Quantcast
Ideal Protein - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ideal Protein

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Default Ideal Protein

Have you guys ever heard of this before? What are your thoughts and opinions?

www.idealprotein.com
    www.beautyfullspa.ca/idealprotein.pdf
    2006 Civic Si
    Habanero Red

over priced junk

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Why exactly is it junk?
    2006 Civic Si
    Habanero Red

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

only a fool would purchase this crap - as seen on CNN? oh i'm sold!
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

If you want QUALITY protein for very low prices, use

www.trueprotein.com

I've bought all my stuff from them for the last 5 or 6yrs (usually 50lbs at a time). Really like the cold-filtration isolate.

Discount code of ALM999 gives you 10% off too

Originally posted by zipdoa
    only a fool would purchase this crap - as seen on CNN? oh i'm sold!

My Ride
    Focus

I still prefer ordering from online site like Whey Depot Canada ( similar to True Protein - they do whey protein in bulk, etc.)

Especially since I get it over faster and you don’t have to deal with customs issues because they ship free from Canada. I am always looking for local suppliers so I don't have to pay import duty + I pay in Canadian dollars. They generally have good supplements and whey Protein products and awesome super low prices, in my opinion.

Wheydepot.com just sent me out this offer by email:
    FREE WHEY PROTEIN SAMPLE KIT + SHAKER CUP

GO TO: http://www.wheydepot.com/categories/...mpler_kit.html

PeterW

Originally posted by PeterW
    I still prefer ordering from online site like Whey Depot Canada ( similar to True Protein - they do whey protein in bulk, etc.)

Especially since I get it over faster and you don’t have to deal with customs issues because they ship free from Canada. I am always looking for local suppliers so I don't have to pay import duty + I pay in Canadian dollars. They generally have good supplements and whey Protein products and awesome super low prices, in my opinion.

Wheydepot.com just sent me out this offer by email:
    FREE WHEY PROTEIN SAMPLE KIT + SHAKER CUP

GO TO: http://www.wheydepot.com/categories/...mpler_kit.html

PeterW
    nice advertisement.

first post is this ahahah

My Ride
    09 WRX

Hey 2efnfast, what flavours have you tried from there, and what do you think of alll that additive stuff, I am looking to try as new powder as Muscle Milk was just to damn expensive and alot of other stuff just doesn't taste good.

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

www.trueprotein.com

I've bought all my stuff from them for the last 5 or 6yrs (usually 50lbs at a time). Really like the cold-filtration isolate.

Have you tried the Cross-Flow Filtration or the new Ultra Filtration? The Cold-Filtration is really good, but I hear good things about CFM (a little more expensive, too).

Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
    Hey 2efnfast, what flavours have you tried from there, and what do you think of alll that additive stuff, I am looking to try as new powder as Muscle Milk was just to damn expensive and alot of other stuff just doesn't taste good.
    Most of the Premium Flavours are great. Just stay away from the Citrus ones. My favourites are Banana Bash, Strawberries 'N Cream, Chocolate Banana, Dutch Chocolate Fudge, French Vanilla Cream and Bananas 'N Cream. I pretty much like every flavour that has Chocolate, Banana, Strawberries or Cream. The only gross ones, like I said, are the citrus ones (Citrus Lime-Ade).
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Have you tried the Cross-Flow Filtration or the new Ultra Filtration? The Cold-Filtration is really good, but I hear good things about CFM (a little more expensive, too).

Most of the Premium Flavours are great. Just stay away from the Citrus ones. My favourites are Banana Bash, Strawberries 'N Cream, Chocolate Banana, Dutch Chocolate Fudge, French Vanilla Cream and Bananas 'N Cream. I pretty much like every flavour that has Chocolate, Banana, Strawberries or Cream. The only gross ones, like I said, are the citrus ones (Citrus Lime-Ade).
    I Tried one of the big flavor premium sample packs that has around 27 flavors at the time. Most of the flavors you mentioned above were pretty good. For some reason I didn't find the Citrus lime-ade to be that bad, sort or reminded me of lemon merange. But I remember there were a few I had trouble with... (grape, berry blast, yuck)

I'd agree though, True Protein gives a great product for a good price.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride
    09 WRX

Sample pack it is!

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

www.trueprotein.com

hey have u order anything else off thier website? i was looking at buying these two products.

Fish Oil Complex 1000 Capsules (1000mg each)

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=25&pid=6821

BCAA BOOST

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...d=6771#Details

sounds like a good supplement but not sure if it good tho. also if i take this do i take my noraml protien shake with it to for the pre work out?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by anhsicun

hey have u order anything else off thier website? i was looking at buying these two products.

Fish Oil Complex 1000 Capsules (1000mg each)

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...5&pid=6821

BCAA BOOST

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...d=6771#Details

sounds like a good supplement but not sure if it good tho. also if i take this do i take my noraml protien shake with it to for the pre work out?
    Both of those are excellent.

The way I take Boost is 1 serving preworkout, and 2 servings during workout.

Or just one serving during workout with 15g of leucine added.

Then post workout have your normal shake with carbs or whatever you do.

Caution, careful with the BCAA boost if you order the caffeine one. It's got 250mg/serving or about 3 cups of coffee
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

dam that alot of caffeine, but wouldn't that go to my advantage? like wouldn't i have more engery from the caffeine to get through my workout and maybe add on afew more sets.

also when u say take 2 servng durring workout, when do u usualy take it? like half way through ?

thanks

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

Originally posted by GQBalla

nice advertisement.

first post is this ahahah
    Even so, Wheydepot.com is still the shit! check this out, here is my last order, and what I paid all-in!

25lb Whey Protein Blend (22g whey protein, 1g carb, its not isolate but its damn close)
    2x60 Capsules EFA Fish Oils
    1x60 Capsules Multivitamin
    2x Shaker Cups
    Free sample pack

total: $195

Pretty good if you ask me...

i just got 16 lbs of whey cold filtered isolate from trueprotein and it was 165 canadian shipped.

closet thing from whey depot is 15 lbs for 169 canadian not including taxes.

so not much diff might have to check out wheydepot next.

where is whey depot located?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by anhsicun
    dam that alot of caffeine, but wouldn't that go to my advantage? like wouldn't i have more engery from the caffeine to get through my workout and maybe add on afew more sets.

also when u say take 2 servng durring workout, when do u usualy take it? like half way through ?

thanks
    Sip throughout the workout. I put mine in a 2L bottle of water.

Need liquids for growth. To many people only have a tiny water bottle or nothing at all
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    06 Acura TL

Default Re: Ideal Protein

Originally posted by 95gtchick
    Have you guys ever heard of this before? What are your thoughts and opinions?

www.idealprotein.com
    www.beautyfullspa.ca/idealprotein.pdf
    This stuff is bullshit, the data behind it is sound but the money they are charging you is gonna be for nothing.

A) If your losing 4 to 7 pounds a week, for any extended period of time is concerning and unrealistic.

B)1 pound a week is a more reasonable goal and your still going to have plateaus.

C)Do some research on ketogenic diets, keto diets work well if you have discipline and they are not fancy very simple:

DONT EAT CARBS
    EAT LOTS OF FAT AND PROTEIN

then once a week carb it up
    very simple - lots of reading on it and of course to get your MACROS

you cant just eat as much carbs as you want

Also one other thing of advice from this rant:
    you know what makes people gain weight even more than the junk we eat:

1)Eating too much
    2)Eating too much at one time--so i guess eating too little of times --> this is what that stupid site talked about insulin spiking
    3)Drink too little water (do you want kidney stones? not me!)
    4)Eating Too much!

People go on this starvation diets, and then they cant stand it anymore and theyre so hungry when they smell something they just wanna eat it. Craving control means that if your not hungry, then your more likely to stay on your diet, once you get hungry for an extended period of time then game over!

Always remeber its not JUST 8 glasses (250mL glasses) of water a day its 8 glasses of water a day + 1 glass of water for every caffeinated beverage (pop, coffee, black tea,...)