Quantcast
OWNED by a turbo caravan - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: OWNED by a turbo caravan

Default PWNED by a turbo caravan

Yep, i was owned on saturday by a sweet 86 turbo caravan in douglasdale... thing had customized wood trim exterior, and a gutted interior!! not to mention the completely cratered windshield... Im passing him on a 2 lane street, and out of nowhere he smokes the thing and takes off!! only to turn off at the next intersection into a cul-de-sac... duh he was going over 100 and then goes home... no wonder his windshield is trashed!!

buddy, just because i was passing doesnt mean i was racing you... even my daughter was laughing at you! calm down, or that thing will be at pick-your-part sooner than youd expect (actually its a few years overdue!)

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I think I know who that guy was...Usually a great guy...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I think I remember seeing a red turbo van in the same area a while back. Same car? I remember the person gunned it from a stop sign, let off, and I heard a BOV.

Hahahaha. That's hilarious... Owned by a minivan!

Although I saw one gunning it down a freeway in Toronto. It was a Previa and it was doing something sick like 190km/h. I had no idea a 4-banger van was capable of that. The sunfire that I sold didn't even hit that speed down hills...

My Ride
    Pony

yeah hes a good guy I raced him all over south calgary one night. it was just when he had finished it. It's his work van and figured he would have some fun with it. Didn't beat me though.

Last edited by kaput; 03-13-2019 at 12:20 AM.

My Ride
    02 Sonic Blue, Mustang GT, Drop Top

Originally posted by kaput
    I read about a guy in the states who drag races his minivan for a living
    thats funny, its like when are people gonna get a life LOL

why not take jogging as a hobby or pickin your nose LOL prob a lot more of a rush
    Previous car 2002 Mustang GT
    New ride 2015 Mustang v6 3.7

Jogging or picking your nose??? WTF??? What, a 1/4 mile time of 12s is too slow for you to get a rush MistaBrent? Those Turbo MiniVans can have some serious power and speed. Only good for drag racing though as they would seriously suck for road racing....unless the Van's name is the Renault Espace F1

Anyways take a look at a few of them before being so judgemental on how "boring" it would be to drag race them.

Originally posted by richardchan2002
    Hahahaha. That's hilarious... Owned by a minivan!

Although I saw one gunning it down a freeway in Toronto. It was a Previa and it was doing something sick like 190km/h. I had no idea a 4-banger van was capable of that. The sunfire that I sold didn't even hit that speed down hills...
    some previas come supercharged, my cousin has one. pretty quick for a van
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
    Jogging or picking your nose??? WTF??? What, a 1/4 mile time of 12s is too slow for you to get a rush MistaBrent? Those Turbo MiniVans can have some serious power and speed. Only good for drag racing though as they would seriously suck for road racing....unless the Van's name is the Renault Espace F1

Anyways take a look at a few of them before being so judgemental on how "boring" it would be to drag race them.
    in the one vid of the van whooping the camaro, didn't the van pull a 11s 1/4 mi time?

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

so that means that they are all the same?

My Ride
    05 Duramax/02 cbr 954

The guy works by me. The old dodge caravans had a Mitsu turbo engine. HKS powered and the whole deal. Has more power then most imports. Minivans are funny

Originally posted by CRXguy
    I think I remember seeing a red turbo van in the same area a while back. Same car? I remember the person gunned it from a stop sign, let off, and I heard a BOV.
    wasnt red.. was in pretty rough shape though, that bluish silver colour that they all seemed to be in the mid 80's, and a completely destroyed windshield, i should be caving in at such speeds!

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

I got shit else to do with my van/time, (96 caravan)Thinking about turbocharging it, like 8 psi, it'll be the 'biggest' sleeper

I think I know the fellow of whom you all speak.

Good guy? Talk to soloracer and ask him if he think's he's a good guy. After breaking into his car )among others) and setting a wicked project back a couple years, I'm guessing Soloracer doesnt think so highly of this fellow. Soloracer is only now recieving court ordered restitution for the lost items and damage.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9886
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 11-17-2003 at 08:07 PM.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

that sucks!!

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
    I think I know the fellow of whom you all speak.

Good guy? Talk to soloracer and ask him if he think's he's a good guy. After breaking into his car )among others) and setting a wicked project back a couple years, I'm guessing Soloracer doesnt think so highly of this fellow. Soloracer is only now recieving court ordered restitution for the lost items and damage.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...;threadid=9886
    Ouch, maybey not such a nice guy after all
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride
    Sfire GT and Daytona turbo

Originally posted by knees scrapin'
    The old dodge caravans had a Mitsu turbo engine. HKS powered and the whole deal.
    No, had a 2.2 turbo motor. AMERICAN DESIGNED AND BUILT by chrysler. same as the daytona (and all other turbo dodge motors). The only mitsu part on them was the turbo itself.
    Scott
    CFB Esquimalt/HMCS Protecteur

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Scott

No, had a 2.2 turbo motor. AMERICAN DESIGNED AND BUILT by chrysler. same as the daytona (and all other turbo dodge motors). The only mitsu part on them was the turbo itself.
    designed by chrysler? its based on the vw 1.6L.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Sfire GT and Daytona turbo

10. Chrysler designs the 2.21 engine for the 1981 model year K-body and plans to replace the VW 1.71 engine in the L-body

11. Because of the long experience with the VW 1.71 engine Chrysler "models" many features of the 2.21 engine from the VW 1.7 engine including material choices for the cylinder head (aluminum) and cylinder block (cast iron) location of the camshaft, in-line valve arrangement, offset water pump housing, intake and exhaust manifold on the same side of the head and located to the rear of the vehicle

14. The 2.21 is designed by the former 340 V8 engine designers and was made very robust in certain areas particularly the crankshaft.....

Straight from Gary donovans website http://www.thedodgegarage.com/history_22.html

Yes some similarities came from the VW motor, like placement of stuff, but it was built and designed in the states.
    Scott
    CFB Esquimalt/HMCS Protecteur