Quantcast
H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Will you get the H1N1 Vaccine?

Voters
379. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I don't want to die from a pig sneeze

94 24.80%
  • No, it really isn't any different than any conventional flu, I'm fine.

285 75.20%
Page 1 of 34 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

Default H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

Just going through my emails this morning, and got one from my mom and my sister, not the same email,.. but with the same underlying statements that the vaccine has more detrimental health problems than the flu itself.

Both my mom and sister are quite active with staying informed about all health issues.

http://www.mercola.com/article/swine...u-Update-2.htm

Thoughts?

I'll tell you, that I won't get the vaccine till a proper study has been done; taking a vaccine that has been pushed through the medical system in record time is playing russian roulette.
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

Fuck it.

My Ride
    88 Mr-2 N/A / 86 Celica GTS

i dont get the regular flu shot so no i wont besides if everyone else gets the h1n1 shot cause its super hyped by the media then il be fine cause no one will pass it around.
    Originally posted by Ben
    Ah yes, but does your car wake you up with your cock in it's intake as a nice little "Good Morning"? A Car might give you a hard on, but a girl knows just how to deal with it.

The better question is, do I need it?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

Originally posted by barmanjay
    J
    Thoughts?

I'll tell you, that I won't get the vaccine till a proper study has been done; taking a vaccine that has been pushed through the medical system in record time is playing russian roulette.
    This, but I'm not getting one even after it's been studied.

I'm a perfectly healthy adult male, with no regular contact with anyone who would be at risk for more than normal flu symptoms from the h1n1.

I'm also a firm believer that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. How are our future generations going to cope with disease if we don't build a generational natural immunity?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

no way

i can't even remember the last time i got a flu shot.

and last shot i received from the medical system was that menegitis (sp) shot

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

the shot has not been tested yet, and the government is relying on studies performed in other countries.

I doubt that I will get it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Last edited by kaput; 04-03-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Originally posted by kaput
    Count me out. If it starts to get bad, I'll just work from home for a few weeks until it blows over and hope to avoid it.
    +1

my work has already devised a swine flu situation

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Fuck it.
    +1

Originally posted by GQBalla
    +1

my work has already devised a swine flu situation
    same, we have a bottle of hand sanitizer at the front desk

Originally posted by almerick

+1

lol same!!

its hilarious they really trying to pump out this swine flu pandemic, ive already lost sleep testing the plan ahaha

I do know a couple people that currently have the h1n1 flu and are secluted at home and the hospital...

Its a scary thought that this shit is going around; however, fuck taking a vaccine that hasnt been properly tested and thats being pushed through like wild fire.

Pharmaceutical conspiracy perhaps?

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

sure thats not lub for the hot secretary.

But ya I never got a Flu shot in my life. When I worked on cruise ships we all had to go to the medical center on the ship and have it done. I said no and they brought out this form that I signed and was on my way.

+1

Can you imagine how much Purell has made off of this. Fucking dispensors are everywhere downtown right now.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Normally I wouldn't bother with something like this but being that we have two small kids in school / daycare, I'm sure we would get it or I don't want to pass it on to them. Once they are a little bit older (youngest is only 1.5) then a round of flu is probably good for them in the long run.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Default Re: H1N1 Vaccine - will you get it? do you trust it?

First off, the poll is an excluded middle.
    I'll be getting the vaccination, but not because I'm scared it's going to kill me, simply because I recognize that there's a much greater likelihood of me catching it than the normal flu.
    I normally don't get the flu shot because I'm lazy, but I have a kid, and it would be incredibly irresponsible of me to not do everything in my power to protect her from getting the flu. It would probably be an inconvenience for me, it could be substantially more dangerous for a 2 year old.

Just going through my emails this morning, and got one from my mom and my sister, not the same email,.. but with the same underlying statements that the vaccine has more detrimental health problems than the flu itself.

Both my mom and sister are quite active with staying informed about all health issues.

http://www.mercola.com/article/swine...u-Update-2.htm

Thoughts?
    Fisher is a crackpot.
    I'm ALL for informed consent, but the anti-vaccine lobby goes far beyond that.

Mercola is a fucking wackjob too. Feel free to check that looney, "alternative" medicine quack out too.
    The entire argument against getting vaccinated is based on cherry picked, misleading information. The entire argument against getting vaccinated is based on dogmatic beliefs.
    From what I've been able to find, the entire evidence based medical society agrees that not only is this vaccine not dangerous, but it's very effective as well.

I take the opinions of people who've spent billions upon billions of dollars in research and development into these issues more seriously than those who stand on the outside and tell me they're all wrong and that accupuncture, homeopathy, and whatever other crazy shit they're selling will keep me safe.

With regards to scientific issues:
    Scientists>>>>spice salesmen.

A greater risk? Sure.
    A significant risk? Not a goddamned chance.
    We know how this shit works. We've been developing vaccines for a long time. Did we have as much time to test this one as we'd like? No. But that speaks more to just how incredibly rigorous and thorough our usual testing standards are than the safety of this drug. I haven't found a single compelling reason that indicates that the possible negative side effects from this come anywhere close to outweighing the benefits.

On a personal note: Don't you have a few kids yourself? I implore you to think a little bit and actually do some research before you decide not to get immunized. You'll probably be fine, but this flu could be very dangerous for kids. Especially kids under the age of ~6 months, because the flu shot is ineffective for them since their bodies won't produce the antibodies that make it work for the rest of us. In short: The best, and possibly only, way to protect your kids (especially your young kids) from this is to protect yourself from this.

Don't let speculative horseshit you saw from an anti-vaccination spokesperson on an alternative "medicine" website put the health of your kids at risk.

If someone wants to play it fast and loose with their own life, I could give a shit.
    But when you have kids, your responsibility doesn't begin and end only with your own well being, and I think that's an obligation we should take very seriously. I believe you have the obligation to take care of your kids to the best of your ability, even if that comes at the expense of personal principles.

To channel Brian Dunning:
    If you're getting unsolicited medical advice from people with no medical expertise, and it goes against the consensus of both the medical and the scientific communities, you should be skeptical.
    Last edited by TKRIS; 10-21-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

^

"Fast and loose"? Have you actually read up on the H1N1 at all? The only people who have complications from it are people who have previous existing medical conditions.

You're <6 month old child is has no more danger from the H1N1, than a normal flu.

Yes you should protect your children at all costs, but what if the vaccine backfires (as flu vaccines have been know to do on occaision), and it give you the full out flu, instead of vaccination?

Edit: I should point out I have no idea who Mercola is, or that there even was an anti-vaccination movement... it's just my own opinions based on my own knowledge.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 10-21-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

With no longitudinal studies completed, not a fucking chance.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Both my wife and I will be getting the flu shot. More because I have a 4 month old who can't get any form of flu shots, and it was told to us by our family doctor that it would be irresponsible parenting on our part not to get the flu shots to protect her.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    [BYes you should protect your children at all costs, but what if the vaccine backfires (as flu vaccines have been know to do on occaision), and it give you the full out flu, instead of vaccination? [/B]
    This is my biggest fear from getting the vaccine. I really don't know what I would do if it did backfire. I guess I could send the wife and kid to live at the grandparents house for a while.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 11 ... LastLast