Quantcast
H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Will you get the H1N1 Vaccine?

Voters
379. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I don't want to die from a pig sneeze

94 24.80%
  • No, it really isn't any different than any conventional flu, I'm fine.

285 75.20%
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Yes you should protect your children at all costs, but what if the vaccine backfires (as flu vaccines have been know to do on occaision), and it give you the full out flu, instead of vaccination?
    Although some of the side-effects of the flu vaccine are flu-like symtoms, you won't be contagious.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
    ^^ My dads a doctor .. It was because of my high temp , and I couldn't eat. It was only an over nighter.. The rest of the time I bummed around and watched TVs and lost alot of weight because of my sweating.. it was a pretty good diet IMO lol
    You're lucky your dad's a doctor, mine's an accountant, he can probably calculate the infection rate but that's it, maybe throw in some expired chinese medicine! Good to hear you're better though.

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

More fuel for the debate

this is another email I received

thoughts?

No one should take the swine flu vaccine—it is one of the most dangerous vaccines ever devised. It contains an immune adjuvant called squalene (MF-59) which has been shown to cause severe autoimmune disorders such as MS, rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus. This is the vaccine adjuvant that is strongly linked to the Gulf War syndrome, which killed over 10,000 soldiers and caused a 200% increase in the fatal disease ALS (Lou Gehreg disease). This virus H1N1 kills by causing a “cytokine storm”, which means that it cause the body’s immune system to overreact and that is why it is killing young people and is a mild disease in the elderly. (The elderly have weakened immune systems.) This vaccine is a very powerful immune stimulator and carries the real possibility of making the lethality of the virus much greater.
    One’s best protection is vitamin D3. One should take 5000 IU a day now and when the disease begins to spread increase the dose to 15,000 IU a day. Vitamin D3 modulates the immune reaction, reducing the chance of an overreaction and stimulates the body to produce what are called antimicrobial peptides, which are powerful killers of viruses that does not involve immunity. This is dose related, which means the higher the dose of vitamin D3 the better the protection. Fish oils (the best is Carlson’s Norwegian lemon flavored fish oil) also reduce immune overreaction. One teaspoon a day should be sufficient. For severe symptoms, one teaspoon twice a day. Antioxidants of various kins also help—this includes, quercetin, curcumin, grapeseed extract, vitamin C and natural vitamin E. A good multivitamin/mineral such as Extend Core (www.vrp.com) is also essential.

Feel free to spread this around. People need to know how to protect themselves.

Russell
    RUSSELL L. BLAYLOCK, M.D.

Dr. Blaylock is a board certified neurosurgeon, author and lecturer. He attended the LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans and completed his general surgical internship and neurosurgical residency at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina. During his residency he ran the neurology program for one year and did a fellowship in neurosurgery after his residency. For the past 25 years he has practiced neurosurgery in addition to having a nutritional practice. He recently retired from both practices to devote full time to nutritional studies and research.
    During his residency training he worked with the eminent neurosurgeon, Dr. Ludwig Kempe. Together they developed the transcallosal removal of intraventricular tumors, which is still used today. Dr. Blaylock presented their cases utilizing this technique to the Congress of Neurological Surgeons. They also developed the ventriculolymphatic shunt in the treatment of hydrocephalus. In addition, they conducted neuroanatomical studies together with the aim of developing improved approaches in vascular intracranial surgery.

It was during his residency that Dr. Blaylock did much of the primary work on intraventricular monitoring of craniocerebral trauma patients, which was reported in the scientific literature. He also worked closely with Dr. Peter Jannetta during Dr. Jennetta’s early research on vascular compression of the cranial nerves as a cause of trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm. Dr. Blaylock was one of the first neurosurgeons to utilize high-intensity nutritional supplementation in craniocerebral trauma patients, which met with great success.

Dr. Blaylock has written and illustrated three books. The first book was on the subject of excitotoxins (Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills) and how they are related to diseases of the nervous system. His second book, Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life, covers the common basis of all diseases, nutritional protection against diseases of aging, protection against heavy metal toxicity, the fluoride debate, pesticide and herbicide toxicity, excitotoxin update, the vaccine controversy, protection against heart attacks and strokes and contains a new chapter on omega-3 fats. This book has been newly revised as an oversized paperback. His third book, Natural Strategies for Cancer Patients, was released in April, 2003 and discusses the ways to defeat cancer, enhance the effectiveness of conventional treatments and prevent complications associated with these treatments. In addition, he has written and illustrated three chapters in medical textbooks, written a booklet on nutritional protection against biological terrorism and written and illustrated a booklet on multiple sclerosis. He has written over 30 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals on a number of subjects.

Since the publication of his first book he has been a guest on numerous national and international syndicated radio programs and appeared on the 700 Club several times. He appeared on Nutritionally Living with Dr. Ward Bond. Presently, he is engaged in a monthly radio program discussing his book,Health and Nutrition Secrets on Raymond Francis’ program Beyond Health. The series will run for 12 months. He lectures widely to both lay and professional medical audiences on a variety of nutritional subjects.

Dr. Blaylock serves on the editorial staff of the Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association and is the associate editor of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, official journal of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. He has a monthly nutrition newsletter, published by NewsMax.com, The Blaylock Wellness Newsletter.
    Dr. Blaylock serves as the medical consultant for the Fluoride Toxicity Research Collaborative. He was recently awarded the Integrity in Science award by the Westin Price Foundation. Presently, he is a visiting professor in the department of biological sciences at Belhaven College in Jackson, Mississippi.

At present he is a member of the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons, the American Nutraceutical Association, the International and American Associations of Clinical Nutritionist, the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, American College of Nutrition, American Association for Health Freedom, National Health Federation, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and the Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation. He was recently appointed as a member of the Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and the Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation. He was also recently appointed as a member of the Scientific Advisory Panel of the Life-Extension Foundation.
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

MF-59 isn't a danger, it's harmful effects have been disproved.

Edit: The email also seems like spam for a vitamin supplement.

http://www.russellblaylockmd.com/
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 10-21-2009 at 05:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride

MF-59 isn't a danger, it's harmful effects have been disproved.

Edit: The email also seems like spam for a vitamin supplement.

http://www.russellblaylockmd.com/

hahaha

nice,.. I've been spammed

My Ride

Originally posted by barmanjay

hahaha

nice,.. I've been spammed
    Are you sure you don't want his "Brain Repair Formula", hahahah

H1N1 is the new 'Y2K'. Not buying in to it and definitely not getting any shots.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Probably getting the H1N1, I'm in the 'at risk' groups and my Doctor recommended it.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride

Are you sure you don't want his "Brain Repair Formula", hahahah
    Seems that I might need it,.. HAHAHA

Was just looking into a bit of the MF59

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squalene

Doesn't seem so bad after all,.. but I think I'll still wait for the longevity tests first,.. i want to be sure

My Ride

Originally posted by deaftone
    H1N1 is the new 'Y2K'. Not buying in to it and definitely not getting any shots.
    It's the beauty of the situation though, when it all blows over...

Pro-immunizationer's: "Yay, the flu-shot worked"
    Anti-immunizationer's: "There was nothing to be concerned about, more than your average flu"
    In betweener's "Well, I'm just glad I didn't get it, the news made it look nasty"

And we'll never know if it really was a big a deal as the media/WHO made it out to be.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

The ethyl mercury content alone is enough to keep me from ever getting one.

Other crap I've read:

Canada Decides To Approve Unlicensed Adjuvanted Vaccines

Prevent Disease
    October 21, 2009

Canada¡¯s largest-ever immunization campaign is about to get underway after the federal government rushed approval for a vaccine that could be administered to the population in as little as a week.

Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq¡¯s office confirmed Wednesday an announcement would be made allowing provinces and territories to proceed with H1N1 flu vaccinations as soon as possible.

It¡¯s Approved

¡°It¡¯s officially approved,¡± said Tim Vail, a spokesman for Aglukkaq.

The Public Health Agency of Canada had said it was aiming to have the vaccine available in early November.

Other countries have already begun vaccinations. The United States has started giving swine-flu shots to people in groups thought to be at greater risk.

Japan started its vaccinations Monday and Britain started Wednesday.

Two million doses of the swine-flu vaccine have already been shipped to the provinces and territories to await final sign-off from Ottawa.

The government aims to ship around three million doses a week as the vaccine rolls off the production line.

The vaccine needed regulatory approval before the federal government could give the provinces and territories the green light to start the H1N1 flu shots.

fall of the republic

Canadian clinical trials are still underway, but federal health authorities are relying on data from clinical trials done in Europe.

Pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline has a contract to produce 50.4 million doses of pandemic vaccine at its facility in Ste-Foy, Que.

Can You Do The Math?

There are concerns about the new vaccine, which contains adjuvants, or compounds that are claimed to boost the immune system¡¯s response to vaccines.

There¡¯s currently no licensed flu vaccine containing adjuvant in Canada and there are no data on the use of so-called adjuvanted flu vaccine in pregnant women, which may add to the already high degree of reluctance many pregnant women feel about taking any medication or therapy.

There is also little data on the safety of the additives in vaccines given to children.

Though it had first said it would only buy adjuvanted vaccine, the federal government later ordered 1.8 million doses of vaccine that does not contain adjuvants for pregnant women and young children. But the doses shipped this week contain adjuvants.

The population of Canada may want to pay special attention to the fact that there are no licensed flu vaccines containing adjuvant in Canada. Yet only 1.8 million of the 50.4 million doses do not contain adjuvants. That means that potentially 95% of the Canadian population will receive adjuvanted vaccine contradicting Canadian health regulations as mandated by Health Canada.

The vaccine without adjuvants needs to be formulated and packaged separately from the adjuvanted vaccine, which is why they are being shipped separately, said Canada¡¯s chief public health officer, Dr. David Butler-Jones.

The Public Health Agency hasn¡¯t said when the vaccine without adjuvants will be shipped.
    Also H1N1 Vaccine Packages¡¯ Inserts
    Ingredients and Warnings

Lineups to get it will be crazy.

I'll skip it.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-05-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    2001 Chevy Silverado

No plans to be vaccinated... I don't get flu shots, so why should H1N1 be any different?

My Ride
    You Crazy

I don't do vaccination.

I REALLY don't go for fear based 'advertising'.

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by Toma

maybe this will turn into i am legend styles?

Originally posted by Toma
    I don't do vaccination.

Let me guess.

Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey are the people you get your medical advice from on the topic of vaccination.

My Ride

Well, if Farrakhan has anythign to say about it, it's gotta be bad.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

(oh yeah, fox news -- still -- it's a funny read)

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I don't understand why people get flu shots. It relieves your immune system of its duties so if you get this shot you'll have to get the next one and next one and next one.......eventually your immune system won't be able to do anything without getting a shot.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting over the swine flu now, stayed in bed all Sunday/Monday, lots of liquids, rest and kept my core body temperature up to prevent unnecessary energy loss through body heat. I was back to work on Tuesday and I've got the tools to fight the next flu that comes along.

Getting a flu shot is only a temporary fix if you're older than 10 and younger than 70. And not pregnant.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast