. I order by 15/20 pieces .

As for food quality, it is the BEST (for all you can eat). Hands down. I do not need to say much once i load the pictures. The salmon sushi had HUGE slices of salmon, thick and wrapped the entire peice of rice (more than enough to wrap the rice actually). The rice was not too big, nor is it compacted (and still big) to hell like sushi bbq inn. As for the cooked food, it was even better then bbq inn, because it gives you what you actually order while quality/taste is about the same (bbq inn = ordered 10 ORDERS of short ribs, and got 8 or 9 pieces...do the math)

*Edit pictures*

The menu is a little funny...

Each order took under 5 minutes to arrive, while it takes 5 minutes for the workers at sushi bbq inn to send in the order.

At the end of the night i had rice all over my plate due to my messy eating, i would say about 3-4 sushi worth of rice. The lady who took my plate did not even mention anything about it, unlike sushi bbq .

*please bare with the constant comparison to sushi bbq inn, it is because i have never had service to that extent, therefore in thanks to them, I MUST emphasis there way of business*
    Last edited by Power_Of_Rotary; 10-15-2009 at 06:12 PM.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

for reference to my other thread:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/277985/16...-and-bbq-inn-/
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I would have to try again to see how much they improved. It's good that they have unagi though! From the pictures, it's still a bit hard to tell if they have improved "that" much but I may have to give it another try. Good on them for taking customer recommendations and trying to improve.

I was there a while back.
    I thought they had a really good menu, If I remember the thing that stuck out for me was that they had soft shell crab roll.

but I found that they had a bit too much rice and some of the food was kinda bland.

I guess I could give them another go.

It's nice that you took pictures. Wish anyone was doing that for their reviews. I wouldn't mind pictures of the interior of the restaurant neither....to show the ambiance, etc.

Originally posted by 2fast4me
    It's nice that you took pictures. Wish anyone was doing that for their reviews. I wouldn't mind pictures of the interior of the restaurant neither....to show the ambiance, etc.
    thanks, i took pictures since i was planning on doing the review and it only took a couple seconds to snap one. Il keep in mind next time to take pictures of the surroundings.

thanks for the review, the pics are awesome. i'm just wondering why you guys basically only ordered salmon? at any rate, it looks super scrumptious! next time though, you should post this in the review section (it helps organize the reviews vs. all the other general food threads).

EDIT: i love the shot of the menu, that is effing awesome.

My Ride
    Ram

I love spicy miso sashimi there

My Ride
    M3/C300

I went there 2 weeks ago. the Sunomono's tasted like ass. Some of the sashimi was not fresh at all.

But their rolls/sushi is decent. I actually really liked their Spicy Scallop Cone, which didnt have too much rice in it like all the other places, i liked it so much i had 4 cones within the night.

It's not AWESOME but it's decent AYCE, will prob go again soon.

-nonlinear
    I got a lot of salmon because its my favorite haha
    i did try to order as much of the other stuff as possible, but i had gotten way too full because my gf was watching me a quarter way thru, fighting a one man team in AYCE is not easy

yes the place is not as great as sushi hiro and such, but by far this is one of the best for AYCE in calgary

Seeing this makes me want to go eat some sushi at sushi king

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

better than sumo on 10th ave?

Sakui77 Guest

The place is pretty good, but the Udon and Curry Don however made me cry, too bland for my liking

My Ride
    shoppin cart

cravin shushi mang now

Sushi King's environmental health inspection report - fairly good.

Sushi BBQ Inn's environmental health inspection report - ummm, certainly not at the Sushi King's level.

Sumo Ten environmental health inspection report - not very good reports either.

For Calgary and area restaurant inspections - click here, other Alberta locales - click here. Lots of good information.
    Last edited by speedog; 10-17-2009 at 08:17 AM.

there is no point in comparing to sushi bbq inn.. the place is total garbage and i will not let them earn a single penny off me again.

sushi king is great, however i will continue to try out different places once in a while.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
    better than sumo on 10th ave?
    Wondering that myself. I really enjoyed Sumo. Very clean, staff was nice, great selection. Includes AYCE menu items as well (soup, spring rolls, tempura etc) Alot of rice though, but no bitching by the staff.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I like Sushi Ichiban... 23/all you can eat, and the food is always great. I go once a week.

Ill have to try sushi ichiban sometime.

The only all you can eat sushi I went to was sushi tokyo....which was horrible

Going to give sushi king a try today

just got back from sushi king.

not bad

still pretty bad.

service: 3.5/5
    Value: 2/5
    quality: 2.5/5

first rant, the shrimp tempura we got wasn't even cleaned...meaning the shit tube shrimp have was still in the shrimp... kinda gross and the shrimp was so puny and small compared to the amount batter it had honestly the shrimp was pencil thin and stretched out to the max.

i know how to prepare the tempura shrimp since watching the chefs do it at sushi boat (used to work there back in the day)

second rant, the baked oysters looks good when it came out. I dug in and found low and behold a piece of oyster probably the size of a quarter. You could see where the cuts of the damn oyster. Now looking at the shell looks like its been reused many many times. Meh dont really care about the shells as long as it was sterilized.

udon, bland like said above.

the so called steak i had to order like 5 orders myself. one order was probably the size of your palm and paper thin.

sushi was decent, definitely nothing extraordinary.

only good thing i guess that i was happy with is that the pop comes in a big ass glass.

Probably won't be going back. The place wasn't gross like Sushi Tokyo, but it definitely not that good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast