Quantcast
New from Apple today.... - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New from Apple today....

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by ChestRockwell

You will only get a refund if it is within 14 days of when the new product was announced.
    Called them earlier and that's what they said. Oh well.

FML...I can't stop staring at that 27" iMac...

The mouse is getting mixed reviews...didn't realize there were no programmable side buttons to wipe to desktop or for exposé...

Jlude, lets take comfort in this...we will wait for the blu-ray equipped ones instead ok?? Phew!

My Ride
    98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

yeah I dunno why Apple wouldn't add in a blu-ray drive (even as an option). It only makes sense with that screen

My Ride

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    FML...I can't stop staring at that 27" iMac...

The mouse is getting mixed reviews...didn't realize there were no programmable side buttons to wipe to desktop or for exposé...

Jlude, lets take comfort in this...we will wait for the blu-ray equipped ones instead ok?? Phew!

I don't even wanna talk about it... I'm happy I unloaded my 24" imac when I did... hahaha I bet that guy is f'n pissed though!

Side buttons for expose are critical on the imac...

That's exactly what I'm waiting for.

27", blu ray player, 2tb hd, 8gb ram, 1gb video card... oh baby.

Yes, you and I should form an Apple Upgrades Anonymous club lol...

That's the machine I'm waiting for too, although I have 8gb on my 24" right now...Ill want 16.

Any thoughts on whether the i7 is worth the $220 upgrade from the i5? Seems like a steep price to pay considering the actual retail price difference of the chips....

Wait a sec, they just pulled the quad core 27" iMac off the site....it was there yesterday. As far as the $220 difference, I dunno....it was similar to the 2.93 vs 3.06 when I bought mine in july, but the 3.06 also came with 1TB instead of 640gb and also had a better vid card.

EDIT: if you are on the iMac selection page on the store, toggle back and forth from the Mac Pro to the iMac page and the 4th selection, the quad core iMac comes back. As for the 2.66 to 2.8 upgrade for $220, apple used to charge over 600 to switch from a 2.66 to 2.9 for the quad core in the Mac Pro....I'd say it's worth it.
    Last edited by ZorroAMG; 10-23-2009 at 09:46 AM.

The sweet spot is the $1200 21.5-inch config. But don't upgrade that model beyond base without seriously considering the big bad 27-incher for $1700. And don't upgrade that one at all without considering the quad-core models; both look very promising at $2000 or $2200. Basically, the custom builds are not a great value until you get to the quads. Go cheapest, 27, or quad. But cautious folks will wait on the quads 'til we test them.
    http://gizmodo.com/5388567/apple-ima...yline=true&s=x

My Ride

good read

My Ride
    98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

Ahh screw my limited space... because of my hutch above my desk a 27" iMac wouldn't be able to fit. FML hahaha

Ah well, a 27" screen at only a couple feet away seems like it would just be too big. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the $300 for the 21.5" with 1TB and the better graphics card.

My Ride

Originally posted by pyroza
    Ahh screw my limited space... because of my hutch above my desk a 27" iMac wouldn't be able to fit. FML hahaha

Ah well, a 27" screen at only a couple feet away seems like it would just be too big. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the $300 for the 21.5" with 1TB and the better graphics card.
    my 24" imac was a perfect desktop, the 27 wouldn't be too big

So I went to the apple store and I left happy - no I didn't buy anything.

The 27" is gorgeous but it is not all that much larger than my 24" and definitely smaller than me having my 24" and my 23" ACD side by side. My office space doesn't fit the 27" next to the 23" and i can't go back to one display anymore.

Also, the 16:9 Widescreen looks rad but you lose desktop real estate it feels like...

Second, the mouse...it's nice looking and fits the hand great but it has NO programmable or side buttons. i use expose ALL the time and wipe to desktop with my mouse all the time too. Fuck, Apple, you invented the mouse, can't you make a perfect one yet?? 2 finger swipes left and right to move through browser pages etc is nice though.

They don't have the quad core yet, so all in all, I am no longer itching/needing the 27".

When they get quad with BR player and a 27" second display, I'll consider it.

GORGEOUS looking computers though!

My Ride
    Stock 240sx fastback SE

Second, the mouse...it's nice looking and fits the hand great but it has NO programmable or side buttons. i use expose ALL the time and wipe to desktop with my mouse all the time too. Fuck, Apple, you invented the mouse, can't you make a perfect one yet?? 2 finger swipes left and right to move through browser pages etc is nice though.
    Just rumors, but they may throw in magic mouse updates in 10.6.2. They didn't have it in last version to conceal the existence of the mouse release.

My Ride

So I went to the apple store and I left happy - no I didn't buy anything.

The 27" is gorgeous but it is not all that much larger than my 24" and definitely smaller than me having my 24" and my 23" ACD side by side. My office space doesn't fit the 27" next to the 23" and i can't go back to one display anymore.

Also, the 16:9 Widescreen looks rad but you lose desktop real estate it feels like...

They don't have the quad core yet, so all in all, I am no longer itching/needing the 27".

When they get quad with BR player and a 27" second display, I'll consider it.

GORGEOUS looking computers though!
    I too just got home from the Apple store (it was insanely busy) and this was gonna be my exact post.

The 27" is pretty amazing. I played around with it for a bit.. the mouse is great, except the programmable side buttons... /

My next apple product will be to upgrade my iphone... I'm still rockin' the 8gb 3G.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

im not going to upgrade until there is an i7 macbook pro 15" or 17". and if i can't hold out until then, the hp envy is looking pretty sexy

Spoon EK9, there are no buttons on the side. There is no update that can give you buttons on the side. Unless they come out with a new one shortly, this mouse is yet another mouse fail by Apple.

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

So here is a question, I have an aging PC that I want to get rid of and convert to the Mac Side of the force. I'm really eyeing up the 27" as it's simply gorgeous...

I'm ready to drop the hammer any day but I've heard rumors on various Mac sites that Apple is going to have a Black Friday sale with iMacs 25% off. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this or if they had any deals in Canada last on Black Friday?

Originally posted by RC-Cola
    I'm ready to drop the hammer any day but I've heard rumors on various Mac sites that Apple is going to have a Black Friday sale with iMacs 25% off. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this or if they had any deals in Canada last on Black Friday?
    Apple?

Having a sale?

If anything it will be the bottom rung iMacs that might get a price adjustment.

The notion that one will get 25% off is laughable.
    Last edited by sputnik; 11-19-2009 at 09:48 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by sputnik

Apple?

Having a sale?

That is funny.

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

Originally posted by sputnik

Apple?

Having a sale?

I know this seems absurd at best, but there are forums all over the place talking about the discounts for Black Friday.

This is why I'm asking the question, was there anything last year in Canada, is this possible due to the launch of Windows 7???

Black Friday Deals Leaked

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast