Quantcast
Eastside Dodge sold me a LEMON - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastside Dodge sold me a LEMON

My Ride
    Death Trap

Thumbs down Eastside Dodge Sold Me a LEMON

I purchased my 09' Dodge Challenger new from Eastside Dodge in Nov/08- Paid cash outright for the car. We should have know this was going to be a nightmare after we experienced shady sales tactics right from the start. With the promise of my car to arrive within a week of purchase, a deal which almost fell through because the dealership was too cheap to throw in $160 worth of tint on a cash deal. After waiting 3 weeks and different stories as to where it was, it arrived and our first "mecahnical misfire" was literally 20-30mins after taking possession and driving of Eastside Dodges lot, it was a rather rough idle and severe shaking. Car goes in next day and they can't find the problem. 2 more times this happens over the course of 2 weeks, and again the car goes back, and again "Can't duplicate problem", so I go to another dealership for another opinion. And again the problem happens but the dealership can't figure it out. Finally after driving out of the second dealer literally 10mins after picking it up the car goes into the misfire, I turn around and head back to the dealership to show them. No check engine light, no data logging, and no indication that there is something wrong but a very apparent rough idling car. After a few part swaps and TSB's applied we thought the issue was solved. Jun/09 I'm heading into the city and the car suddenly starts to misfire, I pull off the road and restart the car, get back up to speed and again the car misfires, all the lights inside the car go on and the car just dies, no steering, no braking, nothing... and I'm costing to the backend of a tractor trailer slowing for railroad tracks. I strongarm steered the car with what little I could into the oncoming lane but with the weight of the car, rode right into the ditch and into a dirtpile, and rock. Tow truck, police etc and witnesses, and I walked away, the car faired pretty well in the front end, it was mainly underbody damage and plastic covers etc.

I immediatley contacted my insurance, tow the car to Varsity and get a police report. My adjuster calls and requests history on the car and then advises me they denied my claim and that Chrylser should warranty this as it is a mechanical failure. So ok... I call Customer support, give all the details and they tell me nope they aren't going to deal with this, call your insurance. After a week of calls back and forth I called East side Dodge and the GM tells me to tow the car up to them and they will do whatever they can to get this fixed. A week and a half later I'm told that the warranty rep won't help out... the guys hasn't even seen the car, and to see my insurance, they don't care my premiums will increase, but go through them. I contact AMVIC, CAMVAP, AADAC ( Dealers Counsel) and they all can't help due to damages to the vehicle but they all put in writing that this is a WARRANTY matter and Chrysler needs to fix this. The BBB advises I won't get far as Chrysler has an 'F' rating from them and don't do much as it is a loss. I seek a lawyer who advises it will be too costly and not worth the $$ only to get some of it back should I win a judgement. I go to the media and they can't help as Chrysler has legally bound them with their advertising from ever stating negative things from it's customers. It is frustrating,

At this point I'm getting no where, the GM at Eastside Dodge says, he's frustrated and the gate keepers of hell at Chryslers Customer service aren't helping. He comes up with an offer:

I get the car fixed at his dealership "as he won't have the car fixed at any half rated shop that may hack the car up" and he'll buy my car back and sell it, but I have to spend the money at his dealership on another car. AT this point I'm already pissed so he offers me $22,500 for a $32,000 car that I've driven for almost 5mos, and have had in the shop almost 2 mos of that time. And I advise him I want a new 2010 SXT just like mine, and he says fine I can have one built and landed 1st week of Sept. I negotiate a better price for mine and he won't budge. So fine, get the new car here, fix mine and I'll deal with the loss. Then I'm told the car will be mid- 3rd week of Sept. Then 1st week of Oct as there was a sirius satelite parts shortage and my car was hung up , then it was late Oct early Nov. It wasn't until I asked for a VIN I'm told, the car hasn't been built. I was pissed, my car was sent back into the shop 3 times to fix screw ups from what I was expecting "professional work" well a low budget shop could have done a better job than these monkeys. After reviewing workorders/ estimates, Eastside Dodge is ripping me off, more parts than required, then when I call them on the parts, they remove them and hike up the labour rate. Then they want to charge me $860 for a complete front steering link when all that is damaged is the outer boot, which I have to give them the part #, price and availability on..... these guys at Eastside Dodge will work you over from all angles if they think you don't notice these things. Then they throw out all the parts after I had EXPLICITLY stated I wanted them all for a future claim, and then act dumb like I never asked.... I have the front bumper, where is the rest of it??

The car is finally done last Thursday, I get emailed on the Friday and threatened to pick it up or Eastside Dodge would sieze my car, put a lien on it, sell it at auction etc etc etc.... So i went to get my car Monday, after more BS and yelling at the bodymanager who is the biggest tool working for them... they refuse to release the car even after payment all because I refuse to sign anymore paperwork. Well after all of this I'm out $5200 and am now stuck with an uninsurable $32,000 POS. The GM Jason Bender is a complete idiot who like you to believe he's helping you when he's really just trying to work one over on anyone he can. He has no balls to face me, yet he can throw down an arguement over the phone.

Well I figure I will show memebrs and Calgarians what kind of products Eastside Dodge sells:

I've read literally hundreds of files and claims against Eastside Dodge and their shadiness it sickens me these assholes are in business. From slimely salesman, right to crooked GM's and an owner who has no balls to respond to customers as he is a coward.

I finally have a reputatble dealership who has gone through everything, paperwork, estimates, emails sent and received and call recordings and they even stated I've been worked over, and they have stepped up to purchase my car for MORE than the gay lowball offer from Eastside Dodge, and I have a new 2010 SXT ready to go for pick up. To further my fight, I've served Chrsyler Canada naming Eastside Dodge in a civil suit for the repair costs and the loss on the car.

SO I figured the more websites, forums, friends, family this can go out to the better
    Last edited by canadian canuck; 10-30-2009 at 01:51 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

Awesome.

Just out of curiosity, which dealership is more reputable? I used to own a Chrysler Intrepid and had a couple very frustrating experiences at a Chrysler dealership as well (not Eastside). They weren't as costly as yours though, and I'm sure not as frustrating because my car wasn't brand new! Its dumbfounding how poor dealership service can be.

I've seen your car before, and laughed my ass off at the stickers. Good work.. You should change the Title of the thread though, i thought something was going to turn around for the better lol

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Sorry to hear man .. that's terrible. Title change isn't a bad idea especially since Beyond comes up almost immediately during google searches.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Sorry to hear man .. that's terrible. Title change isn't a bad idea especially since Beyond comes up almost immediately during google searches.
    Yes! I was just going to suggest that after reading. I thought it was going to be a postive thread before reading.

My Ride
    K-car

My cousin had major problems with his 08 Toyota Tundra and the dealership would not stand behind their product and fix it properly(or buy it back),he built a HUGE plywood lemon for the box,one for the roof,and a huge yellow lemon sticker for the doors listing all the problems he had with the dealership and the truck.He parked the truck across the street from the dealer so lots of people could see his truck and read his lemon list,the owner of the store seen this and he was very helpful,he made sure my cousin was treated fairly and made all the calls to corporate to have his truck bought back by Toyota.The LAST thing a Chrysler/Dodge dealership needs right now is bad publicity,perhaps if the dealer principal sees your car he may help out.

That dealership has been shady for as long as I can remember (I speak from experience). I blame the public for helping keep a place like that in business.

And the media can’t report the facts because they’re paid off by a company? Sounds like that’s a bigger issue on the whole

My Ride
    is Invisible

Wow that must really suck. I wish i could offered some advice.

Dont give up, keep bothering them.

My Ride
    FD1

their body shop does some good work

My Ride
    Canyonero

holy shit... That is quite the saga. I have read your earlier thread on CT4WD but to see it all in one place, hoooolyyyy cow. What a story.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Good luck! Never give up.

My Ride
    Apex Predator

That is one of the worst car buying horror stories I've read in awhile. Glad your ok after putting the car into the ditch. You should definitely take your story to the media if possible. Nice work on the stickers though! Bunch of crooks.

-edit- just read the media thing won't work. shit.
    Last edited by NickGT; 10-21-2009 at 07:34 PM.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by cjblair
    Awesome.

Just out of curiosity, which dealership is more reputable? I used to own a Chrysler Intrepid and had a couple very frustrating experiences at a Chrysler dealership as well (not Eastside). They weren't as costly as yours though, and I'm sure not as frustrating because my car wasn't brand new! Its dumbfounding how poor dealership service can be.

I think the 2.7l Intrepid is the biggest piece of shit car ever made. Some how, ours still runs. It burns oil yet there is no oil in there anyway.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Decals on the side need to be bigger Chris.

I say we chill on a saturday out front with and make sure to tell your story to everyone who enters the lot.

How about this saturday? or do you have something better to do?
    Last edited by Kavy; 10-21-2009 at 07:50 PM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by dino_martini

I think the 2.7l Intrepid is the biggest piece of shit car ever made. Some how, ours still runs. It burns oil yet there is no oil in there anyway.
    Well I had the 3.2L, which was still a boat full of problems, so to speak. The engine was awesome, tranny started slipping a bit towards the end, but the biggest problems were with tie rod ends (inner/outer) and all the little stuff like failing power locks and windows, weather stripping falling off... it was just a complete POS.

Holy Crap, that sucks to hear. But...

Why the fuck didn't you return it and get your money back? First day off the lot, and subsequently with 2 weeks of problems.

You must be insane or something! As far as domestics go I am Dodge all the way, but If I had all those kind problems it would be going back; and if they gave me any hassle they would get an alley apple in the face too.

Please explain why you didn't take it back right away, I am curious to hear the psychology behind your initial purchase. Were you so highly elated on dopamine/testosterone that you couldn't see beyond two weeks of shitty driving? I thought only synthetic chemical compounds had the capability to fuck a person up continuously for that long.

My Ride
    02 RSX

wow horrible!

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

ya... a mod should change the title of the thread.

This is fuckin' bullshit. I hope this thread gets some attention and helps your case.

From what you said, you're a stronger man than me... if it were me, the car would have gone in for repairs with a trunk full of C4.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

You need to change the title of the thread. When I first saw it I thought:

"Ya right, Eastside actually made someone happy? That has to be a first!"

I have had many, many, many complaints from my customers in the past regarding Eastside.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Originally posted by Cock Knuckle
    Holy Crap, that sucks to hear. But...

Why the fuck didn't you return it and get your money back? First day off the lot, and subsequently with 2 weeks of problems.

You must be insane or something! As far as domestics go I am Dodge all the way, but If I had all those kind problems it would be going back; and if they gave me any hassle they would get an alley apple in the face too.

Please explain why you didn't take it back right away, I am curious to hear the psychology behind your initial purchase. Were you so highly elated on dopamine/testosterone that you couldn't see beyond two weeks of shitty driving? I thought only synthetic chemical compounds had the capability to fuck a person up continuously for that long.

your user name really is applicable!
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast