Quantcast
H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it? - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Will you get the H1N1 Vaccine?

Voters
379. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I don't want to die from a pig sneeze

94 24.80%
  • No, it really isn't any different than any conventional flu, I'm fine.

285 75.20%
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

I thought this was funny.

My fiance works at fossil in southcentre.. She had a monther come in with her son. Fiance asked politly to the kid why he wasent in school. The mother said that he was scared to goto school because the teachers were telling the kids how bad the H1N1 is and if your sick you need to stay home. the mother said that her son was so affraid that he though that if he went to school and someone had a cold that he would die.

Seriously this is a good example of how media and government brain washes people.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by snoop101
    The mother said that he was scared to goto school because the teachers were telling the kids how bad the H1N1

Seriously this is a good example of how media and government brain washes people.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by snoop101
    I thought this was funny.

....Or how a child will leverage that fear to get out of school.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Legless_Marine2

....Or how a child will leverage that fear to get out of school.
    lmao.... it would be funny if it was JUST kids lol...

I heard that its estimated 30% of the work force will be sick at one point. LOL, talk about giving employees a reason for an extra week off.

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Ron Liepert should resign and Stelmach should not get another term in office.

If this 'pandemic' is as serious as the 'media' is making out to be, wouldn't it make sense for the 'leadership' to announce that all essential personnel are the first priority to get the flu shots. I don't know if they have or haven't done this (I would certainly assume the nurses giving out the shots would have already received a dose of the vaccine themselves) but I know they haven't publicly announced it. Medical professional, fire and police are the first line of defense should an outbreak happen and I don't think anybody would ever criticize the government for taking care of them first and then deal with the high-risk group next. Ric McIver is the only person I know of to publicly suggest Fire and Police get preferential treatment. I think pilots/steward(esse)s/airport workers should also get preferential treatments as well.

The clinics last week were chaotic and a complete logistic failure. Having to wait 4-5 hours with young children and still not getting the shots is ridiculous. If this scenario happened in a real corporate situation, you could bet someone would get sacked for this level of incompetence. But it's funny how only in government is where accountability doesn't matter. God forbid we get a real pandemic and we have to rely on Liepert to organize outbreak management system.

As for the Flames' situation, I think people who complain are hypocrites. Since they would jump at the chance to skip the line if they were offered the chance. And why shouldn't the Flames take the shots if they were offered? There's no commandment where hockey players are supposed to be holier than thou. If anything, they are more at risk than the majority of the people waiting in lines. But then again, this Flames' situation is a nice cover story to take the focus off of Stelmach and his party's incompetencies.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

I don't think that anyone can deny that the provincial government have set new standards in bungling this entire H1N1 pandemic.

First our idiot government tells everyone how important it is to be vaccinated - spending millions on adds and "educational sessions".

Then they decide to set up four vaccine clinics in a city of over a million people and then proceed to scratch their heads completely baffled when outrageous lineups form at them.

Next they suddenly discover that they have run out of vaccines and have no choice but to shut down the vaccine clinics.

Now they apparently have rethought their original stance and are telling the public that only high risk groups need to be vaccinated in the near future.

If all this wasn't enough, it's now come out that certain groups (flames and friends) have had access to the vaccine ahead of high risk groups.

All I can say is it's a damn good thing that the H1N1 pandemic has turned out to not be terribly serious... at least so far anyway. God help us had it been an extremely deadly virus.

I have seen absolutely nothing from the PC to make me think that I should even consider voting for them in the next election.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
    As for the Flames' situation, I think people who complain are hypocrites. Since they would jump at the chance to skip the line if they were offered the chance. And why shouldn't the Flames take the shots if they were offered? There's no commandment where hockey players are supposed to be holier than thou. If anything, they are more at risk than the majority of the people waiting in lines. But then again, this Flames' situation is a nice cover story to take the focus off of Stelmach and his party's incompetencies.
    It was a PR move spun by the media in a negative direction in light of the vaccine shortages.

If it wasn't for the shortage this would be a non issue and the media would be praising the Flames for being an example for the community.

Chalk one up.

One thing i enjoyed from that thread was "The best engine in the world is the vagina..It can be started with one finger.It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston.And it changes its own oil every four weeks.It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental."

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

With regards to the Flames thing, once again it's the media perverting reality. The Flames WERE NOT the only private group to move to the front of the line. I have a client who works for an oil company here in town (no, I won't say which one) that brought in a private nurse and had shots for all the staff (those who wanted it anyway). Funny, nobody heard anything about that on the news. That's because the Flames are a much easier / sexier target for media hysteria.

FWIW, I don't think the Flames did anything wrong. They asked if it could be done, there were told yes, so they proceeded. Of course this was all before anyone knew there would be shortages.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    You Crazy

Here is a quote from a fellow member on p-shop Posted today.

i just spent 4 days last week in and out of the hospital while my wife had a baby, and wow are they blowing this way out of context. mandatory masks, supervised hand wash stations at all the doors, etc. after the baby was born we asked about getting the vaccine for the family(my wife and i never had planned to, but with 3 kids under 5?), and none of the doctors or nurses suggested we get it and they all said the same thing, IF you show symptoms and are aware enough to recognize them and get it looked after, chances are you will be fine. even though the kids, especially the newborn, are at a higher risk, our doctor said the previously mentioned side effects or unknowns could do more harm then actually getting h1n1.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

So some new news has hit me recently..

I thought it was only fair for me to share this after how much talking I did in this thread regarding N1H1 and the vaccine. I in no way am revoking any statements I made, nor changing my opinion - but this hit closer to home than I imagined.

A friend of mine, Daley M., was found dead in her bed yesterday morning.

The night before she was at one of the local hospitals getting checked out, because with the current symptoms she had it was possible she had contracted the virus. The fact that she also was asthmatic as well as a diabetic put her in the high-risk group, so it was justified. They said she appeared to have the virus, and they sent her home with some more details, etc. Then, after a nights rest she was found lifeless in her own bed.

Daley, 20 years old. One of the sweetest girls on the planet.

While it still isn't known if N1H1 was in fact the reason for her passing away, it still is an eye-opener as to how little things can sometimes do a lot of damage. Absolutely devastating, don't know what else to say.

To finish, I am still against the vaccine.
    Last edited by Pollywog; 11-05-2009 at 07:45 PM.

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

condolences
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

OK so reading up on the ingredients here we go:
    combination of thimerosal (mercury), gelatin (processed pigskins) and/or formaldehyde, and that Sanofi Pasteur's vaccine was first approved in the year 1980.

Forget that... I have no pre-existing conditions... I'll take my chances.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Sorry to hear about your friend, Pollywog. It's unfortunate that those pre-existing conditions likely had everything to do with what happened. :\
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    OK so reading up on the ingredients here we go:
    combination of thimerosal (mercury), gelatin (processed pigskins) and/or formaldehyde, and that Sanofi Pasteur's vaccine was first approved in the year 1980.

Forget that... I have no pre-existing conditions... I'll take my chances.
    Do you even know how those are used to make the H1N1 vaccine? Or why they are even used? Seems like you are making a decision on these "ingredients" you see without fully understanding why they are used.

Check this out and go to section 11.
    http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Biologi.../UCM182404.pdf

Also look up Thimerosal and gelatin/formaldehyde to see why they are used in pharmaceuticals.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by eb0i

Do you even know how those are used to make the H1N1 vaccine? Or why they are even used? Seems like you are making a decision on these "ingredients" you see without fully understanding why they are used.

Check this out and go to section 11.
    http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Biologi.../UCM182404.pdf

Also look up Thimerosal and gelatin/formaldehyde to see why they are used in pharmaceuticals.
    Yah I have no idea man... Thanks for the better link though.

Anyone who has had it, did you continue to have a cough afterwards? My gf thought she may have had it last week, but was over it within 2-3 days, but now it's over a week later, and she's still coughing.

Pollywog,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Wouldn't this friend with the preexisting high risk conditions have been a prime candidate for vaccination then -- especially given the relatively low severe side effect rate (1%)?

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 ... LastLast