Quantcast
Drags Wars Comments ? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drags Wars Comments ?

My Ride
    Probe

Default Drags Wars Comments ?

I enjoyed the show , even though there was no so called " burn out compition, bikini contest, glow off " i still had fun seeing all the cars!
    but one thing REALLY ticked me off, when you say its a 100% import event and if domestics come you will turn them away THEN DO IT!
    i saw camaros, mustangs, pontiacs GTP's, none of those are so called DOMESTIC IMPORTS., i was ok with the cav's and the neons cause thats understandable... but come on, and the fucking harlies that ran time and time again on the IMPORT street racing event really pissed me off!

all in all great event, i wish it was held in red deer cause you could tell they rushed to get that sight ready to hold all those people, the best was the guy with his backyard barbeque.. that guy must have made a killing..

anyone who missed it, you should have came out it was worth the drive!
    but any other comments ?

My Ride
    Probe

Oh ya , i would also like to mention a probe got second place, only losing to a turbo charged3rd gen Rx7 in the drag racing...
    can anyone say booyaa :p

My Ride
    bmw m3

What did that probe have ?

My Ride
    Probe

Cold Air, P&P Intake Manifold, Head Work, Header, Full Exhaust, and a 55 shot.... He ran a 14.5 on his stock 16 inch rims/wheels, and lost to the RX7's 13.7 i believe

i dont like the sound of probes with headers the v6 gt's anyways, nice to see that silver one kickin some ass, btw kronyk your cars lookin SOoooooo good

Originally posted by ConVict
    Cold Air, P&P Intake Manifold, Head Work, Header, Full Exhaust, and a 55 shot.... He ran a 14.5 on his stock 16 inch rims/wheels, and lost to the RX7's 13.7 i believe
    No offence ment to the owners of these cars, they obviously put a lot of time and work into their cars to get in to the point they are now... BUT if 13.7 was the fastest car out there this show sounds like it was pretty bunk in terms of 'drag warz'. If this event wasn't changed last minute and moved so far south undoubtedly there would have been better/faster cars there. Hopefully if this happens next year it will be in central alberta with a set time and place that can't/won't change.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

btw the drive there was the fun part i think...... o well the vids should be up pretty soon

My Ride
    money-pit

there were cars faster than 13.7 thats for sure
    lots of the cars didnt enter the drag..or stay till the end to recieve a ranking. oh yeah just soo you know the rcmp drag car ran a 10.8
    No and Im not like them....

Originally posted by MYKN
    there were cars faster than 13.7 thats for sure
    lots of the cars didnt enter the drag..or stay till the end to recieve a ranking. oh yeah just soo you know the rcmp drag car ran a 10.8
    The dodge dart (I think it's a dart, maybe it's a ply duster?) from EPS went down there? Or was it an rcmp car? I didn't know they had a car. Thats pretty damn cool.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    BMW E70

I'm burnt...
    had a good time though. I shoulda ran my car just to see what kinda numbers I could get out of it...

My Ride
    2008 Accent hatch S

First of all I am new to beyond.ca and second of all. I had a blast out there today. Shame there was no bikini contests or burn outs. Hope next year is twice as much fun and I hope I have a better car that I could enter in the race other then my domestic tank on wheels.
    OFFICE ARITHMETIC

Smart boss + smart employee = profit
    Smart boss + dumb employee = production
    Dumb boss + smart employee = promotion
    Dumb boss + dumb employee = overtime

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by T-rus
    Shame there was no bikini contests or burn outs.
    i don't know about u, but most of the girls i saw at drag warz were pretty damn ugly
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

All around It was pretty decent, for $5, it was alot better than some other shows that were $10-20. The racing part was kinda lame, because you couldnt see what the times were,and I dont know how accurate they would have been anyway, But I guess you cant really expect much with what they had to work with.
    That Hyabusa was sweet to see, that guy was huge! Those
    RX7's were Really nice, as well as many ohter cars,(Supercharged MR2, the crazy Civics, CRX's, Teg's as usual) That F&F Eclipse....err....I Mean.....Cavalier made my Day.

He sure has some sweet taste in wheels hey Gavin?
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    01 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Yeah It was a Good Time and I also Was Dissapointed in Seeing Camaro's There But if you Let in Supras and Rx7 Which are not Sport Compacts then I guess you have to let in some Camaro's But the Drive down Was Fun It was Nice to Meet Some New People and check out there Rides.

My Ride
    Corolla

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    i don't know about u, but most of the girls i saw at drag warz were pretty damn ugly
    Just because they turn you down don't mean they are ugly!!! You know you want them!!!

My Ride
    2014 GLK350, 2013 GL550, 07 SL65AMG, 2013 f-150

I guess you have to let in some Camaro's
    They turned me away. I wasn't allowed in with the Roush.

My Ride
    AP1

ConVict:
    I think you have to take into account that a bnuch of cars left before the Eliminations started for the 1/4 mile event:
    Including:
    1993 Mazda RX-7 w/a Apexi Single & EVERY MOD
    1994 Toyota Supra TT that was BPU
    BPU means Basic Performance Upgrades for those who don't know. Anyone know what the fastest time was and what car because we left early and didn't see who one everything.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by importadrenelin
    ConVict:
    I think you have to take into account that a bnuch of cars left before the Eliminations started for the 1/4 mile event:
    Including:
    1993 Mazda RX-7 w/a Apexi Single & EVERY MOD
    1994 Toyota Supra TT that was BPU
    BPU means Basic Performance Upgrades for those who don't know. Anyone know what the fastest time was and what car because we left early and didn't see who one everything.
    He knew that. Probably just forgot to mention it

I had a LOT of fun at Drag Warz!! I originally intended to just do the Show&Shine but when I saw how few cars there were I entered. The fact they let some bikes run and a Camaro or whatever, meh, it wasn't a big deal. There was wayyyy more people watching than showing/racing...

I had 3 runs on the strip. 1st against a fellow Talon owner new to the area (he beat me on the launch, I suck LOL ). The 2nd was against the sweet blue RX7 with major mods and I actually "won" that race - only because he was sleeping at the tree :p - that was a BIG thrill to run him!! 3rd race was against a heavily modded WRX with STi kit - I beat him on the launch but he took me in 3rd gear - still a great race!

I'll be posting my pics in the Photo Gallery section. If ANYONE has video of my races PLEASE post it or contact me - thanks!!

PS. It was great meeting some of the Beyond.ca crew before we headed down including RGAGT and the Azncowboy.

i have video i just need someone who can put it all together

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast