Quantcast
New from Apple today.... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New from Apple today....

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I hated my mighty mouse... fuckin' pos.

but soooooooo glad I just sold my 24" iMac a couple of weeks ago. I thought about keeping it and just using my 17" MBP for work... now maybe I'll go pick up a 27"iMac for home.

Originally posted by LongCity
    Long shot but can you trade in older models and upgrade to the newer ones? Not too old of a model, say the first MacBook unibody laptop? I bet there's a black version of the polycarbonate body coming out soon that I'd wanna get.
    IIRC, WestWorld Computers on Centre St. does trade ins. Although, just like a car trade in, prepare to drop your pants and bend over.

My Ride

FACKKKKKKKKK I just bought my 17" MBP less than 2 months ago (probably 4 weeks) and it's 300 less now.

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

good thing i didnt buy anything last month,, now im getting the the new imac 27inch..
    63_TUNERS

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Why does everyone always act so shocked and surprised that computer prices drop and computers get faster/more powerful/better at the same time? Exact same thing happens all the time.

Although it definitely seems to be happening faster now that they are using intel chips.

Not at all surprised, dude....just sucks when you drop 3K on something and 3 months later better faster and cheaper comes out lol..

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Not at all surprised, dude....just sucks when you drop 3K on something and 3 months later better faster and cheaper comes out lol..
    This isn't exactly new for Apple.

They seem to upgrade and release new hardware on every platform at least every 6-9 months.

Just look at how many different iPods have come out since 2002. Apple is already on the 5th generation of iPod Nano and it originally came out in 2005.

When buying Apple hardware you just have to accept that it will be out of date and replaced within one year.

My Ride

Originally posted by blownz
    Why does everyone always act so shocked and surprised that computer prices drop and computers get faster/more powerful/better at the same time? Exact same thing happens all the time.

Although it definitely seems to be happening faster now that they are using intel chips.
    I'm not shocked... just pissed that I missed the price drop by 3-4 weeks.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Exactly. My 17" MBP was 33XX.00 tax in, and not 3 months, try 3 f'n weeks.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

It says 2.66GHz Intel Core i5..

Originally posted by sputnik

This isn't exactly new for Apple.

When buying Apple hardware you just have to accept that it will be out of date and replaced within one year.
    Never said it was new for Apple or that I don't accept it...it still sucks though, my machine is exactly 3 months old haha...it just stings a bit lol

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Originally posted by Jlude

I'm not shocked... just pissed that I missed the price drop by 3-4 weeks.

Exactly. My 17" MBP was 33XX.00 tax in, and not 3 months, try 3 f'n weeks.
    may and october have ALWAYS been the refresh months for apple. you NEVER buy near those months.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

This is why everytime I buy something like a new computer, I simply try not to look at a flyer/website/etc related to computers for at least 6 months because it is depressing. But it always happens and people still act surprised.

First computer I paid for myself was a 386 with I think a 4MB hard drive and I paid over 2k. Tought it would at least last through 4 years of school at that time. Not even close though. lol

My Ride
    98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

Any idea if I can hook up my cable box and watch TV through the iMac display? I wouldn't mind swapping my current computer setup for an iMac but my monitor is also the TV for this room

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

^^^

You cannot unless you purcahse a TV tuner. That device will allow you to connect a Coax cable to USB port (easiest and most popular way).

Or...

You could also use Slingbox, but that technology is really meant to watch TV other than your house, if you were interested in that as well. It uses your internet connection to transmit the cable data.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 10-21-2009 at 06:32 PM.

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Buddy of mine just bought a macbook pro 1.5 weeks ago. He called in yesterday because of the price drops and they refunded him $200

@JLude, I would definitely call in and see if there's something they can do for you
    Go Flames!

My Ride

Originally posted by bball2
    Buddy of mine just bought a macbook pro 1.5 weeks ago. He called in yesterday because of the price drops and they refunded him $200

@JLude, I would definitely call in and see if there's something they can do for you
    I will today.. Thanks!

My Ride
    Audi TT

Originally posted by bball2

You will only get a refund if it is within 14 days of when the new product was announced.

I've never been interested in Macs before since they always seemed a bit too pricey for what they offer... but the 27" is getting pretty tempting.

Does anyone know if the 27" monitors are going to be glossy or matte?

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by bobafixed
    I've never been interested in Macs before since they always seemed a bit too pricey for what they offer... but the 27" is getting pretty tempting.

Does anyone know if the 27" monitors are going to be glossy or matte?
    I'm going to take a stab at glossy. Macs are primarily strong in take rate where developers of new media and creative content is concerned. Lots of video and graphics. I'd bet that you'll only be able to get them with the glossy image filter on it.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

Yeah it's glossy. I don't understand why they wouldn't allow you to choose. Glossy is super annoying when there's a lot of light

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast