Quantcast
McDonald's Coffee - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: McDonald's Coffee

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Default McDonald's Coffee

Every morning I sit in the 5-10 minute que at TimHortons to either grab my coffee fix or a bit of breakfast. The last few days I've been gritting my teeth at how ridiculous this ends up being sometimes, and I don't want to seem like every other die hard timmy's fan that is willing to wait in kilometer long lineups for days on end.

The last few days I have been frequenting the Mcdonalds close-by which tends to not have much if any of a lineup since TimHortons invaded the area. Im surprised to say this, but I am finding all of their food much more consistent. At Tims, sometimes you order a double double and it tastes like you are eating straight liquid sugar with a side of coffee. With McDonald's coffee, I haven't ever gotten a cup that didn't taste like the last.

The hashbrowns are also a good example. At tim hortons they are always soggy, and sometimes barely luke-warm, whereas at McDonalds its those huge hashbrowns that are super crisp on the outside and super good on the inside - all the time.

So the biggest thing that surprised me other than the food consistency is that the coffee just downright tastes better. It's always the same, its delicious to boot, and to top it off, they have the best hot liquid cup design. The cup is layered multiple times from top to bottom, rather than being a single layer paper cup from Timmy's that leaves your coffee cold in 30minutes, or the single layer + cardboard sleeve at Starbucks doing pretty much the same thing. The Lid is also superior to all, being much more secure on the cup and not leaving coffee drips allover your cupholders and surrounding area.

Summary: No more waiting forever in line at Starbucks or TimHortons - McDonald's coffee is cheaper, better tasting, and stays warm for over an hour.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I have yet to try McDick's coffee but I've heard from a lot of people that it tastes really good!

Do you have a hashbrown every morning with your coffee?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Originally posted by msommers
    Do you have a hashbrown every morning with your coffee?
    Usually just a coffee, but sometimes I'll grab one of those breakfast sandwiches from TimHortons with a hashbrown, or an EggMcmuffin with one at McDonalds. Hashbrowns rule.

This may sound blasphemous, but I don't think Timmy's coffee is even that good.

Originally posted by Pollywog

Usually just a coffee, but sometimes I'll grab one of those breakfast sandwiches from TimHortons with a hashbrown, or an EggMcmuffin with one at McDonalds. Hashbrowns rule.
    Tims Hasbrowns aren't even worth it, but their breakfast sandwiches on a bagel sooo goood

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

You must be hitting the wrong lines at starbucks because I would say out of all the coffee shops there the most efficient. Im a huge starbucks fan because I drink espresso and they make it the same every time, but I have heard good things about mc dicks normal coffee. I personally cant stand tim hortons and think there coffee tastes nasty.

Not to sure how if this is an option but my cousin changed from getting coffee from these places and bought one of those new machines that you put in little plastic containers that have grounds in them and push down the leaver and in 30 sec you have a fresh coffee and then just throw out the little container.

My Ride
    Axis powers

McDonald's BLT Bagel with Sausage on it is
    Sig nuked by mod.

McDonald's coffee is actually fairly good, i enjoy it.

My Ride
    Zoom Zoom ...

Originally posted by buh_buh
    I don't think it's blasphemous at all ... I don't like their coffee either. I prefer Starbucks or Second Cup (I'll admit I haven't had McD's coffee yet ... perhaps it's time I give them a try, too.)

Speaking of which, what's a good alternate place for donuts or muffins? I stop in every so often to pick up a box for the office ... although I don't like the lineups, what really grinds my gears is that they only accept MasterCard and not VISA (I know ... petty).
    Last edited by Ghearraidh; 10-20-2009 at 09:40 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Ghearraidh

I don't think it's blasphemous at all ... I don't like their coffee either.

Speaking of which, what's a good alternate place for donuts or muffins? I stop in every so often to pick up a box for the office ... although I don't like the lineups, what really grinds my gears is that they only accept MasterCard and not VISA (I know ... petty).
    Many may disagree with me, but when I was working for CODA (Canada Olympic Development Association) I would always go and grab donuts for the crew at the Robin's Donuts across the street from Paskapoo. Great coffee and huge tasty donuts in comparison to TimHortons. Haven't been by there in a few years, don't know if that location or any other Robins exist in Calgary atm.

Originally posted by snoop101
    Not to sure how if this is an option but my cousin changed from getting coffee from these places and bought one of those new machines that you put in little plastic containers that have grounds in them and push down the leaver and in 30 sec you have a fresh coffee and then just throw out the little container.
    I tried one of these machines when I was in Japan and was surprised at how good it actually was. Not only that, if you felt like a different flavor one morning you just pop in the irish creme, hazelnut, or any of the other flavoured containers in there and in less than a minute its ready. I've seen similar models in town at places like HomeOutfitters, however I'm not too keen on buying something that I can't put my own beans into, especially with the variable of cost and production is solely dependant on the company that makes them.
    Last edited by Pollywog; 10-20-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Originally posted by almerick

Tims Hasbrowns aren't even worth it, but their breakfast sandwiches on a bagel sooo goood
    these.

My Ride
    Bicycle

McD fries their hashbrown

Timmy bake them and keep them in warm trays, that's why they are soggy. There is no deep fryer @ Timmys

McD coffee is better.

Starbucks Americano in grande FTW.

Originally posted by adam c
    McDonald's BLT Bagel with Sausage on it is

, THE BEST.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Starbuck Americano > Mcdonalds > donkeyshit boiling in hot water > Tim Hortons coffee.

Mcdicks breakfasts are gross though... too much grease.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Starbuck Americano > Mcdonalds > donkeyshit boiling in hot water > Tim Hortons coffee.

But it gives us an excuse to play more Mcdonalds Monopoly

My Ride

Originally posted by almerick

But it gives us an excuse to play more Mcdonalds Monopoly
    Got 13 codes in so far.

When not at home, my first choice for a regular coffee with milk/sugar is McDonalds.
    If I want a latte or something ultra-gay like that I'll go to Starbucks, but honestly I can't stand to drink the "mop water" that Timmies serves.

I've always had a consistently great cup at McDonalds and as mentioned, their new coffee cup and lid design is awesome!

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

The mcmuffin is about the best breakfast you can have.....lots of protein, not many calories....about 300 for a single sandwich.....Now in comparison a bowl of raisin bran with 1% (single portion of each) is 240, and it has alot less staying power then that mcmuffin.....

Just avoid the hash brown, its another 160
    Not everything is bad just cause is mcdicks!
    Last edited by TurboMedic; 10-20-2009 at 10:11 AM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

If you're concerned about the calories in the McMuffin, ask them to leave out the butter/margerine. It makes it a "decently healthy" alternative and the cheese still gives it enough flavor and moisture to choke down.

I felt like I was slighting all Canadians when I said I didn't like Timmy's coffee, but this thread made me feel at peace with my anti-nationalistic attitudes towards coffee. Thanks beyond.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast